Moyes has to go

Moyes out?

• Knee jerk/I object to the term knee jerk because I told you he was going to be rubbish in 2003

Votes: 296 80.4%
  • Head in sand/My name is Baghdad Bob and everything is going to be OK

Votes: 72 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manutddjw

My biggest issue with him is that he's tactically inept. Brendan Rodgers has and Arsene Wenger has had far worse teams in terms of overall talent than what we currently do, yet they were able to get the most out of their squad by utilizing tactics that would enable them to get the most out of their team. And they were successful and didn't have them playing as badly as we have all season bar 3 games. Clearly something has been wrong with us this season and Moyes hasn't done anything to remedy the situation and we carry on with this shit show. Even a decent manager wouldn't carry on with something that hasn't been working, yet Moyes seems content on sticking to whatever the hell it is he's doing currently that isn't working.

And all this about Sir Alex's "stand by your new manager" quote which alot gets made out of it. I'd be willing to bet an inch off my you know what that when he said that he'd of never thought we'd be in the position we currently are in, or he would've stuck around a couple more years. He probably said that thinking that we might not win the title for a few seasons and to be patient. Not because he thought we would fail to get into 4th.

Empire

Are you trying to out-smart the poll here?? The idea behind the poll is simple. Should he stay or leave? We don't care about the technicality of it right now.
I don't think he should leave now, so I voted no.

This very thread and the pole were created in response to the performance against Olympiakos, it isn't asking whether he should leave in ten years or in two, and it isn't asking whether he should leave at the end of the season. It's quite apparent it is asking whether he should leave now, so I voted no.

I stated my reasons in the comments, I think he should stay because I think there is probably a clause in his contract where we could force him to leave costing us nothing at the end of the season if his objective performance measurements don't meet the requirements, on the chance such a clause exists I view it futile him leaving now.

What is wrong with voting and then posting my reasons for voting?

Revan

Assumptionman
Would you rather...

Two more years of Moyes and we finish 4th or Moyes is sacked tomorrow and we win the league?

:D
Second option every day for me. I hate you feckers but I love United more than I hate you.
Blimey.

I think he should be sacked a few months into next season if he hasn't made significant progress. He can't do any more harm till then, and it seems he is scouting the right prospects (Kroos, Coentrao), so even if he left us, we would have building blocks for the next great team. If we look the same a few months in I'll ship the gasoline for the bonfire over.

Some of the players have been an utter disgrace, and hopefully they feck off this summer.
What are the chances that we'll sign Kroos? Seriously?

Saying that he can't do more harm than what he has done so far is a bit naive. 'We can't do worse' was another sentence that we heard many times on November/December and since the turn of the year we have 7 defeats in 12 games. I am convinced that the worst hasn't come yet.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
It wasn't knee jerk, there was nothing in Moyes' history to suggest he would succeed at this level. If the evidence points to him being the wrong man then how can it be knee jerk? Knee jerk would be saying he's the right man just because he's the one we picked.
Most of our games in a season are Premier League, he had shown enough to say he can succeed at that level, Champions league is higher however up to tonight the teams done fine in the competition

Empire

Zero chance he does t get at least a year's pay.
Is it not legal to insert a clause for the contract to terminate if he fails to keep his end of the bargain so in this case deliver a top four finish?

I'm not a lawyer so I don't really know.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Knee jerk or clear reasoning which white knights like yourself decided to dismiss? A fine line heh heh.

So are you still confident in Moyes after he has broken another record for United?
Whats the count at this point of the season - 9 i think!

This whole shite that its gonna get worse before it gets better doesnt wash. Why should it be gettin worse ffs? Surely it should be gettin better already, given that the backroom team have been there since July. They're out of their feckin depth & makin us a feckin laughing stock with the ABU's who are all coming out of the closet in massive numbers...

smallred

wow, 88% want him gone...this was about 20-25% a couple of months back.

interesting to see the caf turn on him so quickly. if only we can get this message through to the board and Fergie now.

Tosicsleftpeg

I have to say that im really turning against Moyes now, that was the worst performance for years. No desire whatsoever, no one looked bothered appart from maybe Welbeck when he came on. Valencia, Young and Cleverly were an embarrassment. Ferdinand showed this evening that he truly has lost it at the top level, an abysmal performance from him and everyone else.

Ludens the Red

Second option every day for me. I hate you feckers but I love United more than I hate you.

Saying that he can't do more harm than what he has done so far is a bit naive. 'We can't do worse' was another sentence that we heard many times on November/December and since the turn of the year we have 7 defeats in 12 games. I am convinced that the worst hasn't come yet.
A few crushing home defeats to our fiercest rivals?

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
To set up and play the way we are doing, wasting the attacking players we have is just wrong. Has to go, if he can't use the players at his disposal to their strengths, that's it for me. Scandalous, sickening to see. I have to work with a load of scousers tomoro, I might pull a sickie.

Ruud_boy_10

Signed.

How he can get a minimum of 2 years is beyond me, absolutely shocking season.

Anybody can see it was the wrong appointment, let's fix our mistake before things get even worse.
I was saying give him 2 years assuming we'd still be in the top 4. How stupid I was. You dont inherit a team that wins the league by 11 points and have the season he is having. I'd be very suprised if he was still here in the summer.

Gladiator

That's partly my point though, you can't set up to be cautious when you don't defend well and you can't counter. I mean how many times does one style of football have to cost you before you think twice about it.
as well as changing the good but stickin with the bad. makes little sense

Verminator

Your original post was based entirely on the performance of their former team, so I don't see what Maureen moving leagues and Heynkes not working has to do with anything.
It was a comparison of two teams in the same league, with a common link. The coaching staff.
One team has improved upon the change taking place, the other has dropped 4/5 places. Let's noy forget that Martinez relegated his previous club.
I'm not even going to mention money spent, because the two players haven't really had much time to change things.

Dominos

interesting to see the caf turn on him so quickly. if only we can get this message through to the board and Fergie now.
I think there were many hovering on the fence who voted no, and have finally been pushed over the edge.

I'd happily have seen him sacked in July personally to be replaced by someone who actually deserved the job.

The White Pele

If Liverpool keep pace in the title race and turn us over at Old Trafford things could get ugly for Moyes.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

I don't think he'll spend 100 million on Osman and Jelavic, is what I mean.

The season is done. We were never going to win the CL. We're out of all the cups. What worse could happen? We're as low as we can get as far as this season is done. If there is no improvement a few months into next season, get rid

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Knee jerk or clear reasoning which white knights like yourself decided to dismiss? A fine line heh heh.

So are you still confident in Moyes after he has broken another record for United?
You don't have to take it as dismisal if someone disagrees with you

No, I am not confident that Moyes can turn this around

Revan

Assumptionman
A few crushing home defeats to our fiercest rivals?
I think that we will get humiliated by City and Liverpool at home and between them we will get eleminated from Olympiacos.

But no, that wasn't exactly my point. Our playing style (IMO) will degenerate even further. Unless Moyes basically replaces almost all of our players we won't be playing better.

mattsville

I agree to an extent, I do not belive Moyes is fecking shit, his record at Everton is enough to show that, however its not working at United for whatever reason
That's the thing though, what record at everton? It was an underwhelming appointment but there was some sense of belief that it might be some genius foresight on our part to take him over others, like many decisions SAF made over the years, "won't win anything with Kids" an example, but this is not happening, and it is not happening so bad that it is not going to improve. So we are in this position where the football World to it's lowest gimp can see it is a joke going nowhere versus the club's (whovever the decision makers are) stubbornness to try and prove it right.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't think he'll spend 100 million on Osman and Jelavic, is what I mean.

The season is done. We were never going to win the CL. We're out of all the cups. What worse could happen? We're as low as we can get as far as this season is done. If there is no improvement a few months into next season, get rid
Play even worse, get embarrased by City/Liverpool, all players lose completely the confidence and by the time we decide to sack him next season we might be again out of the race for the fourth place (especially with players who will be completely destroyed). And some money burned on some shit players after we can't get our unrealistic targets. By the time the new manager will come, our team might be completely destroyed.

Basically this is my worst case scenario and unfortunately I don't think that is far from reality if we don't get rid of Moyes on the summer. If we give him time until Christmass (IMO) it would be free money to win if we bet that we won't qualify for UCL yet again.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Moyes only chance of saving something from the season is to beat Liverpool and also put together some decent performances.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
That's the thing though, what record at everton? It was an underwhelming appointment but there was some sense of belief that it might be some genius foresight on our part to take him over others, like many decisions SAF made over the years, "won't win anything with Kids" an example, but this is not happening, and it is not happening so bad that it is not going to improve. So we are in this position where the football World to it's lowest gimp can see it is a joke going nowhere versus the club's (whovever the decision makers are) stubbornness to try and prove it right.
£22 million spent in 10 years leaving a greatly improved squad, a good record with finding players, a club well secure in the top half of the table

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

He's won 3 games (4 counting the tie we lost to Sunderland) since January 1st, while losing 6 and drawing 2. It's not hard to see why the majority of the caf thinks he should go. To manage that with United is an impressive feat.