g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Moyes So Far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
This is what happens when you are totally one dimensional. Every other team has the blueprint to deal with you.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
First of in response to the first post, who would have taught we would be down a goal to Fulham for 55 min as of now :lol:. Secondly, Moyes is really tactically inept with the quality playere he has at his disposal. If he is sacked by the end of this season, I honestly would not be arsed. If he stays, I will wish him the best of luck and hope for improvement in the future.

Shark

@NotShark
I honestly believe that if we had Ronaldo and Messi in the team today we would still be 0-1 down and put in 46 crosses in 45 minutes.
That's the reality. It doesn't matter how many world class players Moyes manages to sign this summer, if he doesn't have the slightest clue how to use or motivate them.

Triple.Threat

With our hoof it into the box game plan, why didn't Moyes go after R. Delap?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I've just seen that you don't have another game at home for a month. How does that happen?

You'd better win today.

NM

By the looks of it i think he and Sir Bobby are the only "footballing" people on the board
and footballing people aren't the only ones taking decisions these days mate.

I back Moyes, but would not be surprised or upset if he was asked to leave.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I do not expect Sir Alex foresaw our current standing when he stated that "we should stand by our manager." I would not mind Europa League football for one season, but question should be ask towards whether Moyes philosophy is the right way forward for United. Is a future of consistent crosses and no intricasy the right one? Our football was not much better under Sir Alex Ferguson, but with the players we have in Kagawa, Van Persie, Welbeck, Mata, Januzaj, etc., our football should be much better.

Nevertheless, it took Brendon Rodgers awhile to shape Liverpool towards his image and I expect no difference with Moyes. He has shown glimpse of a Mourinho esque(conservative gameplan) tenet that emphasis high work ethic against tougher opposition. So despite our football not being attractive, in the future it can be as effective as Mourinho with Chelsea.
I do not trust this man to oversee a rebuild, buy his own players or oversee the transition of this club. Having said that, if we had at least qualified for the CL, he would have at least earned the right to be given a full transfer window and some cash to do as he sees fit. As things stand, he has underperformed to such a degree across every factor that there is that he should be sacked.

He doesn't belong in the same sentence as Mourinho for pragmatic but tactical football. Mourinho's football may well be defensive and stifling in nature, but he always has a plan, always detects nuance and weakness in the opposition to exploit and has shown on numerous occasion, the ability to switch things mid-game and not only change personnel but tactics and formations as well. Moyes doesn't do any of this, never has, his has always been a nick anything you can but make sure you don't get beat, game. Not fitting for a club with serious ambitions of winning everything they can from the opening game of the season.

Whatever I have thought about Moyes, I was always game to be won over or proven wrong, but all he has done is exceeded my expectations and prove himself to be far worse than I ever dreamed he was.

This man should not be allowed to butcher us any further than he already has.

OneUnited24

and footballing people aren't the only ones taking decisions these days mate.

I back Moyes, but would not be surprised or upset if he was asked to leave.
But Uniteds different... Eager to remain the only club to do things like they did in the 90's

Spider

Bringer of old news
football has changed over time - you can't afford to give a clueless manager so much time while he's dropping points and losing control of the team.. he needs to go NOW..!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Can someone explain me the reasoning for Valencia coming on? Haven't we crossed enough for an entire season's worth of football.

acnumber9

Can someone explain me the reasoning for Valencia coming on? Haven't we crossed enough for an entire season's worth of football.
He came on for a defender. One who did feck all with all the space he was getting. Plus it gives people something else to moan about.

Phil

He can go regardless of whether he manages to turn this round.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
There should be a player mutiny and if we had a strong captain, I think there'd be one.

I don't mean mutiny as in not playing, rather, a mutiny in ignoring Moyes' 'tactic' and the players trying to play the football they know.

It's demeaning to ask players of this calibre to play in such a mindless and unskilled way. We are not a squad of mid-table cloggers - even Stoke, fecking Stoke, don't play like this.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He came on for a defender. One who did feck all with all the space he was getting. Plus it gives people something else to moan about.
Right. We take off one poor crosser to bring on an even worse crosser. Makes sense.

Kagawa should have come on with Januzaj playing on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.