Nagelsmann, Rose and Hasenhuttl

Who is the better coach, or who do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxbatt

Who is the better coach? If it was a choice between these three who would you rather take over at United?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why? They got more out of worse players than we have. Can our players not run as much or something?
Our guys ran alot when Ole came in and then they gradually stopped. We dont have the work ethic to play any of the style these 3 would want.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
None of them. None of them will be picked. They won't make it here.

Infra-red

I think that Nagelsmann is probably the best of the three, but also the one we're least likely to be able to get.

Any of them would be a welcome addition and would surely represent an improvement compared to what we have generally had to witness for the last seven years. However, I think that when the time comes to replace Ole, the club will still be stuck in the mindset of looking for a 'manager' rather than a head coach, which probably rules this lot out.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We need to sign a new team for any one of those guys.
We have a better team than all of the teams they are currently over performing with.

At this point I’d take Paul Ince up on his offer from 2 years ago. At least we’ll shoot more. If you know you know..

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Our guys ran alot when Ole came in and then they gradually stopped. We dont have the work ethic to play any of the style these 3 would want.
Disagree. We are not playing the style needed because Ole is not implementing the style. Oles tactics are to rely on individual brilliance rather than collective brilliance.

I just read a poster there that during match day, ole could take a trip to McDonalds while the match is on and the match would go the same way as if he were there. We are relying on individual brilliance of Bruno, Rashford and others to win games.

If you switched managers last night, as in you had Ole managing RB and Nagglesman managing us, we would have hammered them 5 nil.

The buck ultimately stops with the manager. Van Gaal said early into Oles tenure that he (as in Ole) was very Mourinhoesque.

Look at what Hansi Flick could achieve in six months with Bayern.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think that Nagelsmann is probably the best of the three, but also the one we're least likely to be able to get.

Any of them would be a welcome addition and would surely represent an improvement compared to what we have generally had to witness for the last seven years. However, I think that when the time comes to replace Ole, the club will still be stuck in the mindset of looking for a 'manager' rather than a head coach, which probably rules this lot out.
Why do you think that? I think there are only a handful of managers who wouldn't want to be our manager.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can it not be coached? Out of the 20-30 professional footballers on our books, we can't put together a team with the right work ethic? Was it pure coincidence that Southampton had the team to play that way when Hasenhuttl went there?

We're a really unlucky club aren't we. Fancy not being able to hire the more sought after managers because we don't have any players for them. Better just keep Ole indefinitely then.

Infra-red

Why do you think that? I think there are only a handful of managers who wouldn't want to be our manager.
A talented, young, up and coming manager would have to be pretty daft to take on United, given what everyone now knows about how dysfunctional the club is. I don't think Nagelsmann would touch us with a barge pole when he eventually leaves RBL; not when he's likely to have most of the top clubs in Europe to pick from.

We're much more likely to attract someone who's down on his luck, over the hill or looking for a payday. Someone like Allegri, Zidane (if Madrid fires him) or maybe Pochettino (if he can't find a job).

Berbaclass

Can it not be coached? Out of the 20-30 professional footballers on our books, we can't put together a team with the right work ethic? Was it pure coincidence that Southampton had the team to play that way when Hasenhuttl went there?

We're a really unlucky club aren't we. Fancy not being able to hire the more sought after managers because we don't have any players for them. Better just keep Ole indefinitely then.
Yes it can be coached. I'm pretty sure when Poch was on MNF they showed Spurs were amongst the lowest in distance covered but then became top when Poch came in. Obviously that does require the players to take on board his ideas and commit to the system though.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Nagelsmann 100%. He's accomplished more than the other two and has had great performances with both a relegation threatened team in Hoffenheim and a bigger club at RB.

And he's still only 33! That's an insane age for someone with his ability, it would be akin to a 16 year old being a starter for a top 4 team. One can only imagine how good he can become if he has a better team and with time.

Berbaclass

A talented, young, up and coming manager would have to be pretty daft to take on United, given what everyone now knows about how dysfunctional the club is. I don't think Nagelsmann would touch us with a barge pole when he eventually leaves RBL; not when he's likely to have most of the top clubs in Europe to pick from.

We're much more likely to attract someone who's down on his luck, over the hill or looking for a payday. Someone like Allegri, Zidane (if Madrid fires him) or Pochettino (if he can't find a job).
Nagelsmann wouldn't think he would be able to turn that around?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Of course it can be coached. Some players like Pogba wont adhere to the plan, but most of our players would.

Skills

Snitch
I think the question should be - which of the three is the best fit for the squad of players we've already spent the best part of a £1bn on?

Answer is, I'm not really sure. Maybe that's why DOFs are paid millions, as they're the guys who make that type of call at the big clubs in Europe.

tomaldinho1

Personally I like Hasenhuttl but maybe that's because I have more information on Soton before he came in, the fact he is where he is despite their squad quality is staggering. What I will never understand is the retrospective posters who will claim players like Romeu, Adams, Armstrong and Redmond are actually really good players, when they were considered absolute dross before he came in.

All I want from a United manager is for me to be able to see what they are saying we are training. Ole bangs on about scoring goals, pressing teams and outworking them but we only scored 66 goals last year in the league, we still can't press after 2 years with him and that's with heavy spending. Hasenhuttl has a team that was about to go down and haven't really spent money (and lost Hojberg) in 5th!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They're all used to working with a DOF.

If our owners have no intention of changing the basic structure at United, one should keep this rather important detail in mind when weighing up possible manager candidates.

Just sayin'.

Infra-red

Nagelsmann wouldn't think he would be able to turn that around?
Why take the chance on a club who's average league finish in the last seven years is fifth, when Bayern/Juve/Madrid/City would offer him a guaranteed shot at the big trophies.

Berbaclass

Why take the chance on a club who's average league finish in the last seven years is fifth, when Bayern/Juve/Madrid/City would offer him a guaranteed shot at the big trophies.
Ego. Who doesn't want to be the manager that finally turned around Manchester United after so many tried and failed?

Murray3007

to be fair i would be looking to bring in Ralf Rangnick til the end of the season then let him move to be director of football and let him pick the next manager, he would have good chance to see what these players have and how they could work in a system or get rid.

3KDré

Hassenhuttl takes it for me. Southampton have been brilliant since the 9-0 with a squad that should be fighting relegation he is currently 5th. Even if you look past that, you can see how well drilled his team is. But, not only does he seem like a great coach, but I think he would relish the challenge here at United. He seems to have a mentality fit for United.

Skills

Snitch
The fact that none of those jobs are available at the moment? And that we pay managers an obscene amount of money?

You don't think Liverpool were anything short of a mess when Klopp joined them?

Infra-red

Ego. Who doesn't want to be the manager that finally turned around Manchester United after so many tried and failed?
I'm sure his ego would be suitably massaged with multiple Bundesliga trophies at Bayern.

If he comes to United, there's a big risk he'd fail. That's something you can recover from if you have a trophy haul from another big club to fall back on, but it would be a reckless move for someone still in the fledgling part of their career.

If he's got any sense, he'll want to go and get some trophies under his belt before taking big chances. He's only 33 - there will be plenty of other opportunities for him to take on a fallen giant 'project' like United or Milan.

Berbaclass

I'm sure his ego would be suitably massaged with multiple Bundesliga trophies at Bayern.

If he comes to United, there's a big risk he'd fail. That's something you can recover from if you have a trophy haul from another big club to fall back on, but it would be a reckless move for someone still in the fledgling part of their career.

If he's got any sense, he'll want to go and get some trophies under his belt before taking big chances. He's only 33 - there will be plenty of other opportunities for him to take on a fallen giant 'project' like United or Milan.
Why would he go to Bayern? Who says they even want him now they have Flick?

Infra-red

The fact that none of those jobs are available at the moment? And that we pay managers an obscene amount of money?

You don't think Liverpool were anything short of a mess when Klopp joined them?
The United job isn't available at the moment, either. Let's see what jobs are going in the summer.

Skills

Snitch
The United job isn't available at the moment, either. Let's see what jobs are going in the summer.
So make it available by sacking our inept manager - like Liverpool did by sacking Rodgers.

Infra-red

So make it available by sacking our inept manager - like Liverpool did by sacking Rodgers.
I'm sure that is what we will eventually do, I just don't think Nagalesmann will be in the running for replacing him. One thing we've learnt in the last 7 years is that the club will nearly always take the easy option. It's going to be someone who's cheap to acquire and immediately available without any hassle. Allegri or Pochettino would be my guesses - possibly Zidane if/when Madrid fire him. Nagelsmann will have his eye on the long term and trophies.

Skills

Snitch
I'm sure that is what we will eventually do, I just don't think Nagalesmann will be in the running for replacing him. and immediately available without any hassle. Allegri or Pochettino would be my guesses - possibly Zidane if/when Madrid fire him. Nagelsmann will have his eye on the long term and trophies.
None of our managers have been cheap. Mourinho was the highest paid manager in the league (earned more than either Klopp or Guardiola) and even someone as unqualified as Ole is one of the highest paid managers around.

In fact, we are far more generous with our managers than any other club around. A managers value at Madrid for example is closer to a condom rather than it is to a deity like figure it is at this club.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thanks for that - I suspected that would be the case because I'm not daft enough to think these managers just got lucky that they inherited players that play their football. These things can be coached, it's just that some coaches are better at teaching players to do things than others, that's what sets them apart.

And it kills the argument that we would need to completely rebuild if we wanted to replace Ole with any of these 3 managers.