Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Whats his passing like? Can he do some Scholes' like passing or is he more of a take the ball and run type of player?
There was a comparison on Sky between Nasri, Modric and Sneijder.

Basically, Nasri scored the most goals, did the least passes and did the most dribbles I think. Sneijder and Modric created most chances and competed more passes. Sneijder had low goalscoring and dribbling completion. Modric was an all-rounder really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We won't sell Nasri to you. We'll let him walk next year rather than do that.
Fine by me. £0m next year rather than £20m this year seems like a bit of a bargain.

If you can give him another years Premiership experience too that would be great.

WireRed

Yep because then it'll be a wages war you won't win. I still think we'll get at least a year's extension anyway
Why would Nasri sign away another year of his career if he wants out? If there is to be an extension it'll be a 4-5 year contract not one year on top of his current one.

Face facts, you've got feck all say in the matter now. You can shoot yourselves in the foot by keeping an unsettled player and getting nothing for your trouble next summer or you can sell at a decent but not accurate value for him but at least give yourselves some further funds to play with.

If you'd rather do the former out of spite for United then you have well and truly joined the Bitters in existing only to obsess over and hate United.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Its of Arsenal's interest to sell him to the highest bidder this window, the idea of keeping him for another season only to lose him for free is a non-starter in my opinion.

Wes

Because he'll get a lot more money for a year?
he'll get a lot more money regardless

i think you've overlooked the fact that Man Citeh are your closest rivals and if any player with a clue would prefer to work under the greatest football manager of all time rather than take some Arab's short-term money

Virtuoso

Wenger told that Nasri is desperate to leave Arsenal

Midfielder determined to force £25m move to United in pursuit of silverware

By Ian Herbert, Northern Football Correspondent

Arsenal were facing up to the fact they may have no option but to sell Samir Nasri last night after the player's meeting with manager Arsène Wenger made it clear how desperate the player is to leave, following Manchester United's £20m offer.

The mood at Old Trafford has been one of mounting pessimism after the initial £20m offer for Nasri, tabled three weeks ago, failed to elicit even a formal rejection from the north London club. But only when the Frenchman returned to London Colney to meet his manager yesterday was Wenger exposed to the full sense of how badly Nasri wants to leave, with the prospect of the silverware at Old Trafford strengthening the player's resolve to go.

Nasri's own determination to go is now understood to be a more significant factor even than the commercial pressure the club will find themselves under to sell, should United raise their bid for a player who will be out of contract in only 12 months time and at liberty to walk away.

The narrow ownership structure of the club had been seen as another reason why United may have failed in their audacious bid to prise Nasri away, with a feeling that neither Alisher Usmanov nor Stan Kroenke would stand in Wenger's way if he wanted to keep the player.

Wenger is also understood to vehemently oppose the idea of selling the player to a rival club, which would make Manchester City and Chelsea – who have been monitoring the instability of Nasri's situation at Arsenal – equally unlikely suitors. Though Internazionale are understood to have had discussions with Nasri's representatives, too, the Frenchman is keen to stay in the Premier League and he seems to hold the cards.

But the fact that Arsenal may be willing to accept £25m, a figure only £5m above the initial United asking price, suggests that United will find the move for Nasri far more straightforward than they had initially thought. The uncertain factor in the equation, though, is the tribal rivalry which has characterised United's relationship with Arsenal.

There has been a feeling at the highest level within Old Trafford that removing Nasri from Arsenal may be considered akin to Liverpool trying to take a player from them. United remember the Gabriel Heinze saga, at the end of the 2006/7 season, in which Heinze demanded the right to be transferred to Liverpool and Sir Alex Ferguson steadfastly refused the £6.8m bid and Heinze went to Real Madrid the following August instead.

But, if anything, Nasri's desire to leave is even greater than Heinze's was back then. Wenger knows that all too clearly now.

Arsenal have rejected the £120,000-a-week deal he wants to take him to the top of Arsenal's payscale, and he will be out of contract next summer. A week ago, it had seemed that Arsenal would insist on an extortionate amount – £40m – to deter a United move, though a sum £5m above United's first valuation may be enough.

United's move for Nasri means that the prospect of the club moving for Wesley Sneijder is receding. The view from Milan is that Internazionale are ready to part company with the Dutchman, whose agent Sir Alex Ferguson met in London in April.

But it will take a £35m deal to prise Sneijder out of Inter's clutches and United's transfer culture – which generally rules out major investments in players over the age of 26 – also suggests that the prospect of Sneijder moving to Old Trafford are remote. The Dutchman turned 27 a month ago.
Wenger told that Nasri is desperate to leave Arsenal - Transfers, Football - The Independent

This article is in today's Independent, it seems the more reputable papers are really pushing the Nasri to United story over the last couple of days since he has returned from his holidays. Arsenal will surely do all they can to avoid selling to us (or any other English rival) so this one will most probably drag on unless Arsenal see it as a dead-end and are possibly keen to reinvest any money from the sale of Nasri. All conjecture at the moment however as to what will happen next.

acrebo

Why do Arsenal fans think that there's a real bitter rivalry between the two clubs? I can't understand the logic that you don't mind selling players to City, a much nearer 'rival' in terms of quality and results, but you won't sell to us.

It's been amicable for years and, as much as it would hurt me to know a player of ours wanted to leave, selling him to Arsenal would be no more painful than Chelsea, Spurs, Villa, etc.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Arsenal fans are going through a rough time at the moment thats why. My best mate supports them and he has refused to discuss football openly the past four months. :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
PS saying they won't sell to us actually made me confident that he'll be United player in a few weeks time.

Kaos

Not really.

Flopped in Madrid, did OKish in Ligue 1 and Turkey, wasn't all that special for Liverpool or Shitty, till he regained his clinical proficiency at the mighty Bolton. Wenger would have turned him into a sensation had he stayed, but instead he did what he was always destined to do - sulk.

Wes

Not really.

Flopped in Madrid, did OKish in Ligue 1 and Turkey, wasn't all that special for Liverpool or Shitty, till he regained his clinical proficiency at the mighty Bolton. Wenger would have turned him into a sensation had he stayed, but instead he did what he was always destined to do - sulk.
Yeh fair enough. Sylvinho or Viera then?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Bad example as he was a moody twat from what I understand - would be terrible for a dressing room. I don't know how Chelsea handle him to be honest. Credit to their management for that.

mufcwarm92

No fecking chance that Arsenal will let his contract run out, and even less chance he'll sign an extension. Not sure if pete is on a WUM but he definitely wants out and with a year remaining, keeping him for another season is pointless.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They don't have a leg to stand on in this saga, if he wants to leave then either they let him go or look like right cretins when they essentially lose £30m on a player that doesn't want to be there.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Everything is now pointing towards Nasri being a United player come the start of the season now, he wants to join us, we want him, contractually his current club don't really have any leverage

It may rumble on but I'm very confident now that he'll be a United player sooner or later

Kaos

Yeh fair enough. Sylvinho or Viera then?
Sylvinho is a decent shout, but from what I remember he was more a backup player at Barca. Viera is debatable due to the injuries he was plagued with after leaving Arsenal.

I'd say Van Bronckhorst is probably a better example. Flamini hasn't done too badly with Milan recently either.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
He would compliment Carrick or Fletcher nicely, or both. Dynamic, creative player, can definitely add something to our midfield.

Kelvin

they probably sell him to Shitty just to spite us off, and happily become their feeder club.

032Devil

We won't sell Nasri to you. We'll let him walk next year rather than do that.
That's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. If nothing else, Arsenal are a business and £20+m is a more than a fair price for a declining value of an asset.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think he'd compliment Carrick quite beautifully, in the same way Giggs does. Having players who can dribble through the middle is a rarity these days. He obviously brings the added dynamism that Giggs no longer has.

surf

That's very harsh, especially as Cole aside, I'm struggling to think of a player they sold who went on to peak elsewhere.
David Herd, left Arsenal for United for a large fee because he wanted to win trophies. Won nothing in 7 years at Arsenal, 2 leagues and an FA cup at United.

Nazza wouldn't be the first. Daveja vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.