"Name on the trophy"

I'm always right

I was already worrying about this walking out of the Allianz at the end of the first leg but after last night I'm almost convinced. In fact it would've been quite fitting if Clive Tyldesley was commentating on the game and revisted his famous line after Arjen Robben's goal.

As soon as young Rafael got his marching orders last night I had the same sinking feeling as I did when PIG was sent off against Portsmouth in one of the most one-sided games I've ever seen at Old Trafford. Somehow, someway, Portsmouth actually won that game and then bizarrly went on to win the F.A. Cup.

The amount of things that have gone Bayern's way over the first 2 knockout rounds is incredible to say the least.

First this :eek:

Followed by this

then this

and finally this

Who can watch that without wanting to smash that ugly little French face by the way?... well not me that's for sure.

So then, Bayern... worth a punt? Best odds are 49/10 with betfair.

EDIT - 22-April - It continues - Check out the fluky header

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I was already worrying about this walking out of the Allianz at the end of the first leg but after last night I'm almost convinced. In fact it would've been quite fitting if Clive Tyldesley was commentating on the game and revisted his famous line after Arjen Robben's goal.

As soon as young Rafael got his marching orders last night I had the same sinking feeling as I did when PIG was sent off against Portsmouth in one of the most one-sided games I've ever seen at Old Trafford. Somehow, someway, Portsmouth actually won that game and then bizarrly went on to win the F.A. Cup.

The amount of things that have gone Bayern's way over the first 2 knockout rounds is incredible to say the least.

First this :eek:

Followed by this

then this

and finally this

Who can watch that without wanting to smash that ugly little French face by the way?... well not me that's for sure.

So then, Bayern... worth a punt? Best odds are 49/10 with betfair.
Always worth a punt. I always felt they were really dangerous opponents and have a resolve about them even when down.

Anyone other than Barca in the final and they will win it IMO. I know Jose might have something to say about that but I think they would have just enough to beat Inter

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
They have a terrible defense, Barca would cut them to shreds.

REd FUn DevIl

Looking at that, i dont think thats a fault to sent off a player, it was more to do with pressing the referee. FFS.

jazza13

The thing that get's me about rafael's sending off that looking at it again, yes he did catch Ribery over the arm, but it's not like Ribery lost possession or hit the ground. He still has the ball at his feet, but chooses to shove Rafael instead. And judging by the first yellow card that Rafael got, when he kicked out at Badstuber, after he was brought down and no freekick given, it should have been Ribery that gets the yellow card..

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
When I was leaving the stadium last night I heard a guy say that Bayern must have bribed the ref. He must post on RAWK.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I see a Bayern Barca final. Astute as Maureen is I think Barca will have enough to go through (hardly controversial them being european champs an all).

M13

Reserve Team Player
I'm completely different in my opinion to a lot of people on here, it seems.

I think Bayern were the better team over the whole of the 2 legs and on that basis deserved to go through, they may have had advantageous decisions but that's football.

I also think that Bayern's fans are a good lot - they sympathise with the ownership situation and they genuinely love their club. There was great camaraderie between the players and their fans after the game - I in fact stayed to watch them celebrate - not only jealous because they were through, but because they played up to their fans, appreciated their support, and that's more than I can say for our lot (from my personal experience). Very, very jealous in fact. I wish there was a video.

Bayern are a great club, with great fans, but they've had some lucky decisions. I'll be fully behind them winning it this year.

Bangor_Red

The thing that get's me about rafael's sending off that looking at it again, yes he did catch Ribery over the arm, but it's not like Ribery lost possession or hit the ground. He still has the ball at his feet, but chooses to shove Rafael instead. And judging by the first yellow card that Rafael got, when he kicked out at Badstuber, after he was brought down and no freekick given, it should have been Ribery that gets the yellow card..

Thought the same thing myself. cannot understand how raphael didn't get that freekick. 1 small, non goal scoring decision could have made a big difference to our season.

At the same time, what was Raphael thinking by kicking out a badstuber?what was he ever going to achieve, aside from a yellow, not like he was gonna skin our team and score from there.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They won't win the trophy, they will need all the luck in the world to beat Lyon as they did against us and Fiorentina. They're just not that good.

EvilChuck

Yeah they are recieveing good slices of fortune, which you need in knockout tournaments like this. But I do still feel that Barca are too good for the other three teams, even though I think Inter will give them a good game.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
You can only ride lady luck for so long.

But I did think the same thing last night and you could see them beating Barca on penalties (If Messi is kidnapped. Xavi is injured and Iniesta is suspended)

Rob Bowman

Hmm... that Barca bet doesn't look nearly so sweet does it... ;).

Not saying Barca can't get the result but no way was I prepared to watch Inter maul Braca. Who ever wins between those two I hope they win the thing. Sick of Bayern and Lyon are dire :(.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
¤¤bump¤¤
Come on Sharky you can make more of an effort than that...bump...:boring:

Robben again to the rescue but it makes a change from 2-1 at home. Does that make it easier? Name on the trophy could be true if they face Inter in the final and we do usually lose to the winners (more times than not).

I'm always right

Come on Sharky you can make more of an effort than that...bump...:boring:

Robben again to the rescue but it makes a change from 2-1 at home. Does that make it easier? Name on the trophy could be true if they face Inter in the final and we do usually lose to the winners (more times than not).
Sorry Giggsy but Bayerns name is on this, that is all I have to say

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Apart from for everyone who has placed a bet of course. Like thousands of people i.e. thousands of bets. Probably all bets actually. So all on. Bets I mean, yeah?

Word.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I heard the goal was another deflected one for them?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They've been right jammy buggers on a few occasions in the last few rounds really.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
that cnut on GMTV that does sports news keeps referring to them as "Man Utds conquerers"

what a dickhead

Redrage

They are winning it, the omens are clear.

Its better than Barcelona winning, although I'd love it if Inter win.