Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

Short video here and its clear to see there are a lot of similarities.
Funny how you post a video where Nani shows excellent dribbling and finishing given just above it you've absolutely lambasted his finishing. Not sure you thought that one through, really.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
One of the worst finishers, follows by finding 5 clips on youtube, 3 being penalties. Wow that's some cold hard evidence. How dare a player not be great at penalties and miss a shot on goal. Seems like Nani has done something to severely anger you. Also, you couldn't be more wrong when you say everyone wants him back here. You'll probably find a few people do but most see him moving on.

If people got pissed off and sick of him because he didn't become as good as Ronaldo then quite simply, they are Idiots.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Comical!

One of the most half arsed, feeble attempts at a penalty I've seen!

And another! I like the commentary on this myself too! ;)

As the saying goes... I'll save the best for last...

Without doubt the better finishers?????? :wenger:

Well thought out debate? Where? All I see is posts from people with short term memory loss! His name was probably the first to be mentioned with transfers out the last two summers and with good reason!

As for the second highlighted part, he may not of said it (quite the opposite) actually he said he wasn't the next Ronaldo, reality is though on the pitch he done everything in his ability to emulate Ronaldo's playing style. From his constant step overs, flips and tricks and even his running technique was identical. He didn't help himself at all really. As you can see from my evidence above though he didn't have the end product like Ronaldo though and hence Fergie and Utd supporters grew frustrated with him.

Short video here and its clear to see there are a lot of similarities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QgKRhpuXGE
3 videos of penalties... One pre Season and one of a shot from 25 yards out?! I give you he should have scored v arsenal but is that genuinely your attempt at him being a bad finisher.

Off the top of my head, as I'm not finding YouTube clips for you ...

One on one finishing v City twice, one on one dinks v Everton, Chelsea, Spurs, Fulham, West Brom.

Individual goals against Stoke, Wolves, Villa.

And that's not mentioning all the goals he scored from outside the box.

Clear vendetta

LilRicky

Funny how you post a video where Nani shows excellent dribbling and finishing given just above it you've absolutely lambasted his finishing. Not sure you thought that one through, really.
Course he had his moments as well, good and bad like any player. The point I'm making is his returns / end product wasn't and still isn't there enough to justify is keeping him in the hope he might prove himself, finally.

One of the worst finishers, follows by finding 5 clips on youtube, 3 being penalties. Wow that's some cold hard evidence. How dare a player not be great at penalties and miss a shot on goal. Seems like Nani has done something to severely anger you. Also, you couldn't be more wrong when you say everyone wants him back here. You'll probably find a few people do but most see him moving on.

If people got pissed off and sick of him because he didn't become as good as Ronaldo then quite simply, they are Idiots.
Well he said he was one of our better finishers which is absolute nonsense.

Of course Ronaldo is on a different spectrum, sadly Nani done everything on the pitch to try emulate the guy. Hasn't worked out though has it?

Cina

Course he had his moments as well, good and bad like any player. The point I'm making is his returns / end product wasn't and still isn't there enough to justify is keeping him in the hope he might prove himself, finally.
It absolutely was there though, as I proved a few pages back to someone else debunking everything he's done at the club. It hasn't been there in recent seasons and ultimately that's probably why he shouldn't be kept, but saying his end product was never really there for us is silly given there's loads of proof in his assists/goals stat for a period of three years or so to completely justify that it was.

I've almost lost count of the amount of times people come in with similar opinions to yours that are formed on a completely incorrect basis.

LilRicky

3 videos of penalties... One pre Season and one of a shot from 25 yards out?! I give you he should have scored v arsenal but is that genuinely your attempt at him being a bad finisher.

Off the top of my head, as I'm not finding YouTube clips for you ...

One on one finishing v City twice, one on one dinks v Everton, Chelsea, Spurs, Fulham, West Brom.

Individual goals against Stoke, Wolves, Villa.

And that's not mentioning all the goals he scored from outside the box.

Clear vendetta

Joins a discussion, has a difference of opinion to some other people = clear vendetta! :wenger::lol:

It's an open forum isn't it? Wouldn't it be pretty feckin shit if we all agreed on everything? Wouldn't even be a need for The Cafe if that was the case. Very child like approach to take when some one doesn't agree with you to simply suggest vendetta.

No vendetta at all on my part, I have said countless times here he was fantastic for us in the 2010/11 season and it looked like we had ourselves a great winger for the future at the club. His form dipped off and injuries weren't too kind to the guy either.

I'm yet to see anyone address the constant quote here, was he or was he not one of the first names to be mentioned with being sold the last two summers?? I think we all know he answer to that one!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not really wanting to jump into your cute discussion but it seems incredibly stupid to post missed penalties while trying to prove a point that somebody's a shit finisher.

As for Nani himself, he probably will be sold this season, LVG didn't really need him last season so I can't see him keeping Nani when we've brought Memphis in.

I'm yet to see anyone address the constant quote here, was he or was he not one of the first names to be mentioned with being sold the last two summers?? I think we all know he answer to that one!
We're being linked with Garay, Sneijder, Gaitan and some other shitty names every single transfer window for 10 years now but it doesn't mean that they are coming. Same applies for the other way around transfers.

Edit: I've literally made like 10 edits to that second part of my post, my syntax is all over the place.

LilRicky

Not really wanting to jump into your cute discussion but it seems incredibly stupid to post missed penalties while trying to prove a point that somebody's a shit finisher.

As for Nani himself, he probably will be sold this season, LVG didn't really need him last season so I can't see him keeping Nani when we've brought Memphis in.

Further proof of Nani's "shooting abilities" (Forgive me that's its talksport, stats however are compiled by Opta).

http://talksport.com/magazine/top-t...rroll-downing-bale-toure-johnson-and-more?p=4

2nd worst finished at the midpoint of the season in 2011/12 season was Nani - 71/.4% of his shots we're missed. And this was one of Nanis most productive seasons at the club too.

Nice breakdown here, bear in mind this breakdown is done after Nani had his two most productive seasons at the club... Yet Ashley Young provides more output than Nani did.

http://eplindex.com/20338/no-need-for-nani-a-comparison-with-ashley-young.html

LilRicky

We're being linked with Garay, Sneijder, Gaitan and some other shitty names every single transfer window for 10 years now but it doesn't mean that they are coming. Same applies for the other way around transfers.

Edit: I've literally made like 10 edits to that second part of my post, my syntax is all over the place.

I just meant as fans, I'm not talking about the media.

One of the first names at the top of the list from fans to be sold the last few years was Nani. There's good reason for that. I don't know why people are being sentimental or is it memory loss as to how infuriating a player this guy can be?

As for the you tube links, one as posted on the previous page and everyone was drooling over footage put together to make him look great, it works the other way also. Plenty of evidence out there to counter that as well.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I just meant as fans, I'm not talking about the media.

One of the first names at the top of the list from fans to be sold the last few years was Nani. There's good reason for that. I don't know why people are being sentimental or is it memory loss as to how infuriating a player this guy can be?

As for the you tube links, one as posted on the previous page and everyone was drooling over footage put together to make him look great, it works the other way also. Plenty of evidence out there to counter that as well.
Fair enough, I'm not really in the either group because we all know that Nani can produce moments of magic as well as be infuriating cnut who takes a shot from idiotic position 100 times a match, it's a common knowledge really.

m1y2

Watch this and tell me we're not absolutely crying out for this kind of winger, its just so frustrating that Nani wasn't able to keep us that level of performance for us for more then 1/2 years...With the talent he has, he really should have done more with his United career imo.

this compilation is a proof that we should not judge player solely based on videos, this is all world class stuff anybody else being that player we all be after him but we all know how frustrating Nani could be at times, one day world beater next weekend the worst player on the pitch, shame about his consistency and of course some not minor injury problems which definitely put an end to his progress here. I'd love to see the best of him at OT again but I think he would be valuable player and Van Gaal could urn him around like with Young but there are a lot of question marks and we already have the most inconsistent player itn hte league in diMaria so maybe we should let him go, let's develop Depay and Januzaj..

LilRicky

Fair enough, I'm not really in the either group because we all know that Nani can produce moments of magic as well as be infuriating cnut who takes a shot from idiotic position 100 times a match, it's a common knowledge really.
Summed up perfectly and I don't want that again for the season ahead thanks :)

We need to move forward and focus on the wide players we have now. Fergie, Moyes and now LVG have all refused to play him in recent seasons and that should be enough for us as fans to know that we shouldn't take him back.

pablotatt

So all I've seen proven is the fact that Wayne Rooney loves a winger. Luckily we've got Memphis.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Lots of people were influenced by two seasons where he was injury hit. In the final third, he produces good quality. I don't remember too many over hit crosses. He has a good contract and you just never know. When people judge him, you have to go back before the injuries. During those two seasons, he clearly wasn't fit.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Comical!

Well thought out debate? Where? All I see is posts from people with short term memory loss! His name was probably the first to be mentioned with transfers out the last two summers and with good reason!

As for the second highlighted part, he may not of said it (quite the opposite) actually he said he wasn't the next Ronaldo, reality is though on the pitch he done everything in his ability to emulate Ronaldo's playing style. From his constant step overs, flips and tricks and even his running technique was identical. He didn't help himself at all really. As you can see from my evidence above though he didn't have the end product like Ronaldo though and hence Fergie and Utd supporters grew frustrated with him.

Short video here and its clear to see there are a lot of similarities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QgKRhpuXGE
A selection of clips of a player missing a few chances and skying a couple of shots......there's no possible way you could find a video of Ronaldo or Messi doing the same is there? Im not going to get involved in this debate but you could just as easily find clips of Ronaldo missing many chances or skying 20 freekicks/shots before he scores 1. Ronaldo is clearly the better player but you posting those clips hardly supports your argument.

LilRicky

A selection of clips of a player missing a few chances and skying a couple of shots......there's no possible way you could find a video of Ronaldo or Messi doing the same is there? Im not going to get involved in this debate but you could just as easily find clips of Ronaldo missing many chances or skying 20 freekicks/shots before he scores 1. Ronaldo is clearly the better player but you posting those clips hardly supports your argument.

As I mentioned above, others were blowing smoke up his ass because of a you tube clip of his highlights. Its very easy to make a compilation clip of any player to make them look like world class. Feckin hell I remember when we were linked with Anderon and the you tube clips going around of him, honestly you'd of thought we had the next Messi based on the you tube clips of him.

I think my links above showing the Opta stats back up exactly what I was saying, he was not as good a finisher as people here are making him out to be. Ashley Young provided the same out put as him in far less games so again I think its fair to say my argument is valid.

SteveW

Comical!

You're a fecking weirdo

SteveW

Very mature of you. Great in put as well and I've reported your abusive post, really is no need for that.
Fine I guess I'm supposed to criticise the posts not the poster. My apologies.

Your agenda post is feckin weird

NK86

How on earth is there an agenda? What agenda? Where? :wenger:

I actually said he was a quality payer in 2010/11 but his form dipped off, how is that an agenda? Christ on a bike!

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

This time the last two summers his name was at the top of he list to be sold.
No, you said that he performed poorly in the last international and that was typical Nani and he is basically a Ronaldo wannabe. That is what you said. And yet you ask where is the agenda in this?

LilRicky

Fine I guess I'm supposed to criticise the posts not the poster. My apologies.

Your agenda post is feckin weird
Sigh, no agenda. Simply feel our current wingers are better than Nani.

We currently have Di Maria, Just signed Depay and when you add in Young, Mata, Januzaj and Valencia bringing Nani back makes zero sense.

I'd prefer to have Di Maria and Depay as first choice with Mata and Young as cover. Ideally loan out Januzaj for next season to get some more experience.

Looking at the last few pages on here as I did, some people were making him out to be a world class winger (mostly based off of a feckin you tube clip to make him look world class) who provided us with fantastic supply from the wings, which simply put was not true. He had his moments of brilliant goals and some nice bits of skill but the fact is he was never consistent enough to warrant staying here.

Final time I'll say this, taking Nani's most productive period for United (201-12), Ashley Young matched and in some cases out performed him for his returns in less playing time. That should be all the evidence and facts that are needed here.

Three managers, Ferguson, Moyes and now LVG have dropped him from the first team and he is on the cusp of probably being sold, This isn't my opinion this is facts and what has happened to him.

LilRicky

No, you said that he performed poorly in the last international and that was typical Nani and he is basically a Ronaldo wannabe. That is what you said. And yet you ask where is the agenda in this?
And he did perform badly, am I not to say as much when it is true? :lol:

And as I've already said above if you bother to read the thread properly he very much moulded his playing style on Ronaldo.

SteveW

And as I've already said above if you bother to read the thread properly he very much moulded his playing style on Ronaldo.
I think this is one of the things that's annoying everyone. Nani and Ronaldo are extremely different in style and there's absolutely zero evidence to suggest Nani has been trying to model himself on Ronaldo. I believe he's on record stating that he wants to be his own player. It's just a narrative you're trying to ram down everyone's throats. I find it really strange.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Further proof of Nani's "shooting abilities" (Forgive me that's its talksport, stats however are compiled by Opta).

http://talksport.com/magazine/top-t...rroll-downing-bale-toure-johnson-and-more?p=4

2nd worst finished at the midpoint of the season in 2011/12 season was Nani - 71/.4% of his shots we're missed. And this was one of Nanis most productive seasons at the club too.

Nice breakdown here, bear in mind this breakdown is done after Nani had his two most productive seasons at the club... Yet Ashley Young provides more output than Nani did.

http://eplindex.com/20338/no-need-for-nani-a-comparison-with-ashley-young.html
That last link is pretty damning tbh. I had no idea Young ran him so close in terms of productivity, even at a time when Nani had so recently been at his peak. Find it hard to believe tbh. Surely he had more than 10 asssists to his name at that point?

If not, that puts the "no better than Nani" critcism of Di Maria to bed, having matched that return in his very first - underwhelming - season.

Orton

That last link is pretty damning tbh. I had no idea Young ran him so close in terms of productivity, even at a time when Nani had so recently been at his peak. Find it hard to believe tbh. Surely he had more than 10 asssists to his name at that point?

If not, that puts the "no better than Nani" critcism of Di Maria to bed, having matched that return in his very first - underwhelming - season.
Does it? Remember Valencia won our poty that season and his stats were below Nani's and just above Young's. Shows that stats are just too simplistic a way of looking at things. Di Maria racked up decent numbers but I don't think you'll find anyone saying he had a good season.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Does it? Remember Valencia won our poty that season and his stats were below Nani's and just above Young's. Shows that stats are just too simplistic a way of looking at things. Di Maria racked up decent numbers but I don't think you'll find anyone saying he had a good season.
Aha. Those stats are from just one season. My bad. I stupidly thought it was their United careers to date.

Was that Nani's best ever season? The season following the one that had tne game where his renaissance began with a wonder goal against Arsenal? (the one Park almost nicked on the line)

LilRicky

I think this is one of the things that's annoying everyone. Nani and Ronaldo are extremely different in style and there's absolutely zero evidence to suggest Nani has been trying to model himself on Ronaldo. I believe he's on record stating that he wants to be his own player. It's just a narrative you're trying to ram down everyone's throats. I find it really strange.
Of course, he has stated he doesn't want to mould himself on Ronaldo, I did state that above already. The thing is when he plays he does everything to counter that statement by mimicking him in every way. From his step overs, the flicks, back heels and even his running style. Ronaldo has adapted his game since his early days at United of course, at this point his more or less a #9 for Madrid. Whereas Nani never has, he is still the skilled wide player that Ronaldo was back in the day for United.

I'm not trying to ram anything down anyone's throats at all, everyone is entitled to their opinions. There's others here that have stated he isn't consistent enough and is infuriating to have in your team.

Orton

Aha. Those stats are from just one season. My bad. I stupidly thought it was their United careers to date.

Was that Nani's best ever season? The season following the one that had tne game where he came back from the dead and scored that wonder goal against Arsenal? (the one Park almost nicked on the line)
I'd say his best season was the 10/11, stats were good (9g 14a) but consistently from the start of 2010 till the end of 2011 he was magnificent. Young started like a house on fire here too, and afterwards faded miserably (until this past season).

Orton

Of course, he has stated he doesn't want to mould himself on Ronaldo, I did state that above already. The thing is when he plays he does everything to counter that statement by mimicking him in every way. From his step overs, the flicks, back heels and even his running style. Ronaldo has adapted his game since his early days at United of course, at this point his more or less a #9 for Madrid. Whereas Nani never has, he is still the skilled wide player that Ronaldo was back in the day for United.

I'm not trying to ram anything down anyone's throats at all, everyone is entitled to their opinions. There's others here that have stated he isn't consistent enough and is infuriating to have in your team.
I don't get it though, are you saying any wide player who does some tricks is trying to be Ronaldo? You do realise tricky wide players existed before Ronaldo right? Ronaldo became an all out goalscorer. Nani didn't. What's that got to do with anything? Did anyone expect him to? Like I said already, they are idiots if so.

LilRicky

Thanks, I just think people are really over singing his praises on here and trying to bring a sense of reality to the proceedings.

LilRicky

I don't get it though, are you saying any wide player who does some tricks is trying to be Ronaldo? You do realise tricky wide players existed before Ronaldo right? Ronaldo became an all out goalscorer. Nani didn't. What's that got to do with anything? Did anyone expect him to? Like I said already, they are idiots if so.
Some more evidence, this is after 100 games at the club each.

http://www.footieanalyst.com/featured/nani-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-first-100-games-stats/

You can see the similarities, the goal stats of course take a bit of a turn for Ronaldo because he adapted his game from being a winger and edged towards a forward.

Personally I do see the similarities between Nani and the Ronaldo at United in his first 3 seasons when he was a wide player.

Orton

Some more evidence, this is after 100 games at the club each.

http://www.footieanalyst.com/featured/nani-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-first-100-games-stats/

You can see the similarities, the goal stats of course take a bit of a turn for Ronaldo because he adapted his game from being a winger and edged towards a forward.

Personally I do see the similarities between Nani and the Ronaldo at United in his first 3 seasons when he was a wide player.
Well of course there are some similarities when you have 2 players who predominantly play on the wing. Both skillful, like to go past players, try shooting. Does that mean Nani wants to be Ronaldo? No. Pretty much every winger in Portugal/Brazil plays like that.

Steven Seagull

What is this?

LilRicky

What is this?
His stance I mean, everything about the guy reminds me of early days of Ronaldo.

Well of course there are some similarities when you have 2 players who predominantly play on the wing. Both skillful, like to go past players, try shooting. Does that mean Nani wants to be Ronaldo? No. Pretty much every winger in Portugal/Brazil plays like that.
There are different types of wingers you know?

Kanchelskis / Bale are smash and chase type wingers, Then you've Beckham was more about long passes and crossing. Nani / Ronaldo are more style and flair and they fall into the same bracket for me (or they did when Ronaldo was playing wide) and hence I think its fair to say there are comparisons.

Their stats (I know they only tell some of the story) suggest they were very similar also with average shots, crosses, passing. The difference was when Ronaldo changed his playing style on his 4th season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ronaldo and Nani were definitely very similar in style early in their careers at United. Ronaldo just ended up being a lot better, and becoming a goal machine later on

NK86

Do you understand what is riling people up here? Anyone can have a bad game, but you immediately come into this thread and don't discuss his performance. You throw a statement it is typical Nani, whatever that means. Then you go on about how is a Ronaldo wannabe and has failed miserably.

LilRicky

Ronaldo and Nani were definitely very similar in style early in their careers at United. Ronaldo just ended up being a lot better, and becoming a goal machine later on
That's it in a nutshell. I don't think I'm saying anything that isn't already common knowledge.

Do you understand what is riling people up here? Anyone can have a bad game, but you immediately come into this thread and don't discuss his performance. You throw a statement it is typical Nani, whatever that means. Then you go on about how is a Ronaldo wannabe and has failed miserably.
Of course any player can have a bad game or even a string of bad games. My original post probably should of been worded better, so if it did rile people up then apologies for that.

As for the Ronaldo part I think it's been discussed / debated or whatever you want to say ad nausea.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
To those saying Memphis's arrival seals Nani's fate, hasn't Nani generally been better on the right (where Memphis doesn't naturally play)?

Status
Not open for further replies.