Television Mr. Robot | s02_spoilers

• Thread starter Deleted member 78215
  • Start date

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My thoughts exactly, it's too obvious and too early in the season....

Sylar

It wouldnt be too much of a problem though if its revealed within next few episodes (rather than the end like a movie would) and it has room to build on how he deals with it (especially if he knows himself and it eats him up when hes not on morphine)

Didn't Shayla interact with that girl from Fsociety?
Right. Forgot about that haha

Deleted member 78215

Unless the rest of Fsociety accept that he has multiple personalities disorder, I don't see how Slater can be all in his head.

Sylar

Hes been the leader all along (not Mr Robot) and they know hes on drugs / has multiple personalities as you said. It wouldnt be too out there tbh.

Unless they do something like have that guy whos going for the CTO speak to Mr Robot in a future episode lol

DouLou

Been caught pooping
It's been fantastic so far. It seems like having Mr Robot be a split personality of Elliot is a bit too obvious, but I'd be ok with it really. The way the show is playing it is like it's leaving it open to keep us guessing but without necessarily playing it off as some "big reveal", just something that was kinda obvious that we all knew would happen.

Just because Flight Club basically popularized the whole "split personality" ending it doesn't mean that no other show is ever allowed to go down the route. I'm not the biggest fan of twists done for the sake of being a twist, the writing/story telling is what matters. They've set it up from the start that he might not be real so as long as the standard of the show doesn't drop then I'm not really arsed if it was "too obvious" because well... they're intending it to be that way.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Thought that was a brilliant episode.

It was interesting that when Elliot was on his drug-delusion dream journey, Angela said 'You're not Elliot. You're...' I wonder if this will make him realise Mr Robot is not real, and it is him doing everything.

Alternatively, maybe that line actually meant that 'Elliot' (the normal office worker) is the fake whilst the Mr Robot persona is the reality, and, his 'monster', which was referenced throughout his dream journey, is actually Elliot (office worker) not Mr Robot. If that's the case, I don't think it would make too much difference to the overall story. However, it's an interesting idea to pursue.

I'm probably wrong on this.

sport2793

I liked the first couple of episodes a lot, I thought the most recent one was terrible.
Ya, I think episodes that are more focused on character development than plot movement are usually worse. I can usually accept 1-2 episodes like these in every season but it gets to be too much if there are more.

Ekeke

I just didnt find the "dream" interesting, was just waiting for it to finish. And then theres a bunch of kissing for no reason and a bunch of drugs. I think that sums it up?

Sylar

That was one fecked up episode :lol: I laughed when he talked to his fish.

I didnt mind the episode in terms of character development. I expect next episode will be more towards plot though and Steel Mountain.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought it was a solid episode...
I have sneaky suspicion that they are going to make us think that Mr Robot isn't real for most of the season, and then bang, they are going to show that he is real... that's why I jumped on the fact that the guy spoke to him before the drug den. But then I clocked that he was in a 'dream'...

I mean they are still toying with it, they have the guy at the end say something like he's addressing MR, but then you check again (rewind) and realise someone else was in the room... I'm guessing pretty much everyone thinks that MR doesn't exist so why do they still need to keep it ambiguous?

Sylar

Ok, theres no way Mr Robot isnt real :lol: haha. But saying that, the way its done, im still not sure. Which is probably a good thing as it seems to change every week (or a few times during an episode).

But that was a really intense episode. My fav episode so far.

ha_rooney

"What happened?"
"Obamacare" :lol:

Brilliant episode. That Tyrell is a great character.

Ok, theres no way Mr Robot isnt real :lol: haha. But saying that, the way its done, im still not sure. Which is probably a good thing as it seems to change every week (or a few times during an episode).

But that was a really intense episode. My fav episode so far.
I think he's still the same as Elliot. Have they both spoken to other characters in the same scene? Unless I'm mistaken, it's only 1 person talking at a given point. But this week has certainly confused me as to whether he exists or not.

Cina

This show is fantastic.

I love the soundtrack too, it's really cool.

Sylar

Im starting to like some of the other characters but would like to see some more character for the rest of the team (or basically their motivation). Other than that, enjoying this and looking forward to see where it goes.

Burndogg

Magic Meat
It's been fantastic so far. It seems like having Mr Robot be a split personality of Elliot is a bit too obvious, but I'd be ok with it really. The way the show is playing it is like it's leaving it open to keep us guessing but without necessarily playing it off as some "big reveal", just something that was kinda obvious that we all knew would happen.

Just because Flight Club basically popularized the whole "split personality" ending it doesn't mean that no other show is ever allowed to go down the route. I'm not the biggest fan of twists done for the sake of being a twist, the writing/story telling is what matters. They've set it up from the start that he might not be real so as long as the standard of the show doesn't drop then I'm not really arsed if it was "too obvious" because well... they're intending it to be that way.
Aye, but they are also going for the "Delete all credit card debt" angle too, as Fight Club did. You can't steal two ideas, that's just gay, says so in the Bible.

diarm

Good to see some vulnerability in Tyrell as well. That's going to make him dangerous and there's a lot of Frank and Claire Underwood in those two.

ha_rooney

Brilliant episode.

Loved how both Tyrell & Elliot were thinking they're in control of their respective situations only to have it turned against them. Vera's a fecking psycho.

Cina

One thing I find pointless is the amount of f-bombs thrown in, considering they just censor them all and it distracts me then. I guess they'll be uncensored for the DVD/BR but still, bit weird.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Good show. From the start I felt it had sort of a Fight Club feel to it, and it's pretty apparent Mr Robot isn't actually real. Some scenes have made me unsure about this, like when some people seem to be responding to him, but it can be explained by either people not actually responding, or Elliot imagining Mr Robot saying things he actually says. There are just too many scenes where people completely ignore Mr Robot for it just to be misdirection. Actually, at this point I think it being misdirection would be worse writing than making it too obvious, as it would just feel arbitrary ("ha ha I was just joking").

I agree with @Cina about the censoring being somewhat off putting. I don't really know a lot about this network, but from what I can hear they're sort of "squeaky clean". Perhaps we should take it as a good sign that they aren't compromising the writing itself by censoring the script. I think it honestly might bother me more if they just had the hardcore gangbanger say "heck" instead of "feck". And for a "family friendly" network it's pretty ballsy to have a show where some guy beats up a bum, has gay sex and then ties up his pregnant wife for a fun bit of bondage.

Cina

Good show. From the start I felt it had sort of a Fight Club feel to it, and it's pretty apparent Mr Robot isn't actually real. Some scenes have made me unsure about this, like when some people seem to be responding to him, but it can be explained by either people not actually responding, or Elliot imagining Mr Robot saying things he actually says. There are just too many scenes where people completely ignore Mr Robot for it just to be misdirection. Actually, at this point I think it being misdirection would be worse writing than making it too obvious, as it would just feel arbitrary ("ha ha I was just joking").

I agree with @Cina about the censoring being somewhat off putting. I don't really know a lot about this network, but from what I can hear they're sort of "squeaky clean". Perhaps we should take it as a good sign that they aren't compromising the writing itself by censoring the script. I think it honestly might bother me more if they just had the hardcore gangbanger say "heck" instead of "feck". And for a "family friendly" network it's pretty ballsy to have a show where some guy beats up a bum, has gay sex and then ties up his pregnant wife for a fun bit of bondage.
It's not that they're squeaky clean, it's that they, like Fox, NBC etc. are a public American network and as such have to cater to advertisers. Generally the rule on public networks is violence is fine, but no cursing, drugs or titties (Hannibal being a prime example, TV-14 my arse). If anything it's a quite ballsy show in that regard.

I do find it hilarious that TV shows over there can show heads being blown off but they have to censor f-bombs and pairs of tits. 'Merica innit.

Sylar

What a feckin intense episode. Maybe even the best one yet. Tyrells scenes were good, but Elliot and Vera was just immense. So grim that he ends up releasing the guy who killed Shayla some time ago.