Film My Name is Dolemite | Netflix | Eddie Murphy

Sylar

Saw an ad for it and was hoping to watch it. I do like his earlier stuff and haven't really been a fan of latter stuff so that's good to read

May check out during the week

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Loved it. One of the best films I've seen this year. It's positivity is infectious.

Drifter

American
Enjoyed this movie . Having watched the biography of Rudy Ray Moore ,i was wandering how accurate it was going to be. Was not disappointed.

Member 90887

It was an enjoyable movie. It had a feel good vibe around it which is nice.

Good performance from Eddie Murphy.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Snipes and Murphy are absolutely brilliant.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This thread reads like loads of pro Eddie Murphy bots replied. Is it actually good? I assumed he was long past it.

Green_Red

Brilliant. Couldnt believe the closing credits. Definitely worth a watch.

Tarrou

Might be the best Netflix movie yet

Murphy and Snipes were both back on top form

Neither of them seem to have aged much since the 90s either

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I still think this is some in joke to make people watch it.

roseguy64

Watched it. Took a bit to warm up but the funny for me started in the second and third acts. Before that I was just watching because I found it interesting. That continued all the way through.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I've been burning through stuff on netflix at an alarming rate and was running out of stuff to watch. I put this on, reluctantly, and it turned out to be one of the best movies I've seen all year. This is nothing like the parody Eddie Murphy became of himself. This is a more rounded, more mature Eddie Murphy, with a lot of depth. Like others have mentioned, Snipes was brilliant in it too. I've never seen him (Snipes) be so funny.

Because of the cast, the story, the unexpected performances and the fact that this was based on actual events and the whole feelgood factor, I'm giving this an 8/10.

Zlatattack

I got bored sort of an hour and a bit into it, but I persevered and was really pleased with the ending.

Definite 7/10

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Me and the missus finally saw this, I thought it was good. Eddie Murphy was the best thing about it imo, he was brilliant.

I also can’t believe how long it took me to figure out that Rudy’s mate wasn’t actually Bernie Mac.

macheda14

During the film I was never really taken by it, it’s humour felt a bit hit or miss. However the cast was fantastic, it’s respect for Rudy Ray Moore and his vision was admirable and it really stuck the landing. So by the end it was just too heart warming to criticise. I’d agree on the 7/10’s given, but it’s such a great story treated so well that I’d really recommend watching it.

macheda14

This thread reads like loads of pro Eddie Murphy bots replied. Is it actually good? I assumed he was long past it.
He was/is long past it. But it’s not really an Eddie Murphy film, it’s a film starring Eddie Murphy and he is fantastic in it. I could easily see a lot of people not really really enjoying it, yet by the end being swayed.