Mykhailo Mudryk / signs 8.5yr deal at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Shakhtar director at the game as a guest of Todd Boehly.

Meanwhile, Mudryk is back home liking Arsenal memes about him on Insta. :lol:

Tarrou

Boehly isn’t acting like a businessman trying to turn a profit at Chelsea, he’s acting like a rich cnut having a bit of fun running a football club

Their transfer strategy resembles City after their takeover, where they just hoovered up any promising talent they could convince to join

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Apparently Boehly never came close to Benfica's valuation of Fernandez. You really need to wonder how Chelsea can keep spending all this money, but more, adding more players to the wage bill which is already bloated. They are not state owned. There is a bottom to their money pit.

I still think Arsenal will get Mudryk. He also seems to want Arsenal

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I still think Arsenal will get Mudryk. He also seems to want Arsenal
Shahtkar is using the potential Enzo Fernandez transfer fee and Antony fee as baseline. Very unlikely for arsenal to close the deal. Just move on.

bringbackbebe

Boehly isn’t acting like a businessman trying to turn a profit at Chelsea, he’s acting like a rich cnut having a bit of fun running a football club

Their transfer strategy resembles City after their takeover, where they just hoovered up any promising talent they could convince to join
Boehly seems to have serious FOMO. Bids for anyone Arsenal, City, United are remotely linked to :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mudryk looks electric. Far more the type of player we need than Antony.

RopersReturn

What ever the outcome it’s almost certain Mudryk will prefer Arsenal. Top of the table by some margin and guaranteed a UCL spot, as well as likely to feature in the the first team rotation, than if he were to join Chelsea, sitting in the stand with Reese James week after week.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mudryk looks electric. Far more the type of player we need than Antony.
the issue is hes better on the left, and yet again we have 2 young and great options already. it’s a shame but you can’t have everything.

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
This guy is amazing. Man the PL is gonna be LOADED with young talent !! Martin, Haaland, Mudyk, Ganacho, Martinez, and a lot more of these Eastern Europeans, Argentina/Nordic/Spanish talent coming. A LOT MORE. Give me a Haaland over Mbappe and Vini JR types(lack of professionalism high maintenance headaches ) any day of the week!

criticalanalysis

This guy is amazing. Man the PL is gonna be LOADED with young talent !! Martin, Haaland, Mudyk, Ganacho, Martinez, and a lot more of these Eastern Europeans, Argentina/Nordic/Spanish talent coming. A LOT MORE. Give me a Haaland over Mbappe and Vini JR types(lack of professionalism high maintenance headaches ) any day of the week!
:smirk:

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Looks like we are close to getting this done. Not sure about the fee could be anywhere between 70m - 100m.
Either way its a big gamble atleast his salary will be low(ish).

Bwuk

Looks like we are close to getting this done. Not sure about the fee could be anywhere between 70m - 100m.
Either way its a big gamble atleast his salary will be low(ish).
I’ve only seen him twice.

I find it a bit mental your spending that on him when he’s probably a similar level to Martinelli.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can someone explain this without me needing to break my neck?
Antony beats Mudryk in all of the metrics in that graphic. Some obvious ones like assists, progressive passes and open play key passes but I have no idea what ‘attack value added’ is supposed to mean.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
I’ve only seen him twice.

I find it a bit mental your spending that on him when he’s probably a similar level to Martinelli.
Honestly if he is on a similar level to Martinelli it would be more than justified as in the current market we would not be selling him for under 100m. The risk is he could be worse much worse.
He has great potential but very little experience/exposure so he could turn out to be someone like Gervinho or like Neymar (both extremes are unlikely but possible) only time will tell but the range is huge.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Unless Mudryk himself pushes for Arsenal and only Arsenal, I think Chelsea will land him as they're more likely to meet Shaktar's demands. Shame. I hope Arteta has other targets as we desperately need more attacking options. The Newcastle game was a perfect example - we had no creative/attacking options from the bench.
I’d rather you got him to help with your title challenge. Anyone who’s choosing to go to Chelsea at the minute are obviously just going for the money, they’re awful. Most likely to miss out on top 4 so they can’t offer Cl football next season. That’s probably why they’re signing all these players now, they’ll struggle in the summer without CL. One thing yous have over them is more class. Chelsea are out here thinking it’s FM, taking other teams targets.

Bwuk

Honestly if he is on a similar level to Martinelli it would be more than justified as in the current market we would not be selling him for under 100m. The risk is he could be worse much worse.
He has great potential but very little experience/exposure so he could turn out to be someone like Gervinho or like Neymar (both extremes are unlikely but possible) only time will tell but the range is huge.
It wasn't meant as a dig at Martinelli, it was more that I don't think he improves your side enough to justify spending 70 - 100m when it could be spent elsewhere.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It wasn't meant as a dig at Martinelli, it was more that I don't think he improves your side enough to justify spending 70 - 100m when it could be spent elsewhere.
Understand that aspect of it, but we do need something, our bench options aren't great, we had to play all 3 of Saka, Martinelli and Nketiah Vs Oxford because Arteta just doesn't trust any of the other options, bar Smith-Rowe who has been out for months.

Newcastle game showed it as well, game tied at 0-0, struggling to break the down, look to the bench to see who could come on Vs tired legs and disrupt them a wee bit. Nothing really. Then a couple of days later, same scenario for City Vs Chelsea, they bring on £160M worth of Grealish and Mahrez and bang, they combine to score the winner.

NoPace

They want Antony monies
I genuinely can't work out why it seems like 90% of teams have better LW options than RW options because only 10% of players are left-footed, but people act like it shouldn't impact transfer valuations at all. Maybe it's Messi's fault.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
I genuinely can't work out why it seems like 90% of teams have better LW options than RW options because only 10% of players are left-footed, but people act like it shouldn't impact transfer valuations at all. Maybe it's Messi's fault.
Yup exactly... Antony plays a different position so its just a dumb argument on that count aswell. Here the comparisons should be Gapko/Diaz. Honestly Liverpool got a good deal on both it would seem.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
No, my point was if he turns out as good aswell then its great, I fear it could be a worse aswell because its a big stepup. 6 month ago even Brighton were wondering if they should take the risk at less than half the cost and ended up not pulling the trigger. Basically the risk reward ratio is not great and this is when i really like the player from little I have seen him play.

Regarding the thing about improving, I think now we are at that stage that our starting 11 is good enough, we now need people who are just as good for rotation and who could challenge for that starting role.
From what I feel, there are only a few players who could directly improve our starting 11 and who we could realistically buy let alone in Jan. Improvement in starting 11 will now come when there is competition for the places.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can someone explain this without me needing to break my neck?
It's comparing their CL seasons analytics, Mudryk this year, Antony last year. The guy running the analytics account is an arsenal fan. He doesn't rate Mudryk much and had people asking for the comparison.

Antony beats Mudryk in every aspect basically, it is percentile rank in the CL games out of all CL players that season. The slices for the goals seem to be glitched though, (npxG is non penalty expected goals), and Antony should be below Mudryk for non pen goals but above for the xG. It's saying that Mudryk is a bit underwhelming and had a hot finishing run in the CL groups this year and that's about it, whereas Antony genuinely looked like an elite player in the CL groups.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It's comparing their CL seasons analytics, Mudryk this year, Antony last year. The guy running the analytics account is an arsenal fan. He doesn't rate Mudryk much and had people asking for the comparison.

Antony beats Mudryk in every aspect basically, it is percentile rank in the CL games out of all CL players that season. The slices for the goals seem to be glitched though, (npxG is non penalty expected goals), and Antony should be below Mudryk for non pen goals but above for the xG. It's saying that Mudryk is a bit underwhelming and had a hot finishing run in the CL groups this year and that's about it, whereas Antony genuinely looked like an elite player in the CL groups.
I don't need any metric to know that Mudryk does not worth 80m. He is at best a 50m player, which is already overpriced. I don't know Arteta and Edu's plan with Mudryk, because you don't spend that kind of money for bench option.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This guy will be great if he went to the Gooners or Chavs and immediately shite if he came here, same old story
With our history with attacking players? You're having a laugh mate.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well true but the usual case would be if he plays for someone else he is tops, if he came here he would be the shits. Antony has 4 goals in 8 appearances and people are shit talking about him ffs
Yeah it's very typical football fandom. Chelsea fans have been openly calling for Pulisic to be sold for a while, but when there were stories of Liverpool being interested, they were suddenly worried about him going there and exploding into an elite forward.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't need any metric to know that Mudryk does not worth 80m. He is at best a 50m player, which is already overpriced. I don't know Arteta and Edu's plan with Mudryk, because you don't spend that kind of money for bench option.
Yeah I don't really see why they push for him so much. I don't think he is better than Martinelli so.... Upgrading on ESR for depth, just not needed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think he'll eventually send Martinelli to the bench. He's more talented in my opinion, but Arteta is probably thinking it would be good to have some rotational options rather than relying on Saka and Martinelli every single game. They'll be incredibly fatigued and run out of steam by March probably if Arsenal don't bring in any reinforcements.

NoPace

Antony better in possession, but Mudryk is the far more dangerous 1 on 1 player on the wing. It's a risky move, but his pace is really something, bit like a skinnier, weaker Bale when he's 1 on 1 against a defender. For the let's say 70M it seems like it would cost, I don't love it, but IF Arsenal think Martinelli's tenacity and other qualities mean he'll be their best #9, it's not crazy.

The bigger trend, which I think we've seen with Gapko joining Liverpool, is that teams now feel they have to have 2 dangerous left-wingers since if you're getting just good level production there, you're behind everyone else. It's the main attacking spot these days, with the most advanced midfielder (#8/#10 normally like Barella, De Bruyne, Gavi, Bruno these types) being #2, then #9 probably in 3rd and then RW is 4th priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.