Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Annoying.

I don’t understand all the laughing smileys, though. To me it sounds like a price was agreed, but Liverpool medics found something they didn’t like, hence we didn’t want to pay the agreed upon fee. Not really unreasonable as far as I’m concerned. Be interesting to see if another club will pay what we won’t.
I'm not going to laugh because our new signing came within a whisker of being seriously injured.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
If that's true you should have cancelled the deal, not try to get him on lower price. If his medicals aren't good, why buy him at all then ?
For all we know Liverpool might have wanted to implement some kind of clause related to his injury & based on how many appearances he makes for us. I'd say that was sensible & reasonable wouldn't you ? If we were told it was a 'bought as seen' deal only then we had every right to walk away.

Djemba-Djemba

It won’t happen, just like Van Dijk didn’t happen.
Van Dijk arrived 6 months later than you wanted and for about £15m more than you were set to pay at first.

That was a shambles even if he did eventually go to Liverpool.

This looks a similar shambles too

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Bit weird.
Obviously Pool found something, but if the medical is done after you agree on a price then you either take what you find or you leave it. Going back to rediscuss terms obviously wasn't well received by Lyon.

Guessing Pool pay the agreed price or they don't get the player.

el3mel

For all we know Liverpool might have wanted to implement some kind of clause related to his injury & based on how many appearances he makes for us. I'd say that was sensible & reasonable wouldn't you ? If we were told it was a 'bought as seen' deal only then we had every right to walk away.
Why pay money for a player who's supposedly having a chronic injury and you're worried about how many matches he's gonna play for you ? Doesn't make sense. I would have cancelled the deal immediately if the medicals showed any signs of chronic injury.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Liverpool have a history of unethical practices during transfers. So would not be surprised that this is a stretching of the truth to get a discount on a player.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Agree. I see no reason to laugh at Liverpool based on the current information. Very contrived laughing smileys.
If this was United, you'd have made a criticism of the way they handled this transfer.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't be a summer if we weren't involved in some sort of transfer feck up. Hopefully it gets resolved or we get someone else in. Klopp's record with transfers is good so far so I'm still confident we can end up having a good summer.

haram

Yet people will moan because we haven’t completed all of our signings within 2 days of the window.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Didn't liverpool fail some one else on their medical a few years back. Cannot remember who it was but he did not pass the medical. Think it was a heart condition they flagged in the medical.

Edit: Just remembered it was the French player that played for Newcastle and then Chelsea.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Didn't liverpool fail some one else on their medical a few years back. Cannot remember who it was but he did not pass the medical. Think it was a heart condition they flagged in the medical.
I think you are talking about Loic Remy. Ended up at Chelsea.

Come on Jose, you know history repeats itself!

RedDevilUnited369

Interesting turn of events. I can understand that if the medical highlighted issues, Liverpool would want to renegotiate the deal.

Seems like Lyon are mad this came to light before money is exchanged and now, out of anger they pull the deal.

Liverpool however are stupid for not just pulling the deal themselves once whatever medical issues came to light.

Speculation.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why is this embarrassing for Liverpool if Fekir has an injury issue?

Seems like it’d be worse to sign Fekir then see him get a serious injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.