Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Irish Red

Yeah I find it hard to get excited about next season too, personally. But we probably have one more season of his shoddy tenure to handle.
Liverpool are only one behind us now. Just imagine what it will be like starting a season knowing that they are the favourites for the title while our manager is 'hoping' that we can get fourth. It's a bad joke.

This idea of giving him an extra year is so, so wrong. If anyone still wants him year next year then they are insane.

bobbyf

He is just so boring and uninsightful

"Not everything you read is correct, I've got to say that,"

"We're linked with player after player and every time I go to a game I'm supposed to be signing three or four players from that game.

"That isn't the case but everyone is well aware we are looking to make signings and will try to do that whenever the opportunity arises. It will probably be after the end of the season before anything takes place but we have got to look to do one or two things."

Thanks for that Dave. We never knew.
I can't even listen to the drivel and excuses he comes out with anymore. He is just so unconvincing in everything he says about our club. If the idiots let him continue into next season and we have the same rubbish as this one, some of them should be sacked along with him.

In which case, get your fearing-pants on. I can't see him leaving.
And this is based on what? Traditionally the Glazers get rid of managers in the off season and would you put your house on them giving him another chance to lose all that revenue again? Plus give him huge sums to 'rebuild' when he cannot even get the best out of the current squad? They must have also given him targets as part of his contract, which he surely has not achieved.

And do you think will ignore the players if they don't want to work with him? They would be silly not to at least consider their views and they are not all leaving in the summer. Moyes might talk the talk now about next summer and beyond, but ultimately it isn't his decision if he stays or not.

Empire

I wonder if he realises how annoyed United fans are because it sounds to me like he thinks the vast majority are supporting him and only a small minority don't rate his skills.

It's not like he is a United fan so we can't expect him to understand how it feels going to the pub because of him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
on the plus side, Liverpool made no stand out signings and went from 7th to 1st!
So if that can happen, anything can!

An Irish Red

on the plus side, Liverpool made no stand out signings and went from 7th to 1st!
They brought in Sturridge and Coutinho last season and went on a run near the end. Plus they have a progressive, attacking manager in charge of them and not some cowardly no-hoper.

I never thought I'd see the day they'd have a better manager than us but sure even Everton do these days. I'd rather have Southamptons and all. What a joke of a manager Moyes is.

Winrar

The same people who want to give Moyes until next Christmas, will be the same people who want to give Moyes until the end of next season, then until the Christmas after...

Snap out of it, only place Moyes is going to lead us to is mid table in Nowheresville. Again I got nothing against the guy personally, but we have no place for his cowardly tactics and underdog mentality.

bobbyf

They have a manager with a philosophy who can get the best out of them and play attacking football. They at least try to win games home and away, instead of setting out not to lose.

We have a manager who has taken us from 28 pts ahead of them last season to 20 pts behind them this time around. Anyone still want to give him till next Xmas?

Skywarden

To be honest Liverpool winning the title might very well work in David's favour. Those backing him within the club setup could point to the fact that Rodgers took a team from 7th to champions in the space of just one year. Taken out of context it might strengthen his position in hope of a turnaround in his second season. Plus he seems very confident about his job security and the rebuilding job. At face value I'd say the club still supports him and he will return irrespective of this season's performances.
I disagree and I believe looking at Rodgers at any point in time is inaccurate and misguided. Moyes took the champions down to Europa League position with a squad worth quite a lot more than what Rodgers was working with. The standards at United were, at least up until this season, above those of Liverpool's so the premise was entirely different. If anything, looking at Rodgers would only enhance the perception of "Moyes is not good enough" train of thought.

Moyes should be looked at from our own point of view and his own performances.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liverpool are only one behind us now. Just imagine what it will be like starting a season knowing that they are the favourites for the title while our manager is 'hoping' that we can get fourth. It's a bad joke.

This idea of giving him an extra year is so, so wrong. If anyone still wants him year next year then they are insane.
When he got linked with us I thought it was a bad joke. It just seems like such a daft idea. Sigh, I just want to enjoy watching united again more than anything.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When he got linked with us I thought it was a bad joke. It just seems like such a daft idea. Sigh, I just want to enjoy watching united again more than anything.
I still can't get over it.
Yet enough were saying it was a good idea and recommended him for years.

we all knew how he played, we all knew he'd never won anything, we all f'cking knew that he never won away at big teams.

How that seemingly transferred into him being the only contender is amazing.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I disagree and I believe looking at Rodgers at any point in time is inaccurate and misguided. Moyes took the champions down to Europa League position with a squad worth quite a lot more than what Rodgers was working with. The standards at United were, at least up until this season, above those of Liverpool's so the premise was entirely different. If anything, looking at Rodgers would only enhance the perception of "Moyes is not good enough" train of thought.

Moyes should be looked at from our own point of view and his own performances.
Mate you're 100% right and I feel that way too. But my initial post simply suggested that it might be an argument for his backers in the board. Not saying Rodgers-Moyes is an apt comparison by an stretch mind. But Pool's ascent from 7th place can certainly be misconstrued with the notion that given a bit more time Moyes might get it right, even though its a grossly inappropriate comparison given each team's starting points. Personally I won't shed a tear if David gets the marching orders though it's difficult to gauge the board's reaction to the possibility of Pool winning the title. Guess we'll find out soon. But at the same time his general demeanour doesn't seem like that of a man who has insecurities about his position. I'd wager he has a free reign to chop and change during the summer. It certainly makes me nervous truth be told.

Kaos

Its so sad having to half hope that we will get bad results because the alternative is doing "decent" with Moyes and potentially being stuck with him for a longer period.
I'll be honest, if we narrowly win tomorrow and Moyes starts furiously fistbumping the sky like he's been vindicated, I'll feel livid.

If we do lose though, I hope its embarrassing, we need him forced out this club.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'll be honest, if we narrowly win tomorrow and Moyes starts furiously fistbumping the sky like he's been vindicated, I'll feel livid.

If we do lose though, I hope its embarrassing, we need him forced out this club.
Sorry but why shouldn't he be happy to beat Everton after all the shit he is getting from their players and even their manager? All this criticism is now getting ridiculous. He has made mistakes, but maybe someone should ask our players why they didn't realise that if you get a new manager, things will change and you have to adapt and quickly. You go on about his excuses, well I think we have just witnessed a manager today, who has the run on excuses, yet he is clever according to some, no he is a complete and utter tosser, who cannot accept he has not gone back into Chelsea and swept all before him.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
20-20 is on for the scousers next season if this coprophagous fop is still spearheading our club next season. Disgusting animal.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
David Moyes has single handedly ruined football.
Aye. He is also behind global warming, I've heard. Some idiots seem to think the problem has been caused by multiple so called "factors", but in reality it's him and his defeatist attitude. "We'll try to do better, reduce the emission of defeatist gasses into the atmosphere and so on." Feck off.

Ruined football? He has doomed the whole fecking planet. For ever.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
The criticism Moyes has gotten is far from ridiculous. If anything, hes publically getting too little. Its not like hes on here reading this thread. The media are way too nice with him. Solskjær for instance is getting far more stick.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Aye. He is also behind global warming, I've heard. Some idiots seem to think the problem has been caused by multiple so called "factors", but in reality it's him and his defeatist attitude. "We'll try to do better, reduce the emission of defeatist gasses into the atmosphere and so on." Feck off.

Ruined football? He has doomed the whole fecking planet. For ever.
Nice sarcasm mate, keep it up :))

DomesticTadpole

The criticism Moyes has gotten is far from ridiculous. If anything, hes publically getting too little. Its not like hes on here reading this thread. The media are way too nice with him. Solskjær for instance is getting far more stick.

He's doing an abysmal job that is why, at a smaller club. Christ know what he would have done to us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There is actually none. Apart from Martinez coming out and saying what he did, have we seen anyone else in the media actually plant some blame toward Moyes? It's so infuriating, I'm seething. They're quick to buy into this 'we need £200m worth of amending, this is a poor team' without question yet there's zero criticism toward Moyes for anything that has gone wrong this season.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
And this is based on what? Traditionally the Glazers get rid of managers in the off season and would you put your house on them giving him another chance to lose all that revenue again? Plus give him huge sums to 'rebuild' when he cannot even get the best out of the current squad? They must have also given him targets as part of his contract, which he surely has not achieved.

And do you think will ignore the players if they don't want to work with him? They would be silly not to at least consider their views and they are not all leaving in the summer. Moyes might talk the talk now about next summer and beyond, but ultimately it isn't his decision if he stays or not.
Don't get me wrong - I agree with you. He should get the sack simply from taking us from 1st to losing top 4 within the space of a season.

But, I don't think he'll get the sack. I really do hope the Glazers intervene and do it, but MY GUT tells me he'll be here next season. 6 year contract and such - I think they'll give him another season.

That's based on my gut alone. I hope my gut is wrong.

Ixion

So long it took Fergie to catch up and overtake Liverpool's record and it's going to be undone in a few seasons with this clown here.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
He's doing an abysmal job that is why, at a smaller club. Christ know what he would have done to us.
Laughable. Solskjær's results are far more in line with what is expected based on available players and club stature than what Moyes is doing with us. But Moyes is getting no criticism while Solskjær is all but crucified.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Poor Moyesie.

He gets a sh!Tload of abuse even when we haven't played for ages!

Skills

Snitch
Don't get me wrong - I agree with you. He should get the sack simply from taking us from 1st to losing top 4 within the space of a season.

But, I don't think he'll get the sack. I really do hope the Glazers intervene and do it, but MY GUT tells me he'll be here next season. 6 year contract and such - I think they'll give him another season.

That's based on my gut alone. I hope my gut is wrong.
I genuinely think he'll be here for at least another year and a half. We're only at half time at the moment. Next season will be the bedding in, world cup year phase so he'll probably just get away with just challenging for the top 4. The year after that is when he'll actually be expected to achieve anything.

Blasphemy

Laughable. Solskjær's results are far more in line with what is expected based on available players and club stature than what Moyes is doing with us. But Moyes is getting no criticism while Solskjær is all but crucified.
Nah, Solskjaer is doing a horrendous job. They sacked Mackay for not doing well enough and hired Soskjaer who's done far worse.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I genuinely think he'll be here for at least another year and a half. We're only at half time at the moment. Next season will be the bedding in, world cup year phase so he'll probably just get away with just challenging for the top 4. The year after that is when he'll actually be expected to achieve anything.
No way. 'Challenging'? He'll need to secure top 4, 100%.

Skywarden

Mate you're 100% right and I feel that way too. But my initial post simply suggested that it might be an argument for his backers in the board. Not saying Rodgers-Moyes is an apt comparison by an stretch mind. But Pool's ascent from 7th place can certainly be misconstrued with the notion that given a bit more time Moyes might get it right, even though its a grossly inappropriate comparison given each team's starting points. Personally I won't shed a tear if David gets the marching orders though it's difficult to gauge the board's reaction to the possibility of Pool winning the title. Guess we'll find out soon. But at the same time his general demeanour doesn't seem like that of a man who has insecurities about his position. I'd wager he has a free reign to chop and change during the summer. It certainly makes me nervous truth be told.
His backers on the board would advocate giving him more time regardless of the performances of Rodgers. The misguidance occurs when what Rodgers does overtakes what Moyes' does as an argument and I refuse to believe anyone on the board would share such thoughts.

FWIW it's not a go at you but at the argument itself.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He's a dire, negative, defeatist manager and we need shot of him now before he does lasting damage. The thought of him still being our manager next year depresses me.

If we sacked him at the end of the season it would be the single best moment of our season for me. Easily.
It would be better than some of our title wins for me.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Nah, Solskjaer is doing a horrendous job. They sacked Mackay for not doing well enough and hired Soskjaer who's done far worse.
Yea hes doing a really bad job, but Moyes is still doing far worse. At least Solskjær still has a mathemathical chance to reach the goals he were hired for. Moyes ruined any chance he had of fulfilling even the most pessimistic goals for the season a long time ago.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yea hes doing a really bad job, but Moyes is still doing far worse. At least Solskjær still has a mathemathical chance to reach the goals he were hired for. Moyes ruined any chance he had of fulfilling even the most pessimistic goals for the season a long time ago.
Hey! 4th is still on mathematically, ain't it?

DomesticTadpole

It would be better than some of our title wins for me.
Out of curiosities sake, then what? Who do you think will be manager, not who you want as your fantasy manager, who would we get as manager? If it is no better next season with a new manager are we going to have all this again? I am not saying Moyes is the right one for us, but supposedly grown men are resorting to childish insults. SAF couldn't or wouldn't sign that longed for midfielder/s. If we still don't get any the team could be even worse. I am not sure if some realised, including our manager, what a big job this is. Yes the job was big when SAF took over, but it was a different job then and a different time. The financial and media side of this club is huge. I think any manager taking over would get a terrible shock. Big Sam might need a job at the end of the season, he's a mate of SAF as well. I think Moyes has tried to do too much regarding the training and scouting for players, this is not Everton. He needed to delegate more.

LR7

He'll be here next season making excuses after another poor transfer window. We might as well just accept it now. Fergie would have struggled too don't you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.