Mykhaylo Mudryk

romufc

Never said that but for the sake of your post I'll go through each player you listed.

Pulisic has one year left on his deal with his PR team bitching about his playing time for what feels like an eternity.

Ziyech may be a harder one but I think he may push for a move unless his playing time increases.

Auba will have a year left and is being linked with a return to Barca.

With Lukaku this is where his self delusions comes in handy. He has shown all through his career he won't be able to accept being anything other than an undisputed starter and will find somewhere that will give him that.

The one that may/will be quite hard to shift is Kouli.

I never said you specifically, but a few have said, oh we will sell.

The issue is, will Chelsea want to sell for money or sell for sake of selling?

I remember a year ago, we couldn't get Inter to pay £10m for Dalot. With players who are on 200k, its even harder because they want a similar salary.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I find it quite interesting that Chelsea fans think selling players is going to be like listing on football manager and they'll all sell.

Selling Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba, Lukaku who are on big wages is not going to be easy.
Of that lot Lukaku will be the most impossible to sell and I'm sure everyone already knows it.

The others should be sellable though. In the summer Pulisic will have just 12 months on his contract, same for Auba and 2 years for Ziyech. Worst case scenario the club subsidize their wage for the remainder of the contract by paying up the difference between their current salary and whatever their next club is willing to pay them.

Say someone is willing to pay a €15M fee for Pulisic but only agree to pay him €100K/wk. We pay up the difference to his current £150K/wk deal for 12 months which amounts to around €3.5M so in reality only pocket €11.5M for the deal but get him off the wage bill for good. Even a fee like that would cover his remaining amortisation so would be a clean break. A big net loss for what we paid for him in the past but that loss is already covered in the books for previous financial years and now we would 'break even' with whatever book value he has left so no loss would be accounted.

Now let me ask you, do you think it is unrealistic to sell Pulisic for €15M and having another club willing to offer him €100K a week in salary? I don't think so.

The problem is not the players you have, but how they are managed. If you cannot get a tune out of Ziyech, you’re hopeless.
I take it from your username you're from the Netherlands and watched Ziyech a lot in the Eredivisie? He's been at Chelsea almost three years now and apart from these glimpses a few times a season he has never shown anything.

Seems to lacks the pace to take on his man and with the more intense nature of the EPL compared to the Eredivisie he also doesn't have as much time on the ball as he did at Ajax which has made him struggle a lot. Now if we were to build our whole team around Ziyech to offer him more protection and allow him that extra second on the ball, would he be better? Probably, but then again it's also easier to just bin him and get a player who's better suited to the league to begin with.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The overall package only had a couple of millions in it though. Chelsea’s add ons are supposedly tied to winning the CL and PL, those are literally the hardest add ons. I wonder what Arsenal’s were? Also I think there’s no chance you would have signed a player for nearly £90m and then him on a middling contract like £50k. So yeah I think what swayed the deal was much we were to play up front but I doubt there was a huge difference between the overall package to the club and player. Not that it matters though. All that matters from here on out is how he performs and how he fits into the team.
Judging by the quotes coming out from the Shakhtar chairman, i think you probably managed a greater sales pitch overall to Shakhtar. Having Srna over for the City game, talk about money for the Ukraine army and future friendlies, even flying over by private jet so they can bring Srna and the player back in it, all part of the process to get club, agent and player to accept deals. Edu probably went over by Ryanair. When one club rolls out the red carpet and promises you everything you are asking for and more, while the rival club is trying to barter a deal down, it does a lot for how both parties are perceived.

Even then it seems Mudryk gave Arsenal the opportunity to match Chelsea's offer before agreeing to Chelsea. However they decided not to. They might have thought even if they did this Chelsea would raise the stakes again.

Like you say, all moot points now, you've got yourself a potential star, while we scratch our heads wondering who the next target should be.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
I find it quite interesting that Chelsea fans think selling players is going to be like listing on football manager and they'll all sell.

Selling Pulisic, Ziyech, Auba, Lukaku who are on big wages is not going to be easy.
Especially when you consider they couldn’t sell either Ziyech or Pulisic in the summer despite both openly wanting to leave.

Aubamayang will be even more difficult. Arsenal had to pay him a fortune to get rid!

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Rumours are coming out that he asked or more hoped Arsenal would match the fee. If that is true I don't think it was about personal terms although I can see him and most players being giddy at 8.5 year çontract durations.

Im not sure the 8.5 is wrong in this case. If they believe that much in him, why mess around? He is pretty much guaranteed to spend his prime years for Chelsea. Of course if it doesn't pan out, it might make it very difficult to offload this guy. They are fully invested on this one.

Reactions: oates

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Imagine united promising money to a city or country to secure a deal for a top talent ahead of Liverpool for example. There'd be absolute uproar of bribery.
Well if there was impending fecking doom and Putin trying to take over the UK, I’m sure even Liverpool fans would be on board with such an idea.

RyRoc

Just seen The Shakhtar Director of football was with him at Stamford bridge yesterday which I thought was very strange. Additionally the way Shakhtar have celebrated him signing for another club (which by the sounds of it was not the one he wanted) and news that some of the money will go towards Ukraine war makes this quite suspect imo. Be interested to see if more comes out.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just seen The Shakhtar Director of football was with him at Stamford bridge yesterday which I thought was very strange. Additionally the way Shakhtar have celebrated him signing for another club (which by the sounds of it was not the one he wanted) and news that some of the money will go towards Ukraine war makes this quite suspect imo. Be interested to see if more comes out.
Its the least Chelsea can do really given they have helped fund this war and continue to sing for Roman to this day.

Glad Shaktar have made such a killing on this.

romufc

Now let me ask you, do you think it is unrealistic to sell Pulisic for €15M and having another club willing to offer him €100K a week in salary? I don't think so.
When you look at individual basis, it works and that's fine. Doing it for multiple players is where the issue is, if it was only Pulisic, fine but doing it for 3/4 players is what makes it complicated.

Then you have the issue in midfield. Kante, Jorginho, Kova, Gallagher, Chukwemeka, Mount, RLC as well.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I wonder if ukrainian fans are a bit puzzled by his choice. I know Roman is gone and all but it's not a great look to join Putin's friend old club.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
What exactly is suspicious about Shakhtar wanting Ukraine to win the war and being willing to donate money towards making that happen now that they were on the receiving end of a big payment? Fair play to them for being generous, it's their money to do whatever they want with it regardless of who the buying club was.

Their club is based in one of the areas already annexed by Russia (Donetsk Oblast) and have been playing their home games elsewhere since 2014 already so Ukraine winning the war would definitely be in their best interest so they can finally go home after almost a decade away.

And what's wrong with them celebrating the sale a little bit? At that kind of a price it's one of the most high profile transfers ever in football history and they definitely have a reason to be happy to have had a part in something like that. It's not like them keeping Mudryk long term was an option anyway and it was only a matter of time before he moves to bigger and better things elsewhere.

People and their silly conspiracy theories. :lol::lol:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Sadly you’re wrong. The Antony deal has add ons too.

As I said. Just going off what Sky Sports have reported.
This is what skysports reported:
United will pay a guaranteed £80.75m and another £4.25m in add-ons for the 22-year-old, who completed his medical on Tuesday.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...nited-agree-85m-deal-to-sign-antony-from-ajax

So no Mudryk and Nunez's guaranteed fees are around £20m less than Antony's. No matter how you spin it, Antony's deal was fecking dreadful.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’d feel sorry for this guy as I don’t even think Chelsea scouted him. Think they just hustled in to stop arsenal getting him. Be surprised if they know anything about him. Stupid decision from him to join these.
don’t feel bad for him the guy has just secured major money for the next 8 years, even if he flops he has Guaranteed the money, if Chelsea want him to leave after 4 years then they will have to pay him what he’s owed for the reminder of the contract.

him and his agent have mugged off Chelsea.

BlueHaze

How one can be so wealthy and yet make those hideous prison like tattoos...

Butterflies on the neck... Really?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
don’t feel bad for him the guy has just secured major money for the next 8 years, even if he flops he has Guaranteed the money, if Chelsea want him to leave after 4 years then they will have to pay him what he’s owed for the reminder of the contract.

Seriously? Wow. That’s Chelsea for you though. That’s nothing less than what they deserve.

NLunited

Of that lot Lukaku will be the most impossible to sell and I'm sure everyone already knows it.

The others should be sellable though. In the summer Pulisic will have just 12 months on his contract, same for Auba and 2 years for Ziyech. Worst case scenario the club subsidize their wage for the remainder of the contract by paying up the difference between their current salary and whatever their next club is willing to pay them.

Say someone is willing to pay a €15M fee for Pulisic but only agree to pay him €100K/wk. We pay up the difference to his current £150K/wk deal for 12 months which amounts to around €3.5M so in reality only pocket €11.5M for the deal but get him off the wage bill for good. Even a fee like that would cover his remaining amortisation so would be a clean break. A big net loss for what we paid for him in the past but that loss is already covered in the books for previous financial years and now we would 'break even' with whatever book value he has left so no loss would be accounted.

I take it from your username you're from the Netherlands and watched Ziyech a lot in the Eredivisie? He's been at Chelsea almost three years now and apart from these glimpses a few times a season he has never shown anything.

Seems to lacks the pace to take on his man and with the more intense nature of the EPL compared to the Eredivisie he also doesn't have as much time on the ball as he did at Ajax which has made him struggle a lot. Now if we were to build our whole team around Ziyech to offer him more protection and allow him that extra second on the ball, would he be better? Probably, but then again it's also easier to just bin him and get a player who's better suited to the league to begin with.
You aren’t a manager. Ziyech is not a winger but a playmaker who comes inside. For sure you can build your team around him.

Marokko did not amount to much before Ziyech started playing for them at the World Cup for a better manager.

Next, get more out of Sterling, Pulisic and Lukaku. All top players before they joined your team ( the wrong team for them apparently).

Don’t ask a player to fulfill a role that doesn’t fit him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

On the other hand, if he blossoms into one of the best forwards in the world, he'll be on the same contract he signed when he was 22. Imagine we did this with Hazard. He'd have been on the contract he signed when he was 21 in 2012 as a 27 year old in his prime one of the best players in the world in 2018.

There's been reports about incentives and certain milestones and targets being tied to wage jumps as he progresses through the years though, which make way more sense for player and club than signing him to a certain contract for 8 years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You aren’t a manager. Ziyech is not a winger but a playmaker who comes inside. For sure you can build your team around him.

Marokko did not amount to much before Ziyech started playing for them at the World Cup for a better manager.

Next, get more out of Sterling, Pulisic and Lukaku. All top players before they joined your team ( the wrong team for them apparently).

Don’t ask a player to fulfill a role that doesn’t fit him.
He's been the biggest square peg round hole player in the team. He was floundering for so long because there just wasn't a natural fit for him in Tuchel's back 3.

Sterling has been here a couple of months but he does look like he's lost a yard of pace that used to make him so dangerous.

Pulisic can't stay out of physio room. He's one of the injury prone players I've seen in a long time. Not Chelsea's fault he has to miss 2 months every time he plays 3 games in a row.

The less said about Lukaku the better.

angak

He is going to be one of best players in the world soon. Shame we have so many right footed wide players.

dannyrhinos89

On the other hand, if he blossoms into one of the best forwards in the world, he'll be on the same contract he signed when he was 22. Imagine we did this with Hazard. He'd have been on the contract he signed when he was 21 in 2012 as a 27 year old in his prime one of the best players in the world in 2018.

There's been reports about incentives and certain milestones and targets being tied to wage jumps as he progresses through the years though, which make way more sense for player and club than signing him to a certain contract for 8 years.

I feel you're dreaming a little too big there isn’t it a concern that in literally 5 years as a pro he’s made less than 50 appearances and none of them have come outside Ukraine. Big risk signing him on for so long.

also he made it more than clear Arsenal was his preferred destination, so you’ve already got a player that in the back of his mind doesn’t really care about Chelsea and signed for money. It doesn’t work we United fans know that all too well As we’ve had s few in recent years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I feel you're dreaming a little too big there isn’t it a concern that in literally 5 years as a pro he’s made less than 50 appearances and none of them have come outside Ukraine. Big risk signing him on for so long.
I mean you pointed out the negatives about this deal. I pointed out the positives. He’s a very talented kid and there’s every chance he develops into a top class player.

dannyrhinos89

I mean you pointed out the negatives about this deal. I pointed out the positives. He’s a very talented kid and there’s every chance he develops into a top class player.
I would wager a bet that no Chelsea fan has actually watched him play I mean who watches the Ukraine league. I think he will be like your version of Antony. Big money but Just a little bit average Anyway we will see how he goes.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He's made more than 50 appearances and some of them have come outside Ukraine. He's got 13 apps in European competitions and they can't all be at home.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I would wager a bet that no Chelsea fan has actually watched him play I mean who watches the Ukraine league. I think he will be like your version of Antony. Big money but Just a little bit average Anyway we will see how he goes.
I saw him in the CL, especially in those games against Celtic. But either way, whether we’ve watched him is irrelevant to what we’re discussing. But yeah.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
This is probably true. I’ve never watched him play. But I also reckon that most fans in England haven’t seen him play. Bar a few minutes in the CL. The same could also be said for Antony but United were happy to pay an equally ridiculous fee. There’s no guarantees any young player will make it. We will just have to wait and see but for now most peoples sweeping statements, like yours are frankly pointless at this point, the move is done. Whether we agree with the financials or not.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
This is probably true. I’ve never watched him play. But I also reckon that most fans in England haven’t seen him play. Bar a few minutes in the CL. The same could also be said for Antony but United were happy to pay an equally ridiculous fee. There’s no guarantees any young player will make it. We will just have to wait and see but for now most peoples sweeping statements, like yours are frankly pointless at this point, the move is done. Whether we agree with the financials or not.
I won't say he is not quality from what I have seen from the CL highlights, even though we didn't land him. Arteta really really wanted him. I wish him well for his chelsea career.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Probably has some incentive where he gets a pay raise if he meets them. No way an agent is leaving that much money on the table.
You say this, but I am not sure. Seems like a Kane/Rice move where they believe a rich older man will look after them, if they do what they want them to do.

Davie Moyes

This is what skysports reported:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...nited-agree-85m-deal-to-sign-antony-from-ajax

So no Mudryk and Nunez's guaranteed fees are around £20m less than Antony's. No matter how you spin it, Antony's deal was fecking dreadful.
Nunez's add ons are very easy to achieve e g. something like 20 appearances etc, and not of the winning CL or Balon d'Or types.

I think the nature of his easily achieved addons to reach 100m euros probably helped Ajax sell Antony for so much (and without Balon d'Or types clauses).