MUTV live app launched in selected countries

Tiber

Cheers for the link, I had missed this. This is great news! I actually had a look for the MUTV app the other day and gave up hope of Sky allowing it to come to the UK.

This is great news and £4.99 is cheaper than what I used to pay to add it to my sky package.

Have now signed up, at least for the preseason games. Hope United put that fiver towards the Griezmann fee next year :drool:

prateik

Could someone clarify? Does this mean I get to see all our games live? Just domestic?
Anything that MUTV covers. They don't have rights for the competitive matches.. Pre season, friendlies, reserves, u18s .. they might show competitive games on repeat later...

Hong Kong price dropped to $38. Even at that I don't really see what it gets you of value. They need to show the competitive games for it to be interesting.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hong Kong price dropped to $38. Even at that I don't really see what it gets you of value. They need to show the competitive games for it to be interesting.
And give up their share of the Sky money?

As their motto says -- Get Closer. You get to see interviews, live Reserve, U-18 matches and documentaries. Its there to build a deeper relationship with United that goes beyond just watching play on the weekend or possible mid-week.

(Casual) Fan versus Supporter.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Oh, it's finally available in Russia. Nice.

KarelPoborsky

Moved country since you first signed up for the Play Store?

Which country are you currently in?
England, never moved. I went to the link provided on the United website, tried to click subscribe and it just refreshes the page. Is Felliani running this page? :lol:

prateik

England, never moved. I went to the link provided on the United website, tried to click subscribe and it just refreshes the page. Is Felliani running this page? :lol:
Might not be available in the UK where they have it on TV and they have a deal with the cable providers.

Brocky

Might not be available in the UK where they have it on TV and they have a deal with the cable providers.
This. I moved to Canada a few months ago and was struggling to find it, the other day. It was only when I changed my address in Play Store that I could download it.

LoneStar

So I just subscribed to the MUTV app on my iPhone. It actually is like a.... TV. So there is no search function where I can basically see what I want? Damn. Anyway, just a one month subscription, so let's see how it goes. At least I can watch the pre season games no problem. Once the PL starts, can I watch those games(not live) if I missed the live match ?

RedDevil@84

Does someone know if the MUTV app automatically extends the subscription and cuts it from the credit card or will you be asked again?

LoneStar

Does someone know if the MUTV app automatically extends the subscription and cuts it from the credit card or will you be asked again?
Not sure about Android, but on iOS, unless you manually cancel the subscription, it'll automatically extend.

Brocky

So I just subscribed to the MUTV app on my iPhone. It actually is like a.... TV. So there is no search function where I can basically see what I want? Damn. Anyway, just a one month subscription, so let's see how it goes. At least I can watch the pre season games no problem. Once the PL starts, can I watch those games(not live) if I missed the live match ?
There's an On-demand section. The PL match highlights should be available in there, the following day, I would imagine.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
So the official MUTV live app is out in several countries but not in the UK where the club actually resides... Wow!
Knew that'd be the case before I even opened the thread. Madness

Couldn't care less though, MUTV is pure shite. The only time I buy it is around now, for one month only, just to catch the pre season games, interviews with new players, exclusive pressers etc. For the rest of the year you just get repeats of the 8-2 Arse win or Giggs' top 5 goals followed by a cringey wine ad. Crerand does my head in too.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone else having issues? I was able to download it from the Google Play Store, but any time I try to load it on Android it says Not available in your country.

I have a VPN service so can usually work around that with no problems, anyone know what it's using to tell what country you're in? Doesn't appear to be IP...

Brocky

Anyone else having issues? I was able to download it from the Google Play Store, but any time I try to load it on Android it says Not available in your country.

I have a VPN service so can usually work around that with no problems, anyone know what it's using to tell what country you're in? Doesn't appear to be IP...
You'd need to change your address in Play Store to one in the country 'you are in'. Once I changed mine to a Canadian address, it worked fine.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just signed up to MUTV.com. £4.99 per month. Am happy with that. Bout fecking time! Will get to see all the pre-season games in proper quality for a change. Watching his presser at the moment.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Do the pre-season matches get uploaded to MUTV.com on demand straight after? I work night shifts so I won't catch some of the games and I want to watch them in the morning.

Von Mistelroum

I was thinking about this, but with the pre-season matches being in the US, they are on at ridiculous o'clock, so can't watch anyway...unless they are on demand too?

Beachryan

I was thinking about this, but with the pre-season matches being in the US, they are on at ridiculous o'clock, so can't watch anyway...unless they are on demand too?
It has a whole 'on demand' section with lots of old preseason games. Can't confirm til later tonight/tomorrow how soon that'l happen, but seems logical they'll do that.

Beachryan

You'd need to change your address in Play Store to one in the country 'you are in'. Once I changed mine to a Canadian address, it worked fine.
Ah thanks! Now have it working on PC and phone - quality is good so far for the live feed. Fingers crossed that's true tonight too!

Von Mistelroum

It has a whole 'on demand' section with lots of old preseason games. Can't confirm til later tonight/tomorrow how soon that'l happen, but seems logical they'll do that.
Ah, says it's not available in England anyway....obviously, why would it be?.....

Stactix

Just subscribed to this, watched one of the interviews went off it to check if there was an app, not available in your country just typical.
Go back on to mutv on browser on my phone, 'subscribe now, so I log in' Still fecking says subscribe, I click on subscribe, log in & it tells me I have a subscription. Click on the 'go back to where you were before' Still says subscribe now..

Doesthe exact same thing on my PC-.-

Any ideas?

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I know they show United pre-season live, but is it worth subscribing for more than one month? I mean, we all know the bad things about MUTV, but is it worth to keep the subscription when the season starts?

It looks like it would cost me just 2.99 Euro, so it's not much, but still, it's MUTV.

Tiber

And blow up the entire premier league tv deal (probably bankrupting half the clubs)? I wouldnt count on it

Green_Red

What is the app called? I can find something called "MUTV" in India. Not sure if that's anything new though.

This might be worth it for preseason games, but even then I'd prefer some sort of desktop app so I can watch on my laptop instead.
It has chromecast built in so you can watch it on your TV, even better!

Green_Red

Great for me, an English guy in Australia struggling to get any real fix of live PL analysis and highlights etc. A steal for that price really. Sticking it on my iPad
Mate optus have all the PL coverage you need. All coming from back home too. $15 a month. Get on it ye mongrel!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yes but you have the most bias rose tinted football commentary avaliable.

Tiber

Currently getting an error screen -_- if they cant get it to work for games then what is the point?