Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Is City's plan to buy as many attacking players and hope to outscore the opposition 4-3?

I'd be very concerned if they had bought two class defenders. Imagine if they just splunked that Na$ri money on Godin and/or Subotic and added a decent RB. Considering they field 2-3 holding midfielders most matches, why not just buy Lahm for the RB spot and use him and Cashley Jr/Kolarov as wingbacks?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Is City's plan to buy as many attacking players and hope to outscore the opposition 4-3?

I'd be very concerned if they had bought two class defenders. Imagine if they just splunked that Na$ri money on Godin and/or Subotic and added a decent RB. Considering they field 2-3 holding midfielders most matches, why not just buy Lahm for the RB spot and use him and Cashley Jr/Kolarov as wingbacks?
They already employ 2holding players. I doubt they need more cbs that badly. When Toure returns or Svaic inevitably kicks out Lescott they will be formidable at the back.

Crustanoid

?
Much more simpler - they just buy as many available players, preferably our targets, as they can and worry about formations later

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Much more simpler - they just buy as many available players, preferably our targets, as they can and worry about formations later
How many of their signings have really been our targets? I keep hearing this but I can only recall Silva and Nasri that we've been linked with.

Raulduke

According to Mark Ogden Nasri was offered to United at the weekend but we wouldn't/couldn't match his wage demands and in his world this means City beat United to Nasri.

Crustanoid

How many of their signings have really been our targets? I keep hearing this but I can only recall Silva and Nasri that we've been linked with.
Tevez was perceived as being our target. SAF left it late but apparently did bid the £25mil required at the last minute

Neutral

BTV
According to Mark Ogden Nasri was offered to United at the weekend but we wouldn't/couldn't match his wage demands and in his world this means City beat United to Nasri.
That's fair enough. It implies we were interested, Nasri was interested, but we wouldn't or couldn't match the fee + wage offered by City, and Nasri had no wish to downsize his demands to further his interest, so we walked away.

I've got no problems if ppl say, that is an example of City getting one over us.

Raulduke

That's fair enough. It implies we were interested, Nasri was interested, but we wouldn't or couldn't match the fee + wage offered by City, and Nasri had no wish to downsize his demands to further his interest, so we walked away.

I've got no problems if ppl say, that is an example of City getting one over us.
But if the rumours of the Adebayor to City transfer were to be believed then he was also "offered" to us before he went to City. The only thing that Nasri being offered to us implies to me is that players would still prefer to play for United than City and United turning down the opportunity to sign him is hardly City "beating" us to him.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Bizarrely, the Mail reckons we're standing-by to hijack the deal:

Arsenal agree £24m Samir Nasri fee with Manchester City | Mail Online
They're trying to make it more exciting. Nasri leaving Arsenal has been going on for so long that it's old news now.

Poor attempt by the Mail though.

Surprising how differently people view things.

To be offered to United at such a late stage in a transfer would mean that he desperately wanted to play for us rather than City.

If it's true that's a huge insult to City isn't it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Tevez was perceived as being our target. SAF left it late but apparently did bid the £25mil required at the last minute
I think we rejected Tevez more than he rejected us. If we really wanted him badly, we would have made a move earlier than June and we'd have upped our bid when Kia asked us to.

Neutral

BTV
But if the rumours of the Adebayor to City transfer were to be believed then he was also "offered" to us before he went to City. The only thing that Nasri being offered to us implies to me is that players would still prefer to play for United than City and United turning down the opportunity to sign him is hardly City "beating" us to him.

If we'd refused because were uninterested it wouldn't be an example of them 'beating us to him', but if we refused/pulled out, because of monetary issues, despite out interest in the player(which is what he indicates), I'd say that was the case.

It doesn't really matter in the end...it's just something for journos and fans like us on internet forums to ramble on about.

If it didn't happen this time, it'll happen sometime in the future, no sweat off our back...the same crap came up when Roman 1st took over Chelsea. We saw plenty of headlines stating Chelsea beat United to the punch, and sign xyz.

Yet moving on, it is United who have won 4 out of the last 5 league titles.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
If we'd refused because were uninterested it wouldn't be an example of them 'beating us to him', but if we refused/pulled out, because of monetary issues, despite out interest in the player(which is what he indicates), I'd say that was the case.

It doesn't really matter in the end...it's just something for journos and fans like us on internet forums to ramble on about.

If it didn't happen this time, it'll happen sometime in the future, no sweat off our back...the same crap came up when Roman 1st took over Chelsea. We saw plenty of headlines stating Chelsea beat United to the punch, and sign xyz.

I sometimes forget how lucky we are to have lived through such a period of dominance by one club in England. If you'd come to me in 1992 when we pissed the league away at the end and told me what would happen over the next 20 or so years I'd have taken six months to stop laughing at you.

It won't be recognised for what it is until it stops... problem is, I'm greedy now and I don't want it to ever stop. That is what Fergie has done for us.

Raulduke

Yeah that's fair enough, it may well be my red tinted spectacles talking but I imagine the conversation, if it even happened, went something like this. "Samir has agreed to join City for £x per week but he'd be willing to join United for £y per week" which United declined.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In the end, City will always offer wages that we simply won't. And I have no problems with us refusing on those grounds. We can't let City dictate how we run our club. I'm more than happy with us letting players, for whom the extra buck is such a big priority, pass us by.

GIT Z RED

SSN say that the deal is stalling because he hasnt been able to get his 3 agents to England this morning , will have to wait until later this evening. Never heard of a player having 3 agents before.

Crustanoid

SSN say that the deal is stalling because he hasnt been able to get his 3 agents to England this morning , will have to wait until later this evening. Never heard of a player having 3 agents before.
It's a free for all. Everybody gets rich. Apart from the fans

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Makes whoring one to Madrid, Barca, City, United among others at the same time somewhat easier. Thankfully City's oil money can satisfy all three.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
City now have an absolutely fantastic set of talents on there books. It cannot be denied.
So what? Give any team a blank cheque book....it's simple enough. They can go feck themselves. It's not jealousy. We don't have to be. They're just an annoying blot in existence like Chelsea and the other teams that 'got lucky'

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I just hope this fecking FFP rules actually has a purpose - which I highly doubt as clubs will just come up with other ways to bypass'em.

City's spending (on wages), compared to their income is fecking ridiculous***, it must be said.

*** I have not actually done the math.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I just hope this fecking FFP rules actually has a purpose - which I highly doubt as clubs will just come up with other ways to bypass'em.

City's spending (on wages), compared to their income is fecking ridiculous***, it must be said.

*** I have not actually done the math.
Their wage bill was 120% of their turnover in their last published accounts iirc.

Aporkalypse

That is hilarious. A player they were basically nailed on to buy was offered at the last minute to their biggest rivals because he would prefer to play there, the only sticking point being his wages. If that doesn't scream "MERCENARY" then nothing does.

Crustanoid

The rules don't apply to plastic clubs. I bet a pound to a pinch of shit, if a clubs gets done for FFP it will not be Chelsea or City

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The rules don't apply to plastic clubs. I bet a pound to a pinch of shit, if a clubs gets done for FFP it will not be Chelsea or City
I don't get it? Why would the plastic clubs be safer than the established ones? If anything it is surely the other way around. Binning city for breaking the rules would be an easy way for UEFA to say 'look, we're strong' by going after a club no one else cares about and who has no support among their peers.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
with all these players City are buying, there is bound to be a lot of tension in the dressing rooms.

its a lot different to bringing in younger players like we did. You could already see the 'togertherness' so to speak with the goal celebrations.

Still..looking forward to our first clash.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He's just arrived at whatever the hell the stadium is called now and literally dozens were there to greet him.

gaz1185

Looks chuffed to bits :houllier: Only cracks a smile when he see's Patrick... Who seems to have a new 9-5 office job at Citeh :lol:

The assistant at the end is a bit :drool:... even if she is working for those blue c**ts!!

wr8_utd

:'(
He's just arrived at whatever the hell the stadium is called now and literally dozens were there to greet him.
Wait till we get Sneijder.

We'll show City how a big signing is greeted and Nasri will look even more depressed than he looks right now, turning up at the Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.