Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
Mata? Benzema?

It's like Wenger refuses to address the centre back and goalkeeping situations and just buys creative players and french strikers.
Well with Fabregas and Nasri going - the fact is - they haven't got many creative players left!

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Arsenal have nothing to lose really if they deny him his transfer. Barcelona are bidding so little (allegedly) that they'll probably bid the same next season. At the moment, it seems like he's worth more to Arsenal if they keep him.
They do because he clearly doesn't want to be there, his head is in Barcelona and has been since last summer.

They'll probably increase their bid incrementally over the summer until they get their man and Fabregas himself will start to sulk the nearer we get to close of the window.

They're in no rush, they've got almost two months still to go.

Name Changed

weso26
They do because he clearly doesn't want to be there, his head is Barcelona and had been since last summer

They'll probably increase their bid incrementally over the summer until they get their man and Fabregas himself will start to sulk the nearer we get to close of the window.

They're in no rush they've got almost two months still to go.
When he was fit though last season, he was hardly a hindrance to Arsenal. He improves them drastically even if is head is at Barcelona.

Kaos

I have a feeling Wenger sill surprise a lot of people in this transfer window.

Even with Fabregas and Nasri gone, they've still got a midfield of Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Arshavin and Rosicky, which is already quite balanced as it is. Plus with the cash they'll rake in form the two tranfers they can easily sign Mata and Benzema/Falcao who will slot in perfectly at Arsenal IMO.

The interesting thing to note is whether Wenger will swallow his pride and invest adequately in a CB, and I'm inclined to believe he will. I do think however that he'll persevere with Szczęsny as his since he potentially looks to be a quality keeper.

Arsenal are definitely in better shape than people make them out to be.

Northstand

I have a feeling Wenger sill surprise a lot of people in this transfer window.

Even with Fabregas and Nasri gone, they've still got a midfield of Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Arshavin and Rosicky, which is already quite balanced as it is. Plus with the cash they'll rake in form the two tranfers they can easily sign Mata and Benzema/Falcao who will slot in perfectly at Arsenal IMO.

The interesting thing to note is whether Wenger will swallow his pride and invest adequately in a CB, and I'm inclined to believe he will. I do think however that he'll persevere with Szczęsny as his since he potentially looks to be a quality keeper.

Arsenal are definitely in better shape than people make them out to be.
I agree with all that, and you've actually forgotten Song in the list of midfielders.

AgainstAllOdds

So much bullshit going around, and yet we don't know what to believe and what not.

It reminds me of the Berbatov transfer. However I hope that this doesn't go to the wire, my cock can't bear another one of those transfers...

Plan M

I've always said it, Nasri is a class act. He was a superb player before Arsenal.

Some of the goals he has scored in his career so far have been sublime. I hope United have gone in for him, he's the kind of player we're lacking.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Thing that worries me 'bout that would that Arsenal could continue to play hard ball in the hope that United, or any other interested team, would lose patience and look else where, Nasri could eventually revaluate the situation after l'Arse bring in some players and decide to stay.

yamo123x

As lots of people have said its up to Nasri to push this thru, i hope our interest is concrete and if as beleived he wants to join us- that is great to hear.

Surely lall parties will want this sorted out asap for preps for new season. I think in next day or two there will be definete developments before both clubs fly out on tour.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I said it earlier on the thread, but it'd suit both clubs if it goes later into the window. Arsenal will be thinking that they'll get more money if it goes to the final day, whilst United will be thinking that Arsenal will be under more pressure to sell as it gets later as they'll risk losing him for nothing in January.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Howard Nurse on Nasri deal:

howardnurse Howard Nurse@ "Going to drag on until August "
I could have told the fecker that...

We have to first wait for Nasri to hand in a transfer request and then we have to allow arsenal to bring in the players they want . There is no way they'll sell before hand as any player they bring in as a result will be overpriced. So it'll drag on for sure. Think the request would happen after they bring players in and not before.

Brophs

The One and Only
A lot of us, as United fans, want this to happen, so we rationalise that it should and will happen, but the reality is that if we were in Arsenal's position and say Rooney was looking to join Chelsea, we wouldn't let him go easily either. I can't believe Wenger will just roll over on this, unless he's under orders to keep the books balanced and losing Nasri for nothing would be a massive issue.

IF we go all out for him I think this might have a few weeks left in it.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Howard Nurse on Nasri deal:

howardnurse Howard Nurse@ "Going to drag on until August "
You lot don't half hang on to his every word.

Dunno why, he's only having a bit of a moan.

He's no more idea what's going on than the rest of us. Nice bloke but he just tweets what he reads. Got very excited over some tweets from "TransferUpdate" which he then retweeted as almost ITK fact....you know who TU was.....the guy who turned out to be a Liverpool fan on a wum.

Best to keep the Twitter stuff in the Twitter thread then it doesn't get too confusing.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
I could have told the fecker that...

We have to first wait for Nasri to hand in a transfer request and then we have to allow arsenal to bring in the players they want . There is no way they'll sell before hand as any player they bring in as a result will be overpriced. So it'll drag on for sure
would he then sit out training camp or join them until the move is pushed through?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
would he then sit out training camp or join them until the move is pushed through?
If you sit someone out, it only adds to the speculation. The only way to protect yourself is to convince the world nothings happening. So I think it'll be as you normal probably

Dave89

I've been looking for that gif for a while now. Bookmarking that shit

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Whats his passing like? Can he do some Scholes' like passing or is he more of a take the ball and run type of player?

MacMUFC

Whats his passing like? Can he do some Scholes' like passing or is he more of a take the ball and run type of player?
Anyone can do Scholes like passing; what seperated Scholes from us mere mortals was the consistent accuracy of his passing and the frequency of it. Nasri and Scholes are nothing alike, nor does he have to be in order to replace him.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia

Commadus

Sky Sports saying we have not put in a formal bid it's all nonsense. I think Arsenal are playing a risky game. However the window has nearly 7 more weeks so a lot can happen.

I think we should step back and await developments.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Telegraph said the bid was verbal, don't know if that makes any difference to how formal it is, but they also said it's still 'on the table'.

Status
Not open for further replies.