g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

MUTV live app launched in selected countries

Golden Nugget

Shocking that it's not available in Hong Kong, normally quite good with these sort of things...
It is, for the iOS anyway - $58 Hkd a month - which is a bit much considering Netflix costs me $78 for 2 people. I was considering it until I found out that is doesn't show live games - so I personally won't be getting it.

Red_toad

So how does watching the channel work,?
Can you pick or is it whatever the have when they air it?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So how does watching the channel work,?
Can you pick or is it whatever the have when they air it?
You can watch live feed but there's also "On demand" function where you can watch the most recent programs. Free as well.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It is, for the iOS anyway - $58 Hkd a month - which is a bit much considering Netflix costs me $78 for 2 people. I was considering it until I found out that is doesn't show live games - so I personally won't be getting it.
Yea, just downloaded it. :)

Probably won't pay.

top1whoisman

Scout
Anyone able to articulate what the app actually does pls?
You can watch MUTV live; Press conferences, U18 & U23 matches, documentaries, classic old matches, re-runs of 1st team matches almost immediately after the match has ended (guess this depends on the competition), exclusive interviews etc.

You can also watch some of the programs "on demand" aka when ever you want. They are available for a limited time.

top1whoisman

Scout
MANCHESTER UNITED LAUNCHES MUTV APP

(NYSE:Man Utd) Manchester United today announced that MUTV is now available in 165 countries* worldwide through the new MUTV subscription-based app.

Available at the Apple and Google Play stores, the MUTV app allows Manchester United's 659 million followers to live stream MUTV for a monthly subscription fee which varies by country (eg USA $5.99 per month).

The MUTV app live streams 24/7 or on demand and features exclusive content such as:

- Live commentary and near live broadcasts of all Manchester United matches
- Pre and post-match analysis by Manchester United legends
- Exclusive interviews with players and Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho after each game
- Award winning documentaries
- Live Jose Mourinho press conferences
- Full replays of classic historical Manchester United matches
- Daily Manchester United news and analysis

Group managing director Richard Arnold said: "The MUTV app is the next phase of innovation at Manchester United. It allows our global family of 659 million followers to access the magic of Manchester United past and present direct to their mobile devices."

*Exclusions include the UK, Ireland and some other markets. MUTV subscriptions are still available on Sky and Virgin in the UK and Ireland.

Cantona_Forever

Anyone has problem signing in to the app? I'm using iOS version from US App Store and when I attempted to sign in it says I have to enter a valid email and password, which I did.

I checked official website and I couldn't find a support contact for MUTV, only tickets and tour. Anyone know where I can mail the problem to relevant party would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Cantona_Forever

It is shit though. No iPad or tvOS version. Could have been there from day one.

One of the worst iOS app I've come across. Likely written by someone who don't understand iOS ecosystem at all.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
It is shit though. No iPad or tvOS version. Could have been there from day one.

One of the worst iOS app I've come across. Likely written by someone who don't understand iOS ecosystem at all.
Mate its one of the best app in the android market,no buffer no glitch and streaming quality of the highest order.

Cantona_Forever

Mate its one of the best app in the android market,no buffer no glitch and streaming quality of the highest order.
That shows the difference in expectation between these two platforms, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Cantona_Forever

I don't know about that. I agree with ehsanul that it works beautifully on android.
I meant it also works great on iPhone but no native iPad app, and especially no tvOS app (considering its MUTV) makes you question the app team because it's so easy write universal iOS app. The additional works required are just minimal. The fact they didn't try tell me they don't know much about iOS platform.

Is this app really worth it? Pity they are not going to show any live games.
Depends on how you value your $5.00. For me having a chance to watch classic match in full is worth it.

Last edited:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems like the price went down from 6,99€ to 2,99€. At least in Germany.

ike

Yeah the price must of gone down $2.99 USD / month
Use it with Chromecast as well and works great here considering the craptastic internet services we have.

NYAS

Still not available where I am, which is extremely annoying. What are the alternatives? I want to follow the tour and everything to do with it, not just the games (which I'll get on BeIN).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I was pleasantly surprised with my price dropped this morning -- until I read the comments here. I realised that it has not dropped as much as in some other countries. :(

MUTV must have either got a big jump in their subs or very bad up-take in the numbers so they have had to drop the price.

Last edited:

Mindhunter

I tried it for a few days - subscribed for a month in India. The price was cheap and the content was great. However, it just wouldn't stream properly during live matches. E.g. during Carrick's testimonial, the audio kept stopping each time I played it. In the end, it got so frustrating that I gave it up. No point watching a half-baked telecast and in my frustration unsubscribed to the service.

They definitely need to plan their bandwidth better during live matches.

sglowrider

I tried it for a few days - subscribed for a month in India. The price was cheap and the content was great. However, it just wouldn't stream properly during live matches. E.g. during Carrick's testimonial, the audio kept stopping each time I played it. In the end, it got so frustrating that I gave it up. No point watching a half-baked telecast and in my frustration unsubscribed to the service.

They definitely need to plan their bandwidth better during live matches.
It may not be their bandwidth but yours. I generally dont have an issue watching MUTV.

MUTV probably uses the Amazon's or MS's cloud platform for global distribution and then stream/multicast it locally via your local ISP/Mobile provider.

Check for your best your wifi or your 4G location.

I would stream it then Chromecast it to my big screen tv.

Best viewing experience.

Satissh12

I have subscribed to it in India. Yesterday the app propped up a notice which said prices have been lowered and I could watch same content for less.
I opted for it and then it displayed same price as before :houllier:

Mindhunter

It may not be their bandwidth but yours. I generally dont have an issue watching MUTV.

MUTV probably uses the Amazon's or MS's cloud platform for global distribution and then stream/multicast it locally via your local ISP/Mobile provider.

Check for your best your wifi or your 4G location.

I would stream it then Chromecast it to my big screen tv.

Best viewing experience.
I thought so too at first and did more research. I am on a 50 Mbps connection that worked perfectly with other streaming services. Even, MUTV worked fine when I was watching curated content or live interviews. This issue happened only during the live match that was being telecast.

prateik

Rs.130 ($2)is nothing.. No brainer for the off season.. Worth it just for the interviews and behind the scenes videos from the tour.

sglowrider

I thought so too at first and did more research. I am on a 50 Mbps connection that worked perfectly with other streaming services. Even, MUTV worked fine when I was watching curated content or live interviews. This issue happened only during the live match that was being telecast.
I guess we will have to see -- if others dont have the same problem during the pre-season matches, then it cant be MUTV's global service provider but your local ISP or Mobile provider.

MuFc_1992

Really don't think it's worth 8.50 a month when I've been putting off netflix at around 10.

Mindhunter

I guess we will have to see -- if others dont have the same problem during the pre-season matches, then it cant be MUTV's global service provider but your local ISP or Mobile provider.
Yeah true. I will subscribe again to catch the pre-season fixtures. Will report back.

Tiber

meh wish we could get it in the UK. I ditched Sky this year and got the BT Tv service for like £2 on top of my internet cost