Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I despise how everything is 'hopefully' with him. Watching the interview he did with MUTV now and it irritates me no end.

Cal?

CR7 fan
He had a proper grin on his face though. :lol:
He's in the perfect position, make a complete mess of his big shiny new job, gets paid millions for his dreadful work, even throws in some cheap digs at the greatest manager ever, yet still backed by a small section of fans. It's like a ****.

bobbyf

10 reasons why this is a load of bollocks.

1. Januzaj was already on the fringes of our squad before Moyes came along and now he gets credit for picking him?

2. Rooney would have gone if SAF was still manager. And then there's the absolute shitstorm that would have come down by selling him to Chelsea. He had to stay, and the large pay rise probably helped too. How is that down to Moyes? Rooney hasn't exactly kicked on from that either, has he?

3. Mata needed to sign for someone, being surplus to requirements under Mourinho. He thought he was coming to a team that would be at least top 4.

4. Kagawa's a problem? Been mismanaged all season like the rest of our team. Maybe Moyes should play him in his most effective posiition instead of leaving him out entirely. How is he finding his feet at Utd now? A few meaningless end of season games are pretty much irrelevant.

5. Not exactly a major coup, Anderson has been an overpriced, underperforming squad player for years and should have been sold long ago. And where's his replacement?

6. Welbeck has been played out of position in the past but still he isn't consistent enough. He's got the potential but has to show it a lot more to get ahead of RVP and Rooney. Whether he can is another thing.

7. Moyes has known for a while Rio and Vidic are getting on a bit? Newsflash, Dave, so have we all. So why not buy a new CB last summer? Smalling and Jones haven't exactly excelled as a partnetship either. Against WBA is one thing, but consistently playing well over a season is another. Injuries haven't helped but still, changing the CBs almost every game is the worst thing to do.

8. He knows our problems and his answer is Fellaini? Who thought he would be this bad? You'd think that the person who worked with him for the past few seasons and signed him for our club would know him and at least get something out of him, even if he couldn't do that with our players. But no. It's all well and good identifying players to sign but who failed to get those signings? And funny we are the only club with older players who are all 'over the hill'.

9. Excuses and more excuses. Don't take over this particular job and make them. Like for unacceptable performances and poor home defeats. If he didn't know the magnitude of the task he was taking on he's not the right man, is he? Great, he shoulders the blame cos that's his job and his responsibility. And blame it all on the players and not the clueless manager, Nick Atkin. How does this clown know the players wouldn't respond better to Mourinho?

10. So happy for Everton now that Moyes has taken them above us, last year's champions. Someone should remind him he's not working for them anymore. Just because he overachieved there, doesn't mean he will do it at a much bigger club with players who have won much more than he ever has. And this season proves he definitely cannot.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What's he trying now? :mad:
We're going to hopefully try and keep up our away record. No lie. He said hopefully try in the same breath. The guy is a parody of himself.

Getsme

Sky showed him getting off the bus just now and he was booed quite heavily by Everton fans.

Tad harsh.
Agreed, he done a fantastic job for them, he took them from the jaws of relegation and turned them into a half decent team. Going by the reception he received from the traveling Everton fans at Old Trafford, I think hes going to be for an uncomfortable evening.
Why have they turned against him anyway? Is it anything to do with the Fellaini transfer or/and the pursuit of Baines? Or had the grown sick of him during his last few seasons there?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did do a lot for Everton but at the same time he kept them stagnant for a couple seasons. There are reasons for them to be angry but I do agree the boos are a bit eh.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His comments of Baines/Fellaini were not that great but Everton fans are bunch of classless twats for booing him.

Bojan11

Everton fans booing him for doing a good job.

Whilst some of our fans cheer him for leading us into mediocrity.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think a lot of Everton fans lost respect for him in his signing of Fellaini and pursuit of Baines because it was exactly the sort of thing he seemed to complain about when he was there. Now he's left, he's supposedly been doing exactly the sort of thing he moaned about, making him look like a bit of a hypocrite.

Not that it's right for them to boo him, but I can see why they've perhaps lost some respect for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:

Only because it suits your narrative.

I remember a similar reaction to the 'Decline of Barcelona' thread, the 'Wigan/Martinez' thread etc. last season. Posters here can ridicule and abuse others without censure here if they don't agree on their rhetoric. This has been rampant in practically every Moyes thread this season, too.

Patronising and condescending remarks ("terrible post", "haven't a clue" etc.) are the norm here for having the audacity to support and believe in our manager.

Crazy, eh?
Oh I didn't say that because you believed in Moyes at all. Far from.

NK86

I think a lot of Everton fans lost respect for him in his signing of Fellaini and pursuit of Baines because it was exactly the sort of thing he seemed to complain about when he was there. Now he's left, he's supposedly been doing exactly the sort of thing he moaned about, making him look like a bit of a hypocrite.

Not that it's right for them to boo him, but I can see why they've perhaps lost some respect for him.
Ironically, a lot of United fans lost respect for him for going after the same duo :p

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ironically, a lot of United fans lost respect for him for going after the same duo :p
True.:lol:

I looked it up there and he was very critical of City a few years back when they pursued Lescott. That's probably got a lot to do with it, since he's being a bit hypocritical in then pursuing his old sides players.

NK86

I looked it up there and he was very critical of City a few years back when they pursued Lescott. That's probably got a lot to do with it, since he's being a bit hypocritical in then pursuing his old sides players.
He properly gave a rant when City bought Lescott. At least he got a good price off them while he was trying to be a cheapskate when we approached for Fellaini and Baines.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He properly gave a rant when City bought Lescott. At least he got a good price off them while he was trying to be a cheapskate when we approached for Fellaini and Baines.
Yeah, it doesn't mean that he should be booed by them, but you can at least understand why they're not welcoming him with open arms.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

It's the old verbal diarrhoea again. Martinez does it to Wigan and nothing is said. Moyes does it and he has to keep making comments about his old club.

OneUnited24

It's depressing how short of ideas we look up front. A top four consisting of Rooney, kagawa, mata and nani

Ixion

This is basically a victory for Moyes right now, it's his Everton side beating Sir Alex's OAPs.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
We started playing some nice stuff but we couldn't actually do anything with it. By contrast, Everton looked average at times compared to how they've played this season but took their chances. He needs to make a change to this at half-time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Another pathetic performance. Creating absolutely nothing, constantly sideways passing. Look so poor defensively too, Everton should have more goals. The tactics are, unsurprisingly, not working.

I asked this in the match thread, but other than the 1 win against Arsenal, have we lead against any of the games against the top-6?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Another pathetic performance. Creating absolutely nothing, constantly sideways passing. Look so poor defensively too, Everton should have more goals. The tactics are, unsurprisingly, not working.

I asked this in the match thread, but other than the 1 win against Arsenal, have we lead against any of the games against the top-6?
Good question actually. I know we haven't won any of them bar Arsenal, but come to think of it I don't think we've led any either. Terrible.:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dominated possession but no end product.
We've done it numerous times this season.

We never create any space in the oppositions half because we are terrified of inviting them into our own half.

Woodzy

This will be it. This has to be it.

Also we are still yet to start the same first 11 twice this season. He has no plan. No consistency. No ideas. He's just useless.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Moyesie can set the team up well, but when you have a centre back who for some reason is sitting on the floor and chooses to handle it, what can you do?

Cina

Martinez tactically outclassed him in that first half. Here was me thinking Moyes was supposed to be one of the best tactical coaches around, going by what some have said on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.