Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
is it just me, or does anyone feel zero confidence we'll score in the last few minutes anymore when it gets desperate?

That was an outrageous waste of 2 points today, and Arsenal are getting further away.

LonelyFire

Moyes in a nutshell. When would SAF have ever taken off a striker for a defender against Southampton at home at 1-0.

fecking joke

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
8 points off the top and bar the opening day every win we've had has been unconvincing. We don't look to have a hope in hell of retaining the title. So long as we finish in the top 4 Moyes will be fine.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
You'd say that this team should have beaten Southampton - but Southampton are higher than us and have the best defensive record in the league, so after being beaten at home by WBA, it was never a foregone conclusion.

However....I am really disappointed that Moyes seems to be refusing to play Hernandez, who I rate higher than Welbeck, and who has a far better strike record.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I don't get the changes. Nani was playing well and Giggs hasn't been great this season. I can understand bringing Welbeck on for his workrate but it meant putting Giggs in midfield which hasn't worked in years. And then bringing Smalling on was such weak move. He should be trying to get control of the game and calm it down, not throwing on more defenders. He really has to get out of that mindset.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Negative subs. Needs to remind himself this isn't Everton.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Fellaini was shit, but he was a presence in front of the defenders, when he went off we looked far less secure too.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
is it just me, or does anyone feel zero confidence we'll score in the last few minutes anymore when it gets desperate?

That was an outrageous waste of 2 points today, and Arsenal are getting further away.
Our players show no confidence at times, some showed sloppy touches and slow decision making. No shot on target in 20 minutes leading upto southamptons goal. Subs made the game more flat.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Major troubles ahead now. Top 4 is starting to look a long way off.

Southampton are simply the better team at the moment and got the least they deserved today. This should not be the case.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
There is no chance we will finish in the top 4. The guy is completely lost.

All this give him time could financially ruin our club.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I want him gone. Fair enough if you call me petty, a bad fan, knee jerk or worse but after today I have no faith in the guy whatsoever.

Cowardly shite.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don't get the changes. Nani was playing well and Giggs hasn't been great this season. I can understand bringing Welbeck on for his workrate but it meant putting Giggs in midfield which hasn't worked in years. And then bringing Smalling on was such weak move. He should be trying to get control of the game and calm it down, not throwing on more defenders. He really has to get out of that mindset.
Exactly this.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Are you lot blind as well as stupid? Mourinhos tactics arent the issue its him not sticking around more than a few seasons at a club thats the issue
Yawn. Plenty of posters claimed his tactics and arrogance as reasons to avoid. Plenty also felt United was the job he coveted and would hang around a while.

Bestie07

You do not bring on Ryan Giggs when you are trying to hold on to a lead. Simple thing. Only use Giggs has currently is when we are chasing a game late on, he provides good final ball into the box. Moyes did the same thing in Ukraine and it didn't work there.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Giggs absolutely ruined the game and any kind of attacking play for me. Nani might not have got every ball or shot right, but he opened things up and moved the ball well.

One of the most baffling subs in the Moyes era. He really needs to get these subs right because they've been handicapping us for weeks. The inclusion of Evans was the only positive today. He was outstanding for 87 minutes.

Man-United

I want him gone. Fair enough if you call me petty, a bad fan, knee jerk or worse but after today I have no faith in the guy whatsoever.

Cowardly shite.
I don't think anyone could blame you. It really was pathetic decisions from Moyes today. It was shocking to see a United manager do that.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Seriously, he's basically taken the worst part of his Everton's squad and complemented it with the worst part of our team. It's a shambles so far and his constant pandering to Rooney won't help when Rooney gets injured/gets uninterested.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Really poor subs and another bad result. I'll still give him plenty of time but this has been a terrible start whatever way you look at it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I remember how half the Caf claimed Mourinho would play shit tactics and wanted no part.

To be fair, the majority of the Caf didn't want Moyes either for similar reasons. He's done nothing to show he deserved the job so far, which the Caf also generally thought. Watching this squad play with a small-time mentality of defending a 1-0 lead at home to Southampton is depressing. Playing with Fellaini might as well mean playing with 10 men. If he's not invisible, he's giving the ball away. I'm not sure what we expected after the hire, but Moyes is proving to be what most thought he was before we hired him. Not good enough.

Ash_G

I thought we got the subs wrong today. RVP and Rooney had some good moments but both were getting caught on the ball and we were clearly needing some extra protection deeper. Personally think one of them should have gone off earlier. We had enough talent on the pitch to still find them with the balls over the top/through balls.

In general though Southampton played well but there's still no reason why we look so open, teams seem to get in between our defence and midfield a lot.

kiddaa

What did SAF see in moyes. Absolute shit substitution. Giggs should have retired. I hope we finish in the bottom half of the table and Moyes get sacked. Kagawa should have come on instead of Giggs

Bojan11

Want him gone before he ruins us. This could be Souness again.

I would give him more time, if he had actually won something. Also his style of football is dogshit and his only signing is awful.

acnumber9

Just not learning from mistakes so far. My biggest worry with Moyes was his negativity and it's panning out that way at Utd and costing us points.

Status
Not open for further replies.