Mykhaylo Mudryk

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

SO arsenal offered the same amount as us and basically tried tapping the player up. This guy also had his say on the ownership after speaking to the owners and he has some pretty positive words.

Not to detract from the frankly absurd and sickening cost of the deal but the truth is Arsenal werent as innocent as they tried to portray.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I hope he flourishes at Chelsea.

IMHO the EPL could use with a player of his profile (explosive, both footed, flair and match winning capabilities)
If he's a flop over how many seasons he stays, I wouldn't help but feel like I was robbed of some box office games

I'm looking forward to seeing him up against Kyle Walker (whether that's season 1 or season 2) , and I hope I get to see an encounter between Wan Bisakka and Mudryk where both players are coming into the game with exceedingly high confidence. Chelsea vs Newcastle will now be another game I'm excited for (final game of the season) as Newcastle have quite possibly the meanest defensive in Europe. Would love to see the ways they look to limit his influence. Although, it might be too soon for him to play at the level which make for the kind of game I'm salivating for.

And from the perspective of a United fella, I hope he plays some role in taking points of Arsenal/City/Newcastle as Chelsea play all three from 29th April till last game of season.

Would like to think Chelsea have done their due diligence in providing him the right conditions to allow him to acclimatise to the rigors of EPL football. When you assemble an assortment of players in unfavourable circumstances, then their performances will invariably be disproportionate to what they're truly capable of.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

SO arsenal offered the same amount as us and basically tried tapping the player up. This guy also had his say on the ownership after speaking to the owners and he has some pretty positive words.

Not to detract from the frankly absurd and sickening cost of the deal but the truth is Arsenal werent as innocent as they tried to portray.
Was obvious that was the case, the way he was clearly forcing the move with all the social media posts.

I imagine if someone had just agreed to pay you 100m euros, you would be pretty complimentary.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

and the donation to Ukraine war is the president's own money apparently, nothing to do with us

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

I can't read the full article, but is the main part you are having a go at Arsenal for tapping a player up like it's not the norm these days, either directly or indirectly?

TheReligion

Abusive

Of course he’ll have positive things to say about your ownership. You’ve just given him €100m :lol:

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Tapping up happens on every transfer these days.

The difference was clearly the likelihood of bonuses being realized and, maybe even more importantly, wages. I’m sure Chelsea offered the player far more than we were.

Players decide in the end and the reality is that they usually just take the most money.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Of course he’ll have positive things to say about your ownership. You’ve just given him €100m :lol:
Like i said earlier, when 1 club is saying we'll give you everything you want and we'll outbid the rival bid, rolling out the red carpet and private jets, and the other club is haggling trying to get the fee down to a more reasonable level, then of course perceptions of both clubs will be different. As i said, Chelsea's sales pitch was just much better, the owners certainly seem good at that, and seem quite happy to tell other owners etc about their ambitious plans.

Zetrio2002

Arsenal probably dodged a bullet. How can a player who barely played 20 games per year be trusted to play first 11 for premier league? Plus he played for the strongest club in the Ukraine league and barely made any goals in 60+ games.

Arsenal doesn't really need midfielders on the flank. They need more good central midfielders.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Like i said earlier, when 1 club is saying we'll give you everything you want and we'll outbid the rival bid, rolling out the red carpet and private jets, and the other club is haggling trying to get the fee down to a more reasonable level, then of course perceptions of both clubs will be different. As i said, Chelsea's sales pitch was just much better, the owners certainly seem good at that, and seem quite happy to tell other owners etc about their ambitious plans.
Yeh we were never going to get Mudryk once Chelsea were seriously interested. We simply couldn't compete; fee structure, bonuses, player's contract - Chelsea just offered considerably more than we were able/willing. It's just irritating that we didn't realise this sooner - wasted half the window for nothing. Now we've shown our hand and clubs know we have roughly 90mil to spend.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Didn't the guy say you were offering the exact same fee though so I don't know if "giving everything they want and outbidding the rival offer" is correct here?

The guaranteed part of the fee (€70M) was the same for you lot too, though Chelsea offered better (=faster) payment terms on that.

The add-on part of the fee (€30M) was the same for both clubs too but there was said to be differences in the terms for triggering the bonus payments. The full €30M in our deal is related to winning PL / CL trophies which are among the hardest to achieve so I'm not sure what yours could have been so that they were seen as more unrealistic? Maybe you had some ridiculous clauses like the Mudryk winning Ballon d'Or while playing for you (Martial says hi) or him having to score 100+ goals for the club during the contract period? Or if yours were linked to winning trophies too, maybe Shakhtar just weren't convinced you lot winning the CL in the near future was considered realistic. :wenger:

I can't read the full article, but is the main part you are having a go at Arsenal for tapping a player up like it's not the norm these days, either directly or indirectly?
It may be the norm these days but in this particular case it was one club doing the tapping up daily for months without even bothering to let Shakhtar know about it and the other club contacting Shakhtar for permission first and doing things like they're supposed to be done. I'm sure you can see why the Shakhtar bosses may have been a little pissed about the way Arsenal were doing things and how that may have played a part in them being more open to selling the player to Chelsea in the first place?

Personally I hate the tapping up method and even more so when it results in the player refusing to train/play in order to force the move. Just recently Chelsea were guilty of this too with the case of Enzo Fernandez and I can definitely understand why Benfica weren't too pleased with the way our club was acting.

angak

I would wager a bet that no Chelsea fan has actually watched him play I mean who watches the Ukraine league. I think he will be like your version of Antony. Big money but Just a little bit average Anyway we will see how he goes.

He is 10x the player of Antony.

He will be in the top few players in the league within 18months. Special, special talent.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't the guy say you were offering the exact same fee though so I don't know if "giving everything they want and outbidding the rival offer" is correct here?

The guaranteed part of the fee (€70M) was the same for you lot too, though Chelsea offered better (=faster) payment terms on that.

The add-on part of the fee (€30M) was the same for both clubs too but there was said to be differences in the terms for triggering the bonus payments. The full €30M in our deal is related to winning PL / CL trophies which are among the hardest to achieve so I'm not sure what yours could have been so that they were seen as more unrealistic? Maybe you had some ridiculous clauses like the Mudryk winning Ballon d'Or while playing for you (Martial says hi) or him having to score 100+ goals for the club during the contract period? Or if yours were linked to winning trophies too, maybe Shakhtar just weren't convinced you lot winning the CL in the near future was considered realistic. :wenger:

It may be the norm these days but in this particular case it was one club doing the tapping up daily for months without even bothering to let Shakhtar know about it and the other club contacting Shakhtar for permission first and doing things like they're supposed to be done. I'm sure you can see why the Shakhtar bosses may have been a little pissed about the way Arsenal were doing things and how that may have played a part in them being more open to selling the player to Chelsea in the first place?

Personally I hate the tapping up method and even more so when it results in the player refusing to train/play in order to force the move. Just recently Chelsea were guilty of this too with the case of Enzo Fernandez and I can definitely understand why Benfica weren't too pleased with the way our club was acting.
My meaning of giving them everything they want was that Shakhtar wanted €100M. You came in and offered €100M straight away, we spent weeks trying to negotiate our position. Talk was you had made it clear early on you could match what Shakhter wanted, and could better our offer if need be. You also bettered our offer to Mudrik.

Listen, i'm not having a go, it worked. You sold yourselves to Shakhtar much better, inviting directors over to games, the private jets, the friendlies, selling the Chelsea project to them and the player. And you got him, so how could i have a go when it 'won you the prize' at the end of the day?

demetre

I just hope Chelsea fans will give him more time before calling him "mediocre", "flop" etc like a lot of folks here do in regards to Antony.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he shows what he did for Shakthar, he will be an absolute weapon in the league IMO.

Pacey, 2 footed player with an eye for goal? I think he will be a star personally.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I just hope Chelsea fans will give him more time before calling him "mediocre", "flop" etc like a lot of folks here do in regards to Antony.
There will always be keyboard warriors in every fan base who are impatient and toxic as feck when it comes to players, managers etc. and this trend has gotten a lot worse or at the very least a lot more noticeable with the rise of social media. Maybe these kind of weirdos have always existed but nobody just cared what they thought but Twitter, Reddit etc. has given them a platform to do their moaning very publicly and most of all anonymously.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeh we were never going to get Mudryk once Chelsea were seriously interested. We simply couldn't compete; fee structure, bonuses, player's contract - Chelsea just offered considerably more than we were able/willing. It's just irritating that we didn't realise this sooner - wasted half the window for nothing. Now we've shown our hand and clubs know we have roughly 90mil to spend.
Only for the right player. Arteta and Edu believed Mudryk was that player.

romufc

I find it very weird that Chelsea put in a whole 8 hour presentation for Shaktar to accept the fee. Weird to see this from a club president rather than the players agent.

Maybe he needed extra convincing to go to Chelsea? Even though money was probably up there, double the salary Arsenal were willing to offer.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
There will always be keyboard warriors in every fan base who are impatient and toxic as feck when it comes to players, managers etc. and this trend has gotten a lot worse or at the very least a lot more noticeable with the rise of social media. Maybe these kind of weirdos have always existed but nobody just cared what they thought but Twitter, Reddit etc. has given them a platform to do their moaning very publicly and most of all anonymously.
Totally agree with that. Have a look on Arsenal Mania, there's some want Edu sacked for failing to get another deal done. Never mind the fact he's had a major role in totally rebuilding a squad that sit 8 points clear at the top of the league, he failed to get another shiny new toy so he must go!

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Totally agree with that. Have a look on Arsenal Mania, there's some want Edu sacked for failing to get another deal done. Never mind the fact he's had a major role in totally rebuilding a squad that sit 8 points clear at the top of the league, he failed to get another shiny new toy so he must go!
He failed to close the deal early in January before Chelsea showed his interest. He probably tried hard to drive the price down which you can't blame him for that.

mu4c_20le

I still think you had a clear run at him until things went south for Chelsea and they became desperate. It seemed the player genuinely wanted to join you, and Arteta's project, and personal terms had long been reached so a deal could've been done even before the window opened. Chelsea was always just waiting in the back for the deal to collapse, it was never you vs them at any point. They didn't blow you away.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I still think you had a clear run at him until things went south for Chelsea and they became desperate. It seemed the player genuinely wanted to join you, and Arteta's project, and personal terms had long been reached so a deal could've been done even before the window opened. Chelsea was always just waiting in the back for the deal to collapse, it was never you vs them at any point. They didn't blow you away.
Edu probably pissed Shakhtar off by trying to drive a hard bargain when Shakhtar repeatedly said in the media they wanted 100m. :lol:
Anyway Chelsea got their man and congrats.

mu4c_20le

Edu probably pissed Shakhtar off by trying to drive a hard bargain when Shakhtar repeatedly said in the media they wanted 100m. :lol:
Anyway Chelsea got their man and congrats.
If Boehly didn't exist then most likely Edu would've gotten his way. No way Shakhtar walks away from 95m

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He looks excellent. Chelsea are a mess though. They’ve signed too many players.
Spent too much, perhaps. But signed too many players?

Koulibaly replaced Rudiger.
Fofana replaced AC
Cucurella replaced Alonso
Sterling replaced Werner
Auba replaced Lukaku

Those 5 were direct replacements for players that have left.

That leaves Badiashile, Mudryk and a couple of hopeful punts for the future like Chukwumueka, Santos and David Fofana.

Pretty certain one of Pulisic and Ziyech leaves in the summer, likely both so Mudryk can effectively be considered a replacement for one of them.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Bollocks.

This is a man who has failed to attract multiple top targets of ours. You are only dismissive since we are 8 points clear due to last seasons squad clicking, lack of injuries and a Saliba back from loan.

We have missed out on:
Mudryk
Raphina
Vlahovic
Buendia
Douglas Luiz
Martinez

Zinchenko /Jesus is 100% down to Artetas influence. Our transfer business is abysmal. Edu even paid £3 million to Marquinhos ex club as a goodwill fee despite being a free transfer.

We can continue riding our luck with a paper thin squad, but the reality is this is our best chance in almost 20 years to win the league. Edu has to do his job and sign reinforcements. Mudryk is not a shiny new toy, we need a two footed winger to rotate alongside Martinelli/Saka.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Arsenal fans: you were after him, but where was he going to play for you given Martinelli plays in his position?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Bollocks.

This is a man who has failed to attract multiple top targets of ours. You are only dismissive since we are 8 points clear due to last seasons squad clicking, lack of injuries and a Saliba back from loan.

We have missed out on:
Mudryk
Raphina
Vlahovic
Buendia
Douglas Luiz
Martinez

Zinchenko /Jesus is 100% down to Artetas influence. Our transfer business is abysmal. Edu even paid £3 million to Marquinhos ex club as a goodwill fee despite being a free transfer.

We can continue riding our luck with a paper thin squad, but the reality is this is our best chance in almost 20 years to win the league. Edu has to do his job and sign reinforcements. Mudryk is not a shiny new toy, we need a two footed winger to rotate alongside Martinelli/Saka.
Raphinha (He only wanted Barca, and Barca only)
Vlahovic (He only wanted Juventus, and Juventus only)
Martinez(Edu and Arteta couldn't/not willing to meet the asking price, and got Zinchenko instead)

I can't comment on the other deals, but the above three how can you blame him?