Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just look at the #fekirfriday hashtag on twitter. They really a cringe worthy bunch of fans.
Oh come on, everyone is like that about transfers. Your fans are as bad as ours are for it.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Presuming Fabinho, Keita start. Mane, Salah and Firmino. How do you see and where do you see him playing? Not sure you need him?
Originally I was hoping he would’ve played as the most advanced in a midfield three. Having watched a video of his goals/style of play however, I think he would’ve ended up rotating with Mane.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
We would never have such an embarrassing hashtag, only in Liverpool they could create something from freaky friday
I don’t even see what’s wrong with doing that. It’s only a bit of fun on social media.

Irrational.

Jose loves wumming the scouse I can honestly see him taking a look now :lol:
It would be utterly poetic seeing him hijack the deal and seeing Fekir become one of our best players. Then Liverpool would feel how I felt when we missed out on Robben, Ronaldinho, Essien and Hazard when the opposition swooped in out of nowhere and got them from under our noses :(

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Has this turned into another "Klopp is bad, net spend, Mourinho, United, expectations!!!" thing? :lol:

Look, far as Klopp and Liverpool are concerned, look at it this way: when Klopp took over Liverpool, nobody outside their own fans and british media considered Liverpool among the elite football clubs. Now, everybody outside Manchester United fans do

I'd say Klopp's been doing a terrific job and they seem to be on the right track. Let's face it: would they have managed to sign a highly sought-after player like Fabinho two years ago?
Would have They managed to sign highly sought-after players (not) like Nabil Fekir and Fabinho two years ago? :lol::lol::lol:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
It's always just the right thing to do.
You mad?, it's fecking hilarious.
More unjustified green smileys directed at the storied Liverpool Football Club. I'm not having it. Any further unfounded laughter at the expense of the scouse will hopefully be met with censure from the general RedCafe population.

RoyTrenneman

Supports
River,MN UFC,BVB,FC Seoul
I've joined so I can say what I think a club I support (among several) has done wrong. Of the two main LFC forums, one is practically North Korea and the other has mods with mood swings akin to Donald Trump. Opportunity for banter abounds, obviously, but I'll take that over the alternatives.

Missing out on Fekir is a blow, no question in my mind. He would have been a terrific fit (and in theory could still be, it's a long summer) for Liverpool because he can not only play the midfield the way Klopp wants, he's one of the very few that can do Firmino things as a forward almost as well as Firmino.

I'm thrilled with the job Liverpool is doing now of choosing targets and avoiding wasteful spending, but the execution and pursuit of some of those targets is an embarrassment.

I said when the medical exam stuff came out that if LFC tried to change the deal, Aulas would remind them they can walk away and he can keep his captain who their fans love. People in the Scouse-o-sphere laughed and belittled, but it seems that it's exactly what happened. It's not like it was a secret that Fekir had a serious knee injury, you knew that going into negotiations. Was never going to fly.

You all here are having your fun and I can't blame you, I would certainly be if it was a rival club. I think Liverpool is still going to be good, but this takes my enthusiasm and optimism down a peg, partly due to losing what would have been a very good player, and partly because it's summertime amateur hour again.

Reactions: Sultan

Yagami

Good post resistant
There is a God and Fekir has somehow risen from the dead!

WPMUFC

I find it utterly bizarre that liverpool didn't sort out the conditions of the negotiation before the medical. Liverpool rightly should be concernd about the knee and seek a lower deal if there is genuine concern. Yet the image we are getting is that they discussed a deal, agreed a fee, he had a medical and then liverpool went back in with a lower bid based on the medical. None of which was discussed with OL before the medical.

It seems like an extremely sloppy process on liverpool's behalf.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Courtesy of The Liverpool Way (and others named in the post):

TLW said:
I pulled this off TIA's forum. I have no knowledge of the reliability of those tweeting, albeit one is informative when it comes to the treatment of ACL injuries, if nothing else.

SimonBrundish
@SimonBrundish
Seems fekir failed his medical because someone just realised he had an allograft not autograft on his ACL 2 yrs ago. John Henry only likes Autografts as he is a trustee of the hospital that invented the surgery in 1979

11:54 AM - Jun 8, 2018 · Hilton, England

tanveer chohan
@TanSinghChohan
FEKIR MEDICAL: A DOCTOR'S PERSPECTIVE.Through various sources, it has become clear that Liverpool had an issue with Fekir's medical assessment. For the medical, they would have had full access to his notes, scans and operation details. He had an ACL reconstruction in 2015. (1 of 3)
5:37 PM - 9 Jun 2018

tanveer chohan‏
@TanSinghChohan
.....These reconstructions are usually done by taking a tendon from one of the leg muscles and attaching it to the knee [an autograft] or taking a tendon from an organ donor [allograft]. Through looking at studies comparing the two methods, we know that Allografts are... (2 of 3)

tanveer chohan‏
@TanSinghChohan
...associated with a higher failure rate, particularly in younger, more active patients. This is why Liverpool see the outlay of circa £50mill a huge risk for someone who will be playing high octane "heavy metal football" or perhaps a bargaining chip for the astute Edwards? (3of3)

RoyTrenneman

Supports
River,MN UFC,BVB,FC Seoul
Brundish said later in the thread that he was joking, so not sure if the doctor has read Brundish's post but not the replies, or if he knows something and Brundish was actually not kidding.

If he actually did know something at the time he posted that, he's the only real ITK on Liverpool Twitter.

It's all crazy. Just an embarrassment and a blight on an otherwise really positive last few windows.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Between fans, pundits and journalists, Liverpool seem to have a million unpaid PR employees. It's been that way for decades, and it's bloody irritating.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Between fans, pundits and journalists, Liverpool seem to have a million unpaid PR employees. It's been that way for decades, and it's bloody irritating.
I’ve been trying to figure out why this transfer saga embarrasses Liverpool.

Fekir had a medical. Liverpool had issues with his fitness. Liverpool asked Lyon to lower the fee. Lyon said no. Deal couldn’t be done.

I don’t see why that’s embarrassing.

Ahsan_6386

Fekir had a medical. Liverpool had issues with his fitness. Liverpool asked Lyon to lower the fee. Lyon said no. Deal couldn’t be done.

It is embarrassing because as always they started leaking the transfer details before hand . Then getting the player to give interview to their official channel and going full on PR with jersey reveal without actually being done with the medical and revelations behind it all the while leaking stories all over the internet . Then trying to show off how they got the player for lower price than being written around inspite of having settled for a higher price with Lyon. Thinking they can arm twist Lyon in to renegotiating using the medical report and then being told to get lost by Lyon since the whole process was insulting to Lyon as Liverpool tried to control the whole narrative as the big boss without taking Lyon into confidence . This is total shoddy work and arrogance on Liverpool's part forgetting how they have embarrassed themselves earlier with RB Leipzig and Southampton .

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yeah but apart from Liverpool fans they don't fool anyone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Because A) you were unable to sign the player you wanted to sign who has seemingly been a Liverpool player for ages now, and B) renogiating the fee after the medical is just funny. "His knee seems fecked but we'll pay you shitloads anyway. How about 10 million less?" I mean, Lyon know all about his medical situation. There's no chance they're going to back down from a supposedly agreed fee.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It is embarrassing because as always they started leaking the transfer details before hand . Then getting the player to give interview to their official channel and going full on PR with jersey reveal without actually being done with the medical and revelations behind it all the while leaking stories all over the internet . Then trying to show off how they got the player for lower price than being written around inspite of having settled for a higher price with Lyon. Thinking they can arm twist Lyon in to renegotiating using the medical report and then being told to get lost by Lyon since the whole process was insulting to Lyon as Liverpool tried to control the whole narrative as the big boss without taking Lyon into confidence . This is total shoddy work and arrogance on Liverpool's part forgetting how they have embarrassed themselves earlier with RB Leipzig and Southampton .
:lol: This part is brilliant.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Because A) you were unable to sign the player you wanted to sign who has seemingly been a Liverpool player for ages now, and B) renogiating the fee after the medical is just funny. "His knee seems fecked but we'll pay you shitloads anyway. How about 10 million less?" I mean, Lyon know all about his medical situation. There's no chance they're going to back down from a supposedly agreed fee.
We are unwilling to pay 70m euros for a player with fecked knees, we'll instead pay 60m euros. Doesn't even make sense.

Last edited:

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Yeah that doesn't make sense. We are unwilling to pay 70m euros for a player with fecked knees, we'll instead pay 60m euros. Doesn't even make sense.
Maybe insurance costs were raised because of his knee, and Liverpool wants it covered.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
We are unwilling to pay 70m euros for a player with fecked knees, we'll instead pay 60m euros. Doesn't even make sense.
Exactly, why would you want to bring in a player who you suspect has injury issues? Is there really no one else out there who they can target? What's the point of paying high costs while knowing he has a suspect knee?

Poor negotiating from Liverpool, ofcourse it would've been discouraging to see the results of the medical show a bad knee, but just accept it and move on to the next target.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's a shame, I would like to see Fekir in the Premier league and it's a bit sad for him that his medical failed him in his move. It doesn't sound promising for a long career at the top.

Goochy

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fan and I agree with this.

Reactions: golden_blunder

TheReligion

Abusive

The conduct of the club doesn't look particularly good from a distance. And not for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.