Munich Remembered - 6th February 1958

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
They did really well with it I thought, Tennant* in particular gives a great performance. The whole thing is just so sad and the part before take off is just excruciating, but I think it's important for us to have such an evocative aid to help us remember them.
Agree, Tennant is excellent. What a man Jimmy Murphy was and how lucky were United to have him.
Bobby Charlton was nothing short of heroic. Imagine the trauma he went through.
Same goes for Harry Gregg & Bill Foulkes.
Rest in Peace Babes, we won't see your likes again.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Amidst the anger, frustration and at times pure nastiness wrote about the club on the Caf at the moment today should make you realise what our great club is all about. The resilience, desire, grit and pure determination post Munich showed how powerful our club and fanbase can be. From nothing to the first English club to lift the European Cup within ten years. Astonishing. The club may be struggling at the moment but those who doubt we'll be back at the top table are just kidding themselves when you put what we've achieved, despite tragedy, through the years. I love this club.

Rest easy lads.
Hear, hear mate. I love this club too.

edcunited1878

If you ever find yourself in Munich and have the time to visit the site (Manchesterplatz), highly recommend. Plan your day accordingly because you'll want some quiet time to yourself after you visit.

One of the most emotional and core shaking experiences ever. What you feel there is indescribable and "We'll Never Die" is something you completely understand at that moment.

Hughie77

This really does put the Wolves game into perspective.
Yes it does. Never forgotten those lads, and UTD we never die. My father who's gone now over 30yrs, when I started following UTD, told me first all about the Busby babes, and he was not a football fan, they were the greatest, and how great they could have been was taken away from them. Rip lads

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Tommy Taylor's goal rate blows my mind every time I look at it. 112 goals in 166 United matches in those days? 16 in 19 for England? He should get a lot more attention that he does.

Jibbs

Tommy Taylor's goal rate blows my mind every time I look at it. 112 goals in 166 United matches in those days? 16 in 19 for England? He should get a lot more attention that he does.
My thoughts exactly.

RedDevilRoshi

The flowers of English football, the flowers of Manchester

Always remembered

R.I.P.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Incredible to think his fee was 30k but Busby didn't want him to have to deal with the pressure of being the first 30k player so the announced fee was 29995 with the last fiver being paid over separately.
What a player. What a player Duncan would have turned into, not to mention Liam Whelan!
Duncan would probably have lifted the World Cup in 66 not Bobby Moore.
We would probably be on 6 or 7 European Cups and 25 leagues too.

Tel074

If you ever find yourself in Munich and have the time to visit the site (Manchesterplatz), highly recommend. Plan your day accordingly because you'll want some quiet time to yourself after you visit.

One of the most emotional and core shaking experiences ever. What you feel there is indescribable and "We'll Never Die" is something you completely understand at that moment.

Totally agree. I took my son there last year for the first time. He's 10 and been a season ticket holder since he's been 5 . Im Irish but my dad's from Manchester my son is Irish but his grandad and me have brought him up on the babes and our history.
He held my hand that day and said daddy I love United so much I actually cried because it was my father who helped me fall in love with United

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
No minutes silence or applause for those lost at Saturday's game?

diarm

The banner at the top is a lovely touch lads.

Rip.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Never forgotten...

Okey

Eternal flowers. Rest in peace. May the boys do you proud tonight.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

redmanx

The wonderful players who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy will never be forgotten, but spare a thought too for Jackie Blanchflower and Johnny Berry who survived but were so terribly injured they never played the game they loved so much again. RIP all the Flowers of Manchester.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Totally agree. I took my son there last year for the first time. He's 10 and been a season ticket holder since he's been 5 . Im Irish but my dad's from Manchester my son is Irish but his grandad and me have brought him up on the babes and our history.
He held my hand that day and said daddy I love United so much I actually cried because it was my father who helped me fall in love with United
Great story, shows Munich is a thread that runs through us all.

dave1956

All those years ago as a child I watched on my dad's shoulders standing in the Stretford End as you graced Old Trafford, and start my following of this great club.
R.I.P., players and staff, as long as we speak your names and remember you will never die.