Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Feck me I don't know if this feels like a win. It would have felt much better if they splashed the cash on broken product instead of this

RedDevilUnited369

Wait, he actually had on the kit a did an interview for LFCTV???

Ok, Liverpool can hold the L.

Especially if they did all that before the results of the medical. Hilarious.

cyberman

Apparently so.
Liverpool aren't being mocked for Fekir having a fitness issue, it's the leaking to the press that the deal was done, he passed his medical and had an interview in the can.

C'est Moi Cantona

Because Fekir has a fitness issue?
It does seem an odd one given the number of he's played this last 2 seasons, perhaps Liverpool are just been over careful here.

I wouldn't mind betting some other decent-top club will take a chance on him this summer, and probably get a bargain now Liverpool have tainted him.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It does seem an odd one given the number of he's played this last 2 seasons, perhaps Liverpool are just been over careful here.

I wouldn't mind betting some other decent-top club will take a chance on him this summer, and probably get a bargain now Liverpool have tainted him.
Lyon seem convinced he’s staying.

IrishRedDevil

Apparently so.
Liverpool aren't being mocked for Fekir having a fitness issue, it's the leaking to the press that the deal was done, he passed his medical and had an interview in the can.
Exactly this.

They blew their load before their date fully removed her underwear.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Lyon seem convinced he’s staying.
More like Lyon seem convinced L’pool bottled it

...and I’m suuure they wanted to keep him despite entering negotiations with another club right? Right :wenger:

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
So is the deal dead or not? I smell a dirty tactics from Lyon to get more Money

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

He did? FFS :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So is the deal dead or not? I smell a dirty tactics from Lyon to get more Money
Other way round. Liverpool did all the promo work assuming they could get a cut deal for Fekir based on a medical. Lyon said no.

Loublaze

ATLien

How have they tainted him? Has any more news come out about why the transfer collapsed?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Doubt it - Lyon confirmed he's staying at the club for next season. Looks like he's not going anywhere this window at least.
They also posted an official statement two days ago denying that he was close to joining. It all sounds like games to me.

In any case, if his knee is actually fecked then we're doing the right thing by pulling out/lowballing.

twitter thread suggester
You can really see his quality tonight in just a brief cameo. Really hope the Scousers don't end up getting him.

There’s pleanty of things to kick Liverpool about, especially over the past couple of weeks. However, pulling out of a transfer because the player has an issue just seems very sensible...

This only makes us laugh look sad quite frankly.

We need an rvn

I'm torn between not wanting them to get him in case he's good, or wanting them to get him for a huge fee and wages and he turns out a crock.

Decisions decisions
Moral dilemma. For the players sake you want him to be good and Liverpool fecked up. But would be brilliant from an I hate pool perspective they waste 50m on a player whose a crock.

I'm going for the Liverpool fecked up and he has a brilliant career argument as I saved a spider today even though I'm scared of them so this evening I'm in a peaceful mood and wouldn't harm a soul right now

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There’s pleanty of things to kick Liverpool about, especially over the past couple of weeks. However, pulling out of a transfer because the player has an issue just seems very sensible...

This only makes us laugh look sad quite frankly.
There's only one person saying that Liverpool pulled out of the transfer though. Rest are saying that Liverpool tried to negotiate down the price due to medical results and Lyon said no and things stopped there.

The one thing I'd kick Liverpool about is being so leaky with all this transfer stuff. At least with Fabinho they had leaked it right as it was being completed but with Fekir they've been leaking it for the past few weeks which has just ended up pissing Lyon off. Even their lineups get leaked. They're in a worse state than we were on that front a few years ago, though they've been signing better players.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You can't even spell 'plenty' ffs.
Liverpool didn't even pull out

Reliable English and French news -> done deal
Reliable French news -> 70m euros fee
Reliable English news -> 60m euros fee

Liverpool tried to get a discount and failed. Wouldn't surprise me if they come in again with a bigger offer.

kafkawithaspirin

Supports
Liverpool
Why pay money for a player who's supposedly having a chronic injury and you're worried about how many matches he's gonna play for you ? Doesn't make sense. I would have cancelled the deal immediately if the medicals showed any signs of chronic injury.
Probably because his condition doesn't neccessarily materializes in a long term injury or injuries, just makes that more likely compared to a healthy player. The same way SAF apparently overlooked Henderson because he thought his weird run would cause him problems down the road, while Liverpool didn't. Not like he is destined to end up crocked because of it (though it looks like that might be the case), just made him a riskier option in Ferguson's opinion.
Or the same way Liverpool deemed Remy's heart condition to be a deal breaker, while Chelsea didn't.
It also makes perfect sense if you, as a buyer want that risk displayed in the purchase price.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The first person who broke the news when none of the English media even got an hint about this weeks ago was this guy:
https://twitter.com/Tanziloic

He's saying that Liverpool lowered down the price after agreeing the deal, if there's an issue with the knee why the feck would they even consider doing a deal at any price? This is not the first time that Liverpool has very publicly embarrassed themselves on a transfer deal, so they don't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They've basically got the kid through the door, done the medical and press photos/videos and then said "actually how about a little bit less money?".

They've obviously hoped Lyon would budge as it had gone so far, fair fecks to them standing up to them and saying stuff it.

Fekir is a great player and would have been worth 70m i'm sure, unless it's true his knee is in bits then it's crazy.

luke511

Surely the only reason we're not trying to sign this guy is because we're trying to get Bale instead?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Surely the only reason we're not trying to sign this guy is because we're trying to get Bale instead?
Can you imagine the reaction of the scanner when he sees Bale's calves?

Status
Not open for further replies.