Naby Keita

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Sorry to see him go if true. Would like to see him get a run in the team and injury free. If he does go I’m sure Klopp and Edwards will have a plan to spend the money wisely.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Not a slight on you @Samid, but I find it remarkable that journalists and newspapers are continuing transfer gossip during this time. The resume of football itself is far from certain, let alone the movement of players. I also suspect the general public will be non-too-pleased about clubs squandering tens of millions on players when half the population are struggling for basic needs due to the high unemployment rates we’re unfortunately going to endure.

Anyway, I digress: Keita is woeful and amongst the biggest flops to ever play in England. A stats-loving virgin’s wet dream of a footballer if there ever was one.
Well what is the alternative? There are enough journalists covering the virus outbreak as it is. There is no shortage of reporters working on bringing this to the public eye. So either he follows his job description and reports on sports and brings some semblance of normalcy to people, or he takes leave of absence from his job.

I understand that it might seem petty, even a bit tactless to reprot on transfer rumors while 2500 people have lost their lives in italy. But you CAN already read about that everywhere. You CAN volounteer in your community and you CAN choose to only read the news that seem important to you.

Think of it like this. We're in a very unprecedented time now. The last thing we need is a farther removal from normalcy than we already have.

I don't particularly care about transfer gossip as anything other than something I glance through in 2 seconds, nor does it take priority over literally anything else in my life. For example I am currently a bit more concerned about the longevity of my companies and my employees who are going to be affected by this situation eventually.

But I still come here to post and discuss because its a welcome escape from the grim reality that things are very different and very serious. So that's why people still report on transfer rumors, celebrity news and basically anything that is unimportant, because its their job and the alternative is that they don't have a job to go to. That being said. Everything right now is precautioary. Most of us are bonding over a collective effort to protect those in society who are at risk. Its a beautifult thing and maybe we'll all be better for it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I think he's done ok when he's played, especially this season (I thought he was a bit naff last year).
I think we can all agree that Keita has never come close to the hype when he was bought by Liverpool. Professionally, the transfer has been a big dissapointment for all parties. Hope he manages to revive his career if he leaves

Judas

Open to offers
A massive massive flop, if Liverpool hadn't been so successful in this period there would be a lot more made of such a failure of a transfer he's been.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He will come good eventually with a run of games injury free, can't expect him to play at a high level when he has to constantly spend time on the sidelines because of injuries.

Wijnaldums form has been great though, can see why it would be difficult for Keita to get into the team with Gino playing at that level. Think Klopp would be making the wrong choice to let him go unless they feel they feel he is on top high wages and his injury problems will persist long term.

romufc

Funnily enough he cost the same as Fred, yet no one would mention him being a flop.

Sylar

Remember Jamie Redknapp saying that Keita looks like hes been playing with Liverpool for 8 years.

This was 8 minutes into a match (was it his debut?)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Imagine if we'd spent 70m on a player and he couldn't even get in the team over the likes of Milner or Lallana :lol:

According to the caf though Prince Klopp NEVER gets anything wrong. Just shows that sometimes not every transfer works out, you need an element of luck too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can everyone just admit now that this is a player that's just not going to come good, I genuinely forgot all about him until I saw the Liverpool bench just then

Complete and utter flop

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
His injury record has been atrocious. Breaks down all the time. I’d say flop.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Can everyone just admit now that this is a player that's just not going to come good, I genuinely forgot all about him until I saw the Liverpool bench just then

Complete and utter flop
He's already come good this season when he is actually fit.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Fitness is as important as talent. People use the former as an excuse for a player not being a flop.

He is an awful signing.

Devil81

Phil Jones used to look good sometimes.
I've heard he now valets the other players cars in the car park at Carrington!!

Seriously though, does anyone know if he actually turns up to Carrington every day, I've not seen or heard of him for ages. I know he's supposed to be injured but it's a proper farce the situation with him.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
The annoying thing about Keita is, at this point, it's just about his fitness. The first year and a half he veered between out of sorts and injured with a class game every two months. The last 12 months I think he's often one of the best players on the pitch when he gets on. He was man of the match against Crystal Palace, I thought, and I don't think it's a coincidence that we've looked far worse in attack in his absence. He's matured into the team and is capable of causing numerous problems for the opposition through the centre. However, it's kind of last chance saloon at this point, if he can't stay fit for at least a few months now there's not a lot of hope.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The one poor signing along with the Ox that Klopp has made.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Fitness is as important as talent. People use the former as an excuse for a player not being a flop.

He is an awful signing.
Excuse? Talent is something scouts can judge, if that's the reason a player fails then the club who signed him has failed as well. But a player who missed like 12 games in four years suddenly missing 50 games in 2.5 years is not.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Excuse? Talent is something scouts can judge, if that's the reason a player fails then the club who signed him has failed as well. But a player who missed like 12 games in four years suddenly missing 50 games in 2.5 years is not.
Yep, the club failed too.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The one poor signing along with the Ox that Klopp has made.
err...

Karius
Minamino
Oxlade
Keita
Thiago
Shaqiri
Klavan
Solanke

Are all Klopp signings that haven been poor to average. Maybe one or two will turn it around, but I sincerely doubt it.

You can probably add Tsimikas, Kabak and possibly Davies once they actually get some minutes.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Disgraceful tackle today by him. Should be banned retrospectively.