Name a better footballer than Phil Jones - Twitter UK

Zen86

I don't accept 'hijacked'. They should have barriers and methods in place to ensure that is impossible, or fully accept consequences if it is.

Hijacked or otherwise, club should make an official protest and recompense of some means should be negotiated.
I’m not saying the account was hacked, but it happens all time and with a lot more offensive content than this.

90 + 5min

What is twitter UK and what does they even do? I don't get it. What is point of them/it/whatever it is? I'm not being ironic.

Haters will always hate.

dbs235

Surprised at everyone jumping to his defence here when they’re all too happy to abuse him themselves on here. His picture in the performance thread says it all, this place ain’t any better.
Correct, same with referees too. Michael Oliver thread he's called a cnut, prick and cretin and more all the way through because of decisions he makes in a football game.

stevoc

Surprised at everyone jumping to his defence here when they’re all too happy to abuse him themselves on here. His picture in the performance thread says it all, this place ain’t any better.
I would say theres a bit of a difference between someone on here calling him a clown or whatever in frustration after a match. And the official account of one of the biggest social media platforms on the planet targeting him for mockery.

stevoc

Correct, same with referees too. Michael Oliver thread he's called a cnut, prick and cretin and more all the way through because of decisions he makes in a football game.
Insulting referees is a long standing tradition in football.

Charlie Foley

Dick move, so much so that I’m inclined to think it’s someone hijacking the account. Incredible if not.
Looks like at least someone running that account is an Arsenal fan so I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t hacked.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You surely recognise the difference between a bunch of mummy's boys kids who never leave their house anonymously ranting on a forum, and an official account of a massive platform?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You surely recognise the difference between a bunch of mummy's boys kids who never leave their house anonymously ranting on a forum, and an official account of a massive platform?
I think what actually seperates people insulting someone on a board and on Twitter is that the subject of abuse is actually very likely to see the abuse if they go through their notifications, social media platforms give fans basically a direct line of contact to the person in question. Not to say that makes insulting anyone on this board okay.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think what actually seperates people insulting someone on a board and on Twitter is that the subject of abuse is actually very likely to see the abuse if they go through their notifications, social media platforms give fans basically a direct line of contact to the person in question. Not to say that makes insulting anyone on this board okay.
Yep, you're right. I get some reasons why famous people have a twitter, but constantly getting idiots thrashing abuse over would surely get old quickly.

It's annoying enough on here if you get into a little argument. Imagine 1000s of people specifically gunning for you!

I just saw a David Baddiel thread on facebook, after he talked about twitter allowing Wiley to spiel his racist nonsense recently.
90% of the responses were slagging Baddiel off, and ignoring the actual issue at stake. Many posts were dreadful whataboutism

Dante

Average bang
I think it's just as bad when it's Manchester United "fans" doing it on the biggest Manchester United forum in the world. Opposition fans giving you stick is a part of the job, by comparison.

Granted, Twitter has a bigger footprint than the Caf. But footballers who Google themselves will end up here just as surely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it's just as bad when it's Manchester United "fans" doing it on the biggest Manchester United forum in the world. Opposition fans giving you stick is a part of the job, by comparison.

Granted, Twitter has a bigger footprint than the Caf. But footballers who Google themselves will end up here just as surely.
Yes, but i'd probably be less worried by some clown with Ronaldo in their username on a forum, than i would be by some actual real person under their own account. That'd feel more real and sinister to me.

LARulz

What the hell is up with that feed? All those tweets from that account are ridiculous. Is that their official thing?

Spark

I don't accept 'hijacked'. They should have barriers and methods in place to ensure that is impossible, or fully accept consequences if it is.

Hijacked or otherwise, club should make an official protest and recompense of some means should be negotiated.
Should definitely demand compensation. The difference in valuations for one player from Dortmund should just about cover it, I reckon.

Woodzy

If Twitter posted a tweet telling me I’m shit at my job I’d be pretty upset tbh. Not acceptable.

BetRed

How is that abuse? Abuse would be personal attacks, not whether he is a very good footballer. He would be delusional if he thought he was actually good.
You can't be serious?

Phil Jones, whatever you Think of him, is a professional footballer at one of the biggest clubs in the World. He's won multiple titles for his club and has a decent amount of caps for England. This suggest that he's at the highest level of professional football. Whether or not he belongs there now is up to club/manager. In the biggest sport and most competitve sport on the planet he's made it that far. I would say it is highly impressive and I would gladly achieve the same if possible.

But you spend countless of hours debatting on a forum which single purpose is to generate opinion from fans of Man Utd. The team which he represents and pays him millions to do so. Get out of you moms basement and join the real World mate. You don't have a clue.

Only a few weeks since everyone was praising Luke Chadwick when he opened up about the bullying and ridicule he endured for years. He suffered serious mental health problems, for other people laughing at his looks.

The outcry after Caroline Flack killed herself after a media witch hunt. The all #bekind stuff lasts a few weeks.

People forget so easy.

Jones' career has not turned out as hoped but ultimately (and yes he earns a feck ton of money) he's human and is not immune to the impacts of on going abuse. Same applies for Lingard.

Many people experience bullying in their own life either at school, work etc. Which is horrible to endure. But non of us understand the impact public ridicule and bullying on this scale can have on and individual.

Society needs to change, but is doubtful. But as United fans we need to defend our own. I'm all for criticism of performance on the pitch, but personally I think this forum and others should be removing purely abusive stuff.

LVGSdive

Only a few weeks since everyone was praising Luke Chadwick when he opened up about the bullying and ridicule he endured for years. He suffered serious mental health problems, for other people laughing at his looks.

The outcry after Caroline Flack killed herself after a media witch hunt. The all #bekind stuff lasts a few weeks.

People forget so easy.

Jones' career has not turned out as hoped but ultimately (and yes he earns a feck ton of money) he's human and is not immune to the impacts of on going abuse. Same applies for Lingard.

Many people experience bullying in their own life either at school, work etc. Which is horrible to endure. But non of us understand the impact public ridicule and bullying on this scale can have on and individual.

Society needs to change, but is doubtful. But as United fans we need to defend our own. I'm all for criticism of performance on the pitch, but personally I think this forum and others should be removing purely abusive stuff.
What media which hunt did Caroline Flack get? Every article I have read about her portrayed her as a victim. Even after she admitted that she attacked her boyfriend.

Skills

Snitch
Should sue them and state it had an adverse effect on his transfer value

abkmufc92

So you lot shit on him week in week out on here and other forum sites but once it done by an official twitter account or anything more popular it's not ok?

What a bunch of hypocrites you lot are.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
So you lot shit on him week in week out on here and other forum sites but once it done by an official twitter account or anything more popular it's not ok?

Erm, the ones shitting on him on this forum are not necessarily the same ones saying Twitter are shit here. There's more than a couple of members, and, to everyone's surprise, they don't agree about everything.

Number32

He has a lot of time lurking on social media, but I don't know if Phil Jones was reading some posts of United forum too?

He is not playing for ages and injure, this jokes is coming out of no where from anyone who just want to abuse him in internet so everyone can see.

Glorio

Agree. It's wrong either way - it's supposed to be common decency to respect others.

Folks feel they have a right to disrespect, degrade, and abuse people just because they happen to be doing their jobs in the public domain. It's just wrong, whether in the heat of the moment or not. It's fine to analyse someone's performance positively of negatively, but to attack the person is just low. Not sure what people think gives them the right. The most stupid excuse I've seen is "he gets paid millions to do it so he should live with it", what ignorance!

Just on the side, sometimes I wonder how well most of us would fare if every aspect of our performances at work were made into worldwide viewing spectacles like it is with sports people. :eek:

Panther

I wonder if people would feel the same way if it was about Dejan Lovren or Karius, and not a United player.

Tony247

What kind of footballer is jones is irrelevant here. Some institute officially mocking someone is way different than fans banter. Well the damage is done. Sue them Phil..sue them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I still remember when we first signed Jones, people compared and call him new Duncan Edwards.

Nikelesh Reddy

How is that abuse? Abuse would be personal attacks, not whether he is a very good footballer. He would be delusional if he thought he was actually good.
Yeah..,He ended up at Man United despite being completely hopeless....

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
This is only a problem because the official Twitter UK account did it.

Jones is ridiculed a lot in other smaller platforms, and no one bat an eye.
Well, that is normal somehow no? If you call him shit in a pub it isnone thing, but it was an official account. There is a difference