Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd be amazed if there was any news today. Wenger isn't going to walk out of the room and announce he's for sale (or has signed a new deal).

Crustanoid

I think Nasri's decision will tell a lot about him. I'm intrigued.
Simply:

Stay at Arsenal: Lacks ambition, pussy
Goes to City: Mercenary cnut.
Goes to Chelsea: Mercenary, no idea about history
Goes to United: Strong in ambition. Respects tradition. Potential rival to Messi next year for WPOTY

Anderson8

Simply:

Goes to United: Strong in ambition. Respects tradition. Potential rival to Messi next year for WPOTY
Exactly :devil:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
According to reports Arsenal ace Samir Nasri is set to tell boss Arsene Wenger he wants to join Manchester United.

The Daily Telegraph claims the Frenchman wants out of the Emirates and has set his sights on a switch to Old Trafford.

It is understood United have had a £20 million bid for Nasri rejected, but the Frenchman’s wishes may well hasten a compromise on the figure.

Nasri only has a year left on his contract at the Emirates, and is yet to agree a new deal, prompting interest from a number of clubs.

United and Manchester City are both interested, while it was reported on Tuesday that Chelsea had asked to be kept informed of developments as well.

The Telegraph reports that Nasri is 'ready to tell Arsene Wenger he wants to move to Manchester United' when he returns to Arsenal on Thursday, despite a contract offer of around £90,000-a-week.

Arsenal star Samir Nasri wants Manchester United move > Manchester United > Sport | Click Manchester

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies if posted, couldnt find article on last two pages of the thread tho..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'd be amazed if there was any news today. Wenger isn't going to walk out of the room and announce he's for sale (or has signed a new deal).
Very true.

He'll do everything to stop the player of that caliber from leaving.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
I dont see what Arsenal can do if he wants to leave - they'll get feck all from him next year. £20m for a player in the last year of his contract is great business. If Barca of Real were after him, you can guarantee they'd get him for about £12m, just like Ozil last year!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
What can he do?
Well, for a start he can talk very slowly at the meeting with Nasri:

Wenger: "Hellllllloooooo in French, Samirrrrrrr. Sit...down...won't....you?"

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Well, for a start he can talk very slowly at the meeting with Nasri:

Wenger: "Hellllllloooooo in French, Samirrrrrrr. Sit...down...won't....you?"
lol but what can he do to make the player stay. That was the question. Not how do you make wenger sound like SteveJ :)

SteveJ

Scout
lol but what can he do to make the player stay. That was the question. Not how do you make wenger sound like SteveJ :)
:lol:

He could make it obvious whether Nasri is truly ambitious, or in it for the money, by offering a wage to rival what others might offer him.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Simply:

Striker10

He could make it obvious whether Nasri is truly ambitious, or in it for the money, by offering a wage to rival what others might offer him.
He could do that, but will that keep him at the club? Personally if it was about money, I don't think we would be in the race to sign him. It wouldn't make much sense for us to compete against city/cheslea and whoever else has money

If you are nasri, look what's happening to Arsenal. They're being overtaken. They're showing a lack of ambition. They have won nothing for 6 years and they can't even beat Birmingham in a cup final

SteveJ

Scout
I think he looks a bit like Fandango Torres there:

Torres:

Nasri:

SteveJ

Scout
Helllllloooooo Mr Reddddd Dreamsssss. :D

Neo_Mufc

Read that earlier as well.
I said previously I didn't think we'd spend 25million on him but we may do and and what's to say City won't come in and spoil the party. Out of interest who has been the highest transfer on his last year of contract?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I said previously I didn't think we'd spend 25million on him but we may do and and what's to say City won't come in and spoil the party. Out of interest who has been the highest transfer on his last year of contract?
Wouldn't be abnormal really, well, it might be since we tend to spend either more or less never 25 million.

Striker10

If he sticks around, he'll have trophies with us at some point. And he knows that, and thus the contract will be signed next week.
:p this was on the 5th june. God time flys. Unfortunately I think this one will drag on for awhile yet

Kelvin

I be amazed if we managed to sign nasri, wenger has already made it clear he won't sell him to us, he can't go back on his words.

Donut

I be amazed if we managed to sign nasri, wenger has already made it clear he won't sell him to us, he can't go back on his words.
That was when an interviewer asked him specifically about Untied.

Though I agree, Wenger seems a man of pride, and he'd rather sell to artificial team like City than to a team he competed against for most of his career.

However, Nasri may have a final say in this. For now, I agree with Solius, cocks slightly out.

Chrisjn

Makki; said:
Is Yuri Geller the evil russian twin of Uri Geller?
I
think that's who he ment, or were you trying to be hillerious or deliberatley twattish?

Prophet_of_Doom

When's this meeting with Wenger going to be over then?
I'd be astonished if we even hear anything about it. This is nothing like Modric. If it's true that United put in a bid two weeks ago and the teams agreed not to report it, then it's highly likely that if any business is to be conducted it will be done behind closed doors and certainly won't be rushed.

That's if there is any business to be done.

buckooo1978

i think we'll get him

chelsea are more interested in Modric

Madrid are fixated on Neymar

Barca are after fabregas and sanchez

city are after/linked with all of them

if he wanted the money he'd sit on his contract to next year and he would get 150k-200k a week depending on who he goes to

I think it will be us

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Do you guys really rate him that highly?

Personally, he's a good player but i always regarded him as soft & not United quality. Look at our mid-field over the years & all of them had a bitta bite in them, as Fergie once said "there's no wimps in my team.."

I'd love him to come, but not at the expense of Sneijder. Both would be magical tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.