Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I am so glad I chose not to engage in this discussion yesterday.

Womp

idiot
To those saying Memphis's arrival seals Nani's fate, hasn't Nani generally been better on the right (where Memphis doesn't naturally play)?
Ay, Nani has been used on the left throughout the last few seasons, further proof he's doing his best to be Ronaldo. :D

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Some more evidence, this is after 100 games at the club each.

http://www.footieanalyst.com/featured/nani-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-first-100-games-stats/

You can see the similarities, the goal stats of course take a bit of a turn for Ronaldo because he adapted his game from being a winger and edged towards a forward.

Personally I do see the similarities between Nani and the Ronaldo at United in his first 3 seasons when he was a wide player.
So, you are blaming him because he shared similar stats to Ronaldo in first 100 apps for us? Great stuff. :lol:

Raptori

Special needs
A selection of clips of a player missing a few chances and skying a couple of shots......there's no possible way you could find a video of Ronaldo or Messi doing the same is there? Im not going to get involved in this debate but you could just as easily find clips of Ronaldo missing many chances or skying 20 freekicks/shots before he scores 1. Ronaldo is clearly the better player but you posting those clips hardly supports your argument.

5 minutes of Ronaldo and Messi missing sitters. They can't finish to save their lives, clearly. :D

LilRicky

So, you are blaming him because he shared similar stats to Ronaldo in first 100 apps for us? Great stuff. :lol:
Not sure what you mean by blame, no blame... simply used stats to show that he was very similar to Ronaldo in his style of play.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Not sure what you mean by blame, no blame... simply used stats to show that he was very similar to Ronaldo in his style of play.
You said he "tried to be Ronaldo" and "emulated Ronaldo" etc, as though it were the cause of his 'downfall'.

LilRicky

You said he "tried to be Ronaldo" and "emulated Ronaldo" etc, as though it were the cause of his 'downfall'.
In a way yes, he should of focused on his own game and developed. Ronaldo did with his game, Nani didn't. There are other factors too of course, injuries, Fergie dropping him after he blamed him for loss against Blackburn I think it was, his confidence was shot.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
In a way yes, he should of focused on his own game and developed. Ronaldo did with his game, Nani didn't. There are other factors too of course, injuries, Fergie dropping him after he blamed him for loss against Blackburn I think it was, his confidence was shot.
Alternately, Nanis own, natural game is simply similar to Ronaldos.

OneUnited24

Rumours suggest Nani is Fenerbahce bound, a little surprised no Italian clubs went in for him. I think he would have been amazing there

Zoo

Manchester United’s Portuguese international Nani is expected to arrive in Istanbul on Thursday to put pen to paper on a deal with Fenerbahce according to the Hurriyet.

According to the daily newspaper, Fenerbahce have agreed a €8.4 million fee for Nani and a €3.4 per season deal with the 28-year-old.

The paper goes onto state that Nani will touch down in Istanbul on Thursday and complete his move to the Istanbul giants.
http://www.turkish-football.com/manchester-united-winger-nani-expected-in-istanbul-on-thursday/

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Rumours suggest Nani is Fenerbahce bound, a little surprised no Italian clubs went in for him. I think he would have been amazing there
Aye, I thought he'd end up in Italy too. Surely he can do better than Fenerbache?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
For more than 2 years now Nani apparently has been close to signing for an Italian or Turkish team, their fans must feel like us regarding Gaitan/Garay.

It's obvious he is not in LvG's plans so I truly want him to be transferred finally so we close this chapter and he has stability and can enjoy the last few years at the top.

Kag

Would it? Hes surplus to requirements and there arent many buyers. Getting him off the wage bill would be a big win, any fee is just a bonus
If his wages are at all affordable he would have many suitors. We don't know whether that's the case or not.

Wages aside, we should be looking to sell players for good fees. £5 million for a player as good as Nani is laughable. He's 28 years old with 86 caps for Portugal, and more than capable of being a very important player for a lot of good clubs, if not Manchester United.

I don't think Hernandez has a future here either, for example, but if we were to sell him for a similar fee and I'd be similarly outraged.

OneUnited24

If his wages are at all affordable he would have many suitors. We don't know whether that's the case or not.

Wages aside, we should be looking to sell players for good fees. £5 million for a player as good as Nani is laughable. He's 28 years old with 86 caps for Portugal, and more than capable of being a very important player for a lot of good clubs, if not Manchester United.

I don't think Hernandez has a future here either, for example, but if we were to sell him for a similar fee and I'd be similarly outraged.
Again it goes for buyers. If you believe rumours from last summer no club was willing to take on his wages or interested in signing him. We ending up paying his wages and giving him to Sporting. Players like Nani/Hernandez are good players but dont offer much interest or hype, therefore, any fee (imo) is an achievement

Kag

Again it goes for buyers. If you believe rumours from last summer no club was willing to take on his wages or interested in signing him. We ending up paying his wages and giving him to Sporting. Players like Nani/Hernandez are good players but dont offer much interest or hype, therefore, any fee (imo) is an achievement
You have no idea how much interest there has been in either Hernandez or Nani, though. My guess is that there is a lot. Two good Manchester United players generate interest for obvious reasons. Wages will always be the stumbling block, as I said, but the idea that we therefore take little interest in the fee of our assets is simply ludicrous and outright bad business.

mu77

Alternately, Nanis own, natural game is simply similar to Ronaldos.
the physical difference is so great that the game/style on the pitch isn't close. but 8m euros is a nothing fee.

ThanksBoss26

£6m isn't a great fee for him at all, but by the same token I think it's the right time to move him on. The right time also for him to go and find a new challenge. Same applies to Hernandez as well.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He seem to have done very well in Portugal. What a shame to sell him for just 6m instead of giving him a second try.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're paying him way more than he's worth to us, just getting those wages off our books will help. The low fee is an irritation but I guess this is what comes from the pretty ridiculous contract we gave him.

I'd have thought he'd go to a better team than Fenerbache though...

OneUnited24

You have no idea how much interest there has been in either Hernandez or Nani, though. My guess is that there is a lot. Two good Manchester United players generate interest for obvious reasons. Wages will always be the stumbling block, as I said, but the idea that we therefore take little interest in the fee of our assets is simply ludicrous and outright bad business.
If other clubs were interested and their offer was concrete dont you think we would have sold him by now given the low fee we look to be accepting? Also no offence to the turkish league but sort after players hardly go there...

Kag

If other clubs were interested and their offer was concrete dont you think we would have sold him by now given the low fee we look to be accepting? Also no offence to the turkish league but sort after players hardly go there...
You're not even reading properly. Lots of clubs will share an interest in acquiring the likes of Nani and Hernandez. Lots of inquiries and work between agents and officials will take place.

The reality, though, is that Nani is on a six figure a week salary. Hernandez won't be too far away from that either. That limits the sort of clubs that can ramp up the interest into something more concrete.

Players going to Turkish sides generally has little to do with how sought after they are. It's do with wage packet. It's why Drogba went over there and it's why Sneijder went there when was more than capable of playing in a more competitive league.

There's no rational argument for you wanting to readily accept a meagre £5 million bid for a very good player.

devilish

You're not even reading properly. Lots of clubs will share an interest in acquiring the likes of Nani and Hernandez. Lots of inquiries and work between agents and officials will take place.

The reality, though, is that Nani is on a six figure a week salary. Hernandez won't be too far away from that either. That limits the sort of clubs that can ramp up the interest into something more concrete.

Players going to Turkish sides generally has little to do with how sought after they are. It's do with wage packet. It's why Drogba went over there and it's why Sneijder went there when was more than capable of playing in a more competitive league.

There's no rational argument for you wanting to readily accept a meagre £5 million bid for a very good player.
I wonder how these players managed to get such salaries in the first place. We should have spent a bit more in salaries and brought in some solid players instead

Kag

I wonder how these players managed to get such salaries in the first place. We should have spent a bit more in salaries and brought in some solid players instead
Because between 2009 and 2014 the club went kind of tits up in its decision making, didn't it?

ThanksBoss26

I wonder if van Persie might be next in heading to the Turkish League? Seems to be where there's reportedly the most interest in him.

devilish

Because between 2009 and 2014 the club went kind of tits up in its decision making, didn't it?
Well something surely went wrong. It could be the case that unlike the proven players Hernandez/Nani had no intrusive agents. We all know how much SAF hated those.

C'est Moi Cantona

We're paying him way more than he's worth to us, just getting those wages off our books will help. The low fee is an irritation but I guess this is what comes from the pretty ridiculous contract we gave him.

I'd have thought he'd go to a better team than Fenerbache though...
Yep this is about bang on, it's the clubs own fault for offering him a new high paid deal when they did, he is just not going to command a large fee whilst sitting on this contract.

It's clear LVG doesn't want him, so to just shift his wages that apparently we paid last season is a massive thing, any fee is just the icing in the cake, the same will apply to RVP if he goes this window.

devilish

I wonder if van Persie might be next in heading to the Turkish League? Seems to be where there's reportedly the most interest in him.
Imagine the celebrations in Turkey if they managed to coup RVP in

I mean this sort of celebrations were made for friggin Darius Vassell

Classical Mechanic

Yep. We have no power in this situation. The player won't take a pay cut so we have to subsidise his wages in some way. Selling him for a low fee enables the buying club to pay him a high wage. It is a concept that I wish more fans would grasp.

acnumber9

I'm sure Mancheter United do what they can to get the best fees for players. If Nani is going for that amount it's because few clubs were interested that could afford him.

Kag

I'm sure Mancheter United do what they can to get the best fees for players. If Nani is going for that amount it's because few clubs were interested that could afford him.
Like I keep saying, and it's really obvious to honest, it's a case of affording the entire cost of the deal. Unless you think a club like Newcastle, Southampton or most other teams in the Premier League wouldn't like what Nani offers for only £5 million? I'm sure they'd rather spend millions on player from the Championship instead, which is all the rage right now. His wages are the issue, and they'll be an issue for most good clubs in Europe.

And we clearly don't get the best fees we can for players. We do our best to get the best move for the player moving, which is admirable, but we don't put much emphasis on the eventual fee, which I think should change.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I hope we at least have a very decent percentage sell-on clause - I can't imagine he'll be in Turkey for long, especially if he finds form out there then he'll attract attention, in which case he won't go for that laughably small fee again regardless of his wages.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I hope we at least have a very decent percentage sell-on clause - I can't imagine he'll be in Turkey for long, especially if he finds form out there then he'll attract attention, in which case he won't go for that laughably small fee again regardless of his wages.
He'll be 29 in November, I think this will be his last ''big move''. Even if he leaves Turkey in a couple of seasons, he'd only generate a minimal fee IMO.

People were thinking the same thing when Sneijder joined Galatasaray, but he's still there.

acnumber9

Like I keep saying, and it's really obvious to honest, it's a case of affording the entire cost of the deal. Unless you think a club like Newcastle, Southampton or most other teams in the Premier League wouldn't like what Nani offers for only £5 million? I'm sure they'd rather spend millions on player from the Championship instead, which is all the rage right now. His wages are the issue, and they'll be an issue for most good clubs in Europe.

And we clearly don't get the best fees we can for players. We do our best to get the best move for the player moving, which is admirable, but we don't put much emphasis on the eventual fee, which I think should change.
How do you know we don't get the best fees we can? Have you an inside track or just guessing? I'm sure those clubs could afford him with the TV money sloshing around. Even if his wage were an extra £50000 then they would normally pay it's only an extra £10m across a four year contract. If Fenerbche could afford it then plenty more could.

Status
Not open for further replies.