Mykhaylo Mudryk

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He looks good. I hadn’t heard much about him or Kudus before this summer and we were pretty heavily linked with both. That’s makes me feel good about our scouting team.

bosskeano

It would be such a smart move to sign him in January. Won’t cost a bomb and an excellent winger. 20-25m would do it.
no chance you get him for 20-25m....he woudl be at least double that amount.

He's a quality player though and we certainly could use more help on the wing play

Grande

He's a great talent. Neto is a decent comparison I guess, although Mudryk is a better athlete and has more trickery in his locker. So maybe he's closer to Rashford. Also absolutely deadly on the counter.

There were talks about him going to Brentford and that would have been amazing for his development. I don't think he's ready for a top club yet. But I also hope he doesn't stay too long in Ukrainian league, like some of our similar talents did back in the day (Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka).

Less hyped, but Illya Zabarnyi (CB) is another very promising player to keep an eye on.
Rashford has a few of those goals like vs Ajax andLeipzig. How is he against settled defences that I expect Shakhtyor plays alot against in Ukraina?

kaku06

He's a quality player though and we certainly could use more help on the wing play
No, he won’t cost 50m. I don’t know if you paid attention but he was available for under 15m at the start of the window. Then when Arsenal became interested in him, Shahktar put a price of under 30m because it was the close to the end of the window. He has openly said he would like to leave this January again and multiple reports have put the price around that figure. Of course you never know in football but I don’t think he would cost that much.

bosskeano

No, he won’t cost 50m. I don’t know if you paid attention but he was available for under 15m at the start of the window. Then when Arsenal became interested in him, Shahktar put a price of under 30m because it was the close to the end of the window. He has openly said he would like to leave this January again and multiple reports have put the price around that figure. Of course you never know in football but I don’t think he would cost that much.
you may want to read this article

https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...-must-pay-a-lot-money-sign-21-year-old-target

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
You do realise we signed someone from Shaktar for £54m, who didnt have half as much hype as this kid?

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Rashford has a few of those goals like vs Ajax andLeipzig. How is he against settled defences that I expect Shakhtyor plays alot against in Ukraina?
I'm not sure he's got any more than 2 months worth of gametime as a starter for Shakhtar in the Ukrainian league, so there's not much to assess, he has a bunch of assists, but not many goals. He's someone who's caught the eye of people early, because of performances in some big CL and international games. As a league performer, he's still basically a relative novice, despite being 21.It shows the issues with player development and general organisation in recent years of ukrainian football (obviously since 2014 developing football has not been high on the agenda) that a player with obvious ability like he does, barely has played a full season of football. If Shakhtar had not lost so many players due to the war, he might not even have been given these recent opportunities as a starting player.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

He is heavily linked with arsenal and it is rumored Shak Donetsk want 50m+ in summer. Now may be even more. He is quality.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really like this guy every time I see him in the CL or Europa.

He's 2 footed, absolutely rapid and very direct. Say it quietly but he reminds me a bit of a young Giggs on the left.

He'll be at a top side within 2 years 100%

kaku06

You do realise we signed someone from Shaktar for £54m, who didnt have half as much hype as this kid?
Different times. Ukrainian clubs weren’t in financial crisis then but you might be right even after that. Looks like I underestimated his price that was mentioned before. He ain’t gonna be cheap after all if they are rejecting 30m.

jesperjaap

Isnt he left sided? Sancho, Rashford, Garnacho are best suited on the left.....not seen anything of him, but left wing isnt somewhere we need to be looking at we have loads of options there as not even mentioning Hannibal, Elanga, Amad who can all play there, absolute non starter

Grande

I'm not sure he's got any more than 2 months worth of gametime as a starter for Shakhtar in the Ukrainian league, so there's not much to assess, he has a bunch of assists, but not many goals. He's someone who's caught the eye of people early, because of performances in some big CL and international games. As a league performer, he's still basically a relative novice, despite being 21.It shows the issues with player development and general organisation in recent years of ukrainian football (obviously since 2014 developing football has not been high on the agenda) that a player with obvious ability like he does, barely has played a full season of football. If Shakhtar had not lost so many players due to the war, he might not even have been given these recent opportunities as a starting player.
interesting, and understandable that he’d need a few seasons before going to abig club.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He wasn't. We agreed a fee of €20m with Shakhtar but they kept increasing the price until we were priced out at around €30m. According to some reports, by now Shakhtar even declined an offer by an EPL club over €40m.

Would have loved to see him at our club. Technically, he's one of the best young players in Europe and from what I've seen, "Ukrainian Neymar" is actually a pretty accurate description. Terrific player.

Last edited:

bosskeano

I really like this guy every time I see him in the CL or Europa.

He's 2 footed, absolutely rapid and very direct. Say it quietly but he reminds me a bit of a young Giggs on the left.

He'll be at a top side within 2 years 100%
he could follow in the same path as another great Ukrainian winger that came to United after spending time with Shaktar....

Adam-Utd

he could follow in the same path as another great Ukrainian winger that came to United after spending time with Shaktar....
Definitely! he's got that beautiful turn of speed and directness just like Kanchelskis too.

We're probably too stacked on the LW to get him unfortunately, but hope he moves to a bigger league soon.

demetre

Demyanenko explained it very well in this thread, he didn't play all that much. And I can't say I have watched a lot of Shakhtar in Ukrainian Premier League, but whenever I caught their games he stood out a lot. I would say he looks fairly comfortable against packed defences, although level of opposition (especially now) is very low.

Wayne's World

This kid is frightening, I mean Haaland levels of frightening when he's at full pace..:eek:

We need to sign him, overspend on talents like this because they don't come around often before the are pinched by big clubs.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Full Name: Mykhaylo Mudryk
Date of Birth: Jan 5, 2001 (21)
Nationality: Ukraine

Height: 175cm
Position: Attack - Left Winger
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Alik Football Management
Current Club: Shakhtar Donetsk

Contract Expires: Dec 31, 2026
Date of Last Contract Extension: Feb 13, 2022
Outfitter: Nike​

Chief123

Him and Antony on the wings has the potential to be something very special.

Adam-Utd

He's got that speed and intensity you need in England. I love watching him. He's going to be a star somewhere.

L1nk

When he's in full flow he's absolutely electric, would love to see him here even if we have a surplus of wingers. Would happily bin off a couple though tbh..

BerryBerryShrew

Clearly very dangerous on the counter but unsure how he'd adapt against sides that sit deep.

He could always be converted into an incredible LWB if that's an issue though.

Tony Clifton

Reminds me of Rashford…a lot. Also looks a bit like Rashford…but with a terrible haircut.

Vapor trail

Clearly very dangerous on the counter but unsure how he'd adapt against sides that sit deep.

He could always be converted into an incredible LWB if that's an issue though.
This is a critical judgement fans need to make. The games I've seen him I'm unsure how he would face against teams that sit deep. Same reason why I reckon R.Laeo would be a success he's got good close control alongside his speed.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
I really don't see him as a cheap alternative anymore, half the Europe must be after him in January. He just looks special, someone will get themselves a star.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He looks rapid every time I see him. I reckon he would be a monster in Germany

kaku06

Who is better between him and the Napoli winger?
Kvaratskhelia is better. Is more dynamic, has more maturity to his game right now and is a more varied dribbler. Mudryk has top potential though. Both have pace but Mudryk at full tilt is frightening.

mav_9me

Who is better between him and the Napoli winger?
Kvaratskhelia is better. Is more dynamic, has more maturity to his game right now and is a more varied dribbler. Mudryk has top potential though. Both have pace but Mudryk at full tilt is frightening.
As has been pointed out the question is who would do better against packed defenses. Sadly the way Sancho is going, we may need a LW too in a yr or two. Sancho on paper is the key player against park the bus defenses but so far has been a disappointment. If we ever replace him that's the key. Kvaratskhelia of what I've seen is good one against one and is clever too, would be good against packed defenses.

kunal18

We need to go all in for one of either this guy or Kvaratskhelia, that would transform our attack completely.
Ten Hag has set us up to play dominating football, we will require flair in our team to open teams up.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Can he do it on a cold, muddy night in Stoke?
I don't know, but to be fair the nights get even colder and muddier in Ukraine and Poland (where I think the club trains now that Ukraine is being bombed by a madman)

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We need to go all in for one of either this guy or Kvaratskhelia, that would transform our attack completely.
Ten Hag has set us up to play dominating football, we will require flair in our team to open teams up.
Imagine if we had both Kvara and Mudryk, instead of Rashford/Sancho pair and also a capable, not injury-prone striker...

But that would require competent recruiting - our Achille's Heal