MUTV live app launched in selected countries

DanBorja

Mexico's iOS:

-Monthly subscription packages are available with prices ranging from $1.00 - $7.99 (USD)

Verbalkint

The equivalent of 2 USD a month in India :D

Man this is going to be so good.Upgrading my crappy phone now.

prateik

Is there a web interface? I dont think I'll be watching too much on my phone.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This is a very good idea from the club in my opinion.

It's about £6 for mutv in the uk and surely the whole 6 quid doesn't go to the club were as this way the whole 5-6 pound or whatever the app costs will go to the club.

With our fan base across the globe they will have a nice steady monthly income on top of all the noodle partners and so on.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This is a very good idea from the club in my opinion.

It's about £6 for mutv in the uk and surely the whole 6 quid doesn't go to the club were as this way the whole 5-6 pound or whatever the app costs will go to the club.

With our fan base across the globe they will have a nice steady monthly income on top of all the noodle partners and so on.
Absolutely, long overdue. Considering all the sponsorship deals we've got, the club has really been slacking when it comes to the digi markets. Was it around last two years they finally put up a (crappy, half) mobile version for the website?

peridigm

I signed up on my iPhone. I haven't created an account yet. Does anyone know if you create an account does it let you login on other devices such as Android? So far it appears billing is handled through iTunes. I'm going to download the Android APK and install it on my Fire TV box later to test. Will report back on the results.

M4YON

Alternatively you can just download either Mobdro or UKTVnow for Android and watch MUTV along with any other channel you want.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Shocking that it's not available in Hong Kong, normally quite good with these sort of things...

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Woohoo, installed the app. ₹130 per month is worth it.

vk20legend

How many would actually take up a paid app out of the 100s of millions of fans worldwide? Obviously the number must be encouraging for the club to pursue another revenue stream for the club. Even if a million take up the service at an average cost of 2$ a month, that is close to 25M for a year in extra revenue. Hopefully for more signings and improvement of the club. The marketing department and Woody deserves a lot of credit in trying to maximize our revenue.

mav_9me

Is it possible to get the android apk for the app? Play store says incompatible with my phone, xiaomi mi mix. Its a free app. So finding the apk shouldn't be a problem right?

M4YON

Is it possible to get the android apk for the app? Play store says incompatible with my phone, xiaomi mi mix. Its a free app. So finding the apk shouldn't be a problem right?
I've tried to find an APK being in the UK but had no luck on non sketchy websites so far. Just have to make sure its compatible with your phones software they usually have a mix max requirement.

NYAS

Just got an e-mail from the club about this.

It absolutely sucks that even while using a VPN they can still detect my true location and thus block my access.

'Sorry, MUTV is not available in your country. Stay tuned.'

peridigm

Alright. I got this working on my PC. I have an iPhone, Android tablet, Fire TV, and use Plex for my media player.
5k Player installed on a PC get's you Airplay to the PC. It sucks. Locks up, closes, iPhone goes to sleep and the video stops. Airplay sucks. Period.
I installed a few Airplay apps on my FireTV. For some reason, the iPhone will not see them and didn't play at all. Maybe due to the iOS version. duh no. Old iPad worked but played audio only. Feck Airplay. I hate it.
Found the APK and installed that on my FireTV. Got excited, thought it was going to work. App opens. See crest logo, app crashes. Feck you too FireTV. You can kiss my iPhones ass.
Installed Bluestacks emulator on my PC. Installed APK. Watching MUTV on PC.:devil:
Blustacks quality is not as good as Airplay quality on PC but it's smooth. One thing I noticed is that I had to login on Android app. So create your MUTV account and login with that. iPhone let me trial. It also won't let you watch video on multiple devices so no sharing accounts with yo mate.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Just got an e-mail from the club about this.

It absolutely sucks that even while using a VPN they can still detect my true location and thus block my access.

'Sorry, MUTV is not available in your country. Stay tuned.'
Are you on Android? If yes, you might be missing one little step.

mav_9me

Alright. I got this working on my PC. I have an iPhone, Android tablet, Fire TV, and use Plex for my media player.
5k Player installed on a PC get's you Airplay to the PC. It sucks. Locks up, closes, iPhone goes to sleep and the video stops. Airplay sucks. Period.
I installed a few Airplay apps on my FireTV. For some reason, the iPhone will not see them and didn't play at all. Maybe due to the iOS version. duh no. Old iPad worked but played audio only. Feck Airplay. I hate it.
Found the APK and installed that on my FireTV. Got excited, thought it was going to work. App opens. See crest logo, app crashes. Feck you too FireTV. You can kiss my iPhones ass.
Installed Bluestacks emulator on my PC. Installed APK. Watching MUTV on PC.:devil:
Blustacks quality is not as good as Airplay quality on PC but it's smooth. One thing I noticed is that I had to login on Android app. So create your MUTV account and login with that. iPhone let me trial. It also won't let you watch video on multiple devices so no sharing accounts with yo mate.
Do you mind telling me where to get the apk? Thanks

Edit: never mind. I found it. Thanks anyway

Last edited:

Giggs86

So if I can't watch live matches on that, what exactly am I paying five bucks for? What's the value of having that app? The only thing I ever watched on MUTV was the annual Christmas trivia games with Fergie's team vs. the players. Was pretty good.

Cantona_Forever

I got so excited for this (haven't had access to MUTV for about 12 years), downloaded it (my account is on the US App Store), and used an American VPN and even a Finland VPN and still got the message "Sorry, MUTV is not available in your country. Stay tuned". I'm based in Kuwait at the moment. :(

Any ideas on what I could do? It's the first time this kind of thing happens even after I use a VPN. To them, my connection is coming from the US or Finland, both countries in which apparently this app works. So why is it still not broadcasting for me?
That's strange. I can watch it in Thailand no problem. I'm using US App Store.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
So if I can't watch live matches on that, what exactly am I paying five bucks for? What's the value of having that app? The only thing I ever watched on MUTV was the annual Christmas trivia games with Fergie's team vs. the players. Was pretty good.
Well, if they were able to show live matches, it wouldn't have been 5 bucks. In your case then, the app is of not much use. Many people like to watch reserves/u18 games, some of us have non-existent life so we try to watch press conference live and then there are highlights packages for those who miss game due to timezone difference. There are some good programs otherwise. To those who are into all of it, 5 bucks a month is worth it.

NYAS

That's strange. I can watch it in Thailand no problem. I'm using US App Store.
Maybe Thailand is on the list of countries it's supposed to work in?

Does anyone have an official, final list of countries the app is unblocked in? I ask because they only announced this whole thing yesterday and I haven't seen such a list.

ravi2

Downloaded the app and it is really cool but I cannot justify paying $9 a month for it here in Canada. That is the cost of Netflix
I already pay $40 a month on top of my cable bill to see the EPL and La Liga

Cantona_Forever

Maybe Thailand is on the list of countries it's supposed to work in?

Does anyone have an official, final list of countries the app is unblocked in? I ask because they only announced this whole thing yesterday and I haven't seen such a list.
What can't you watch? Live program? Or everything?

I only tried live programming and it works.

NYAS

What can't you watch? Live program? Or everything?

I only tried live programming and it works.
I can't even properly open the app. I click on the app icon, it opens to the MUTV logo against a black background and then I get the message "Sorry, MUTV is not available in your country. Stay tuned."

I'm using a VPN with a connection based in countries where the app works so I'm not sure how they can still detect that I'm not actually in those countries.

Jonno

Great for me, an English guy in Australia struggling to get any real fix of live PL analysis and highlights etc. A steal for that price really. Sticking it on my iPad

BaguetteBoy

This would be great for preseason games and under 17 etc while at work. Unfortunately here (UK) they will not provide the service due MUTV subscribers. We should get an app or maybe have it work on sky go

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Well, if they were able to show live matches, it wouldn't have been 5 bucks. In your case then, the app is of not much use. Many people like to watch reserves/u18 games, some of us have non-existent life so we try to watch press conference live and then there are highlights packages for those who miss game due to timezone difference. There are some good programs otherwise. To those who are into all of it, 5 bucks a month is worth it.

I think thats time well spent! LVG and JM are well worth watching in the pressers.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I can't even properly open the app. I click on the app icon, it opens to the MUTV logo against a black background and then I get the message "Sorry, MUTV is not available in your country. Stay tuned."

I'm using a VPN with a connection based in countries where the app works so I'm not sure how they can still detect that I'm not actually in those countries.
I suspect its Google Play that detects it.