Nani | Contract & Transfer talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Isn't he on bumper a 100k+ a week after his last contract? with a few years yet to run?, what we lose in a trasfer fee, we'd make up in saved wages.
I'm not too bothered seeing him leave, personally, the sporadic nature of his performances had become beyond irritating, wish him luck with the rest of his career.

sajeev

That would be pathetic business from us, while keeping much inferior players on higher wages, and buying inferior players for much more

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Exactly. It's a crap fee but he's almost certainly on quite big wages despite being, at best, our third choice left winger. Getting rid is only sensible.
It is. Though probably should have done it in 2013 instead of handing him a new 5 year contract. He didn't play a lot in 2013-14 and we paid his wages while he played for Sporting in 2014-15. We are really bad at this buying, selling and contract handling stuff.

Btw, Young is getting a shiny new 3 year contract @120k/wk.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Has to be looked at as dreadful business. Yes, we need him off our wage bill, and yes, he needs to move on, but he's only 28 and is clearly a quality player - going for peanuts.

The worst thing is we are continuing to do business this way - securing players by overpaying rather than getting people in who really want to play for the club. Setting us up for a big problem.

finneh

Unfortunately no club is going to sanction a package worth over £25m for him given his last 2-3 seasons. His wages alone over 4 years will be in excess of £20m. People saying he should be worth £15m are correct... If he were being paid £40-50k a week.

Laphroaig

A travesty. I don't care about the ridiculous fee, but Nani should be given another chance at United and he should at the very least be playing in one of the big leagues. Blæ!

sincher

I'm a bit surprised the big Chinese, US, or Middle Eastern clubs with big pockets don't seem to want him - surely they would pay more - I mean Paulinho went for nearly £10m. I really hope we aren't dealing at a lower level purely to allow him to go where he wants.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
It is. Though probably should have done it in 2013 instead of handing him a new 5 year contract. He didn't play a lot in 2013-14 and we paid his wages while he played for Sporting in 2014-15. We are really bad at this buying, selling and contract handling stuff.

Btw, Young is getting a shiny new 3 year contract @120k/wk.
Wasn't he on 120k/wk, and then rumored to have taken a pay cut to extend his contract?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Laughable fee.

Saving ourselves money or not, it's ridiculous that eventually you have to sell a player like Nani for 3.5 million.

sincher

Unfortunately no club is going to sanction a package worth over £25m for him given his last 2-3 seasons. His wages alone over 4 years will be in excess of £20m. People saying he should be worth £15m are correct... If he were being paid £40-50k a week.
There are clubs out there that could comfortably afford his wages and a fee on top, and he's a big enough star to be wanted by those clubs. Selling him for £3.5m is scandalous.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We've handled the whole Nani thing terribly. Why did we give him a 5 year contract sometime back?

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
There are clubs out there that could comfortably afford his wages and a fee on top, and he's a big enough star to be wanted by those clubs. Selling him for £3.5m is scandalous.
None of those clubs wanted him, that is why he is going to Turkey.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We've handled the whole Nani thing terribly. Why did we give him a 5 year contract sometime back?
Moyes.

There's a reason why he's going to Turkey. No other clubs wanted him, and he hadn't been linked elsewhere either.

stevoc

The fact that nobody except this one Turkish team were willing to take a punt on him may show that he's not quite worth as much as people on here think he is. You can't get a high fee when there's no actual demand.
Or most likely Fener are paying him close to what we were, they probably couldn't afford to do that normally unless we lowered the transfer fee.

sincher

Moyes.

There's a reason why he's going to Turkey. No other clubs wanted him, and he hadn't been linked elsewhere either.
I think we should tell them where to go for that fee, and hawk him around some more for £6m-£7m. Someone will surely bite.

Certainly a mistake to give him such a long contract.

Revan

Assumptionman
Moyes wanted him, LVG doesn't. Pretty much nobody else wants him either seemingly.
The weird part is that I don't think that Moyes really wanted him. He rarely played Nani even after he signed.

A typical example of Moyes not having a clue on what he was doing. And a typical example of me finding something to moan about Moyes. :wenger:

Super Nani

If we sold him for under £5m in this market that would be ridiculous, at the end of the day Nani might not be consistently good enough to play for one of the top clubs but there's plenty a level below that could afford him and his wages. The club isn't in urgent need for money and think it would be unfair not to give him a chance next season considering he did well away on loan.

The only experienced wingers we have are Di Maria, Young, Valencia and sometimes Mata when he plays out wide. With Valencia covering right back at times and Mata more central I don't see how anyone can think we couldn't do with a player of Nani's experience and talent next season with the extra games we will be playing. Hoping he goes on tour with us and impresses van Gaal but in reality he probably is on the way out.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay, in this case it looks like there wasn't exactly much demand for him. We got two excellent calendar years out of him (2010 & 2011), but his stock has sunk so low since then.

rover

you can only get a big free from big player. if he can become a big player again he won't go, else what's the odds to get a big free from him, especially he has been dipping for years.

we should let him run out of his last contract. this can be the only way to depart decently. for nani he can move on to pursuit his own further interest, for us this can be a gratitude towards him for what he once offered for us however he don't have a future here anymore whatever the reasons behind.

and now it looks both sides are losers.

kotha

Surprised there isn't a single midtable team in England/Spain / Germany that would take a punt on Nani..

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
If we sold him for under £5m in this market that would be ridiculous, at the end of the day Nani might not be consistently good enough to play for one of the top clubs but there's plenty a level below that could afford him and his wages. The club isn't in urgent need for money and think it would be unfair not to give him a chance next season considering he did well away on loan.

The only experienced wingers we have are Di Maria, Young, Valencia and sometimes Mata when he plays out wide. With Valencia covering right back at times and Mata more central I don't see how anyone can think we couldn't do with a player of Nani's experience and talent next season with the extra games we will be playing. Hoping he goes on tour with us and impresses van Gaal but in reality he probably is on the way out.
Those three are the senior options with Januzaj, Depay and possibly Lingard the understudies . That's 6 options for two positions; we don't really have space for Nani.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Laughable fee.

Saving ourselves money or not, it's ridiculous that eventually you have to sell a player like Nani for 3.5 million.
A few seasons back we were rumored to have sold him to some Turkish club for 5 to 10 mil till the President of the club came out and said they would not pay that much.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A disgusting amount of money to receive for a player who is 18th highest assisting player in the history of the premier league.

Considering a season and a half ago we paid 37 million pounds for a player who still isnt in the top 50, who also doesnt do any defending, has no pace and who very rarely plays a full 90 minutes (if he plays at all).

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
A disgusting amount of money to receive for a player who is 18th highest assisting player in the history of the premier league.

Considering a season and a half ago we paid 37 million pounds for a player who still isnt in the top 50, who also doesnt do any defending, has no pace and who very rarely plays a full 90 minutes (if he plays at all).
Mata..? The guy who has the most goals and assist any midfielder in the league has made since his arrival to the PL in 2011?

Ducklegs

Mata..? The guy who has the most goals and assist any midfielder in the league has made since his arrival to the PL in 2011?
Or Nani, who is the 18th highest assisting player in the leagues history, who is only a year older who didnt cost 37 million quid.

Nani has 5 more than David Beckham.

Remember, this is about the price we are getting for him, nothing else.

Looking at this, Wayne Rooney has 94 PL assists, thats more than Fibreglass, and only 5 less than stevie starfish.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Or Nani, who is the 18th highest assisting player in the leagues history, who is only a year older who didnt cost 37 million quid.

He has 5 more than David Beckham.
I really don't get your comparison, completely different players and Nani is finished here whilst the younger Mata isn't. You also said 'if he plays at all', Mata has played 35 matches last season and got 2309 minutes in the league when we had 3 top strikers on our books.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Nani has 5 more than David Beckham.

Remember, this is about the price we are getting for him, nothing else.

Looking at this, Wayne Rooney has 94 PL assists, thats more than Fibreglass, and only 5 less than stevie starfish.
And yet there doesn't seem to be a long line of suitors for him. Even when it is no secret we would sell him.

Ducklegs

I really don't get your comparison, completely different players and Nani is finished here whilst the younger Mata isn't. You also said 'if he plays at all', Mata has played 35 matches last season and got 2309 minutes in the league when we had 3 top strikers on our books.
Its clear you dont understand as you are arguing at cross purposes ;)

If we were linked with a player of Nanis stats we wouldnt be thinking twice about paying £20 million plus for him.

But for some reason, we are OK to let him go for 3 million.

Thats the point.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Pathetic fee and transfer in general. The guy should be starting for us on the right wing not being shipped out for a pittance.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Going to throw my hat into the "stupidly low fee, should keep him and give him a chance" camp.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Its clear you dont understand as you are arguing at cross purposes ;)

If we were linked with a player of Nanis stats we wouldnt be thinking twice about paying £20 million plus for him.

But for some reason, we are OK to let him go for 3 million.

Thats the point.
Well we bought a very exciting winger for £22m already so I don't get the comparisons to Mata. Nani is on a stupid high contract which means we will get a low fee if we offload him to a club not as rich as us, that's how it works.

Jev

I still firmly believe that he could be a top-class winger for us if we showed him some faith for once. Unfortunately we never have in recent years. We all know for a fact that he is ten times more talented than Young who was our best winger last season. I think it's sad to see him leave like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.