Naughty footballer to be exposed...

MG

Just realised I've spent my Saturday night discussing whether a fat bloke who looks like Shrek might or might not have nobbed a hooker.

I'm so cool.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Yeah, hes got a great record against Everton & Liverpool. Oh, wait....
first time he went back to Goodison when he was still 18, they gave him a horrendous reception and even a mobile phone was chucked his way and he put in a masterful performance.

and let us not forget what happened in 2007, I expect more of the same on Saturday, he's a resiliant man

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Good stuff. This has got feck all to do with football.
It has got something to do with football if it has a negative effect on his performance. Not that I think he should be dropped.

Are you a mod these days? There's been two threads running on the same topic (one of my pet hates on this forum) for over an hour, just to let you know. The other is in the United forum.

gaffs

Let's judge his form when he next kicks a ball. Meanwhile, save the hysterical moralising for the tabloids.

This whole footballer as role models stance is beyond ridiculous. Any parent who would allow their kids base their moral compass on Premier League footballers need locking up,
Hopefully he can still play well with this, and maybe a high profile divorce, hanging over him. If not, our title hopes are fecked.

Like it or not, they are role models. Or at least kids do look up to them. It would be hard to take a kid to football and tell him not to do as his heroes do. But I can't be arsed getting onto that debate.

Logan!

Let's judge his form when he next kicks a ball. Meanwhile, save the hysterical moralising for the tabloids.

This whole footballer as role models stance is beyond ridiculous. Any parent who would allow their kids base their moral compass on Premier League footballers need locking up,
I agree with this, but not quite in the way you mean. I don't think the parents even come into it.

People tell us that footballers are role models. And they're correct. Kids look at footballers playing for United and all other football clubs and want to emulate them by taking to the pitch themselves. I firmly believe that that's the only part of a footballers life that a child wishes to mimic. Children don't read the Mirror of the NoTW and probably have no clue that John Terry is the scum of the earth or that Wayne Rooney has a penchant for necrophilia (there or thereabouts anyway). Children want to emulate their football idols by pulling on the famous shirt of the club they support. I very much doubt that tabloid stories of infidelity have any impact on a child's moral code.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Rumor has it JT has been sighted in Cheshire. Probably to put a consoling arm around poor Coleen.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned

If footballers behave like proper pricks, it also destroys the image of their clubs. So in the best interest of Manchester United, I prefer Wayne Rooney not to cheat on his wife with a hooker. On top of that, the whole story has affected his performance on the pitch.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I know. But Fergie has also used the hairdryer more than once. ;)

But don't be naive. The UK has a real WAG culture and you simply cannot ignore stories like that because they also affect the clubs in one way or another.
I'm not going to be as naive to put footballers on a pedestal and think they will upstanding citizens of be without sin.

I will assume that most of them will be professional enough not to let it affect their performances on the pitch. Most notably pointed out by Peter Crouch who has all sorts of stuff about him on the papers yet he goes and clinches Spurs spot in the Champions League after a hattrick against Young Boys.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Popbitch's Blind Item from Friday:
Those three England players with recent
injunctions - which club links them all together?

Who is the fourth England player rumoured to
be about to try to get an injunction to stop a
story coming out this Sunday?

Which WAG has been linked with a Chelsea star?
Wonder what her man would think about that!

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Guessing or knowing? Which new story could be published about Terry? I mean it doesn't get much worse for him than it already is.

My guesses would have been: Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Gerrard (Liverpool)

The fourth is obviously Rooney.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This affair might also indicate why Rooney was so closely attached to Terry during the world cup ... they certainly had alot of notes to compare,

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
OK, I don't want to get too into this, or get too much into speculation, but one thing I really did notice quite blatantly whilst out in SA was that Rooney and Terry seemed close. They trained together, warmed up together, did the whole pre-match gee up together, and generally seemed really close during the whole thing...close enough for me to notice it at any rate..I'm not saying it's because of the reasons sammsky says, but I really did notice this, even to the point of annoyance, and so...erm... sort of...erm..just wanted to point it out..

prateik

not one of the two with the injunctions ..
2 more english players after terry and rooney

the whole thing is fecked up
whats wrong with these people

RapidRed

nah... whats much much more fecked up is how sooo many people seem to be affected sooo much by who football players sleep with. That, for me, is a different stratosphere fecked up.

you should be asking whats wrong with these people.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Liverpool - Joe Cole, Glen Johnson and Steven Gerrard.
It's not Gerrard for sure according to Daniel Taylor, who happens to know the name of footballers who has been granted Injuction.

MUFCgal

It's not Gerrard for sure according to Daniel Taylor, who happens to know the name of footballers who has been granted Injuction.
Not saying for definite, just surmising due to the three supposedly being linked by the same team and those names have been thrown around a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if more stories start getting released, was reading in the Times about the new judge who will be in charge of libel and privacy....and he was the one who allowed the Terry stuff to get out

Hold on, I'll find a link

Daily Mail link

KGBhoy

This is so ridiculous. You don't ever hear about these things in Spain, Italy or really any other country. At least I haven't. Do you think it's because players are more well behaved there?
Something's wrong with the UK press.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is so ridiculous. You don't ever hear about these things in Spain, Italy or really any other country. At least I haven't. Do you think it's because players are more well behaved there?
Something's wrong with the UK press.
If they don't it can't be for those reasons. It must be because it doesn't get out or the players get protected more.

dev1l

If they don't it can't be for those reasons. It must be because it doesn't get out or the players get protected more.
No - it's because people over there seem to care much less about these stories. The italian prime minister (aged 70+) was allegedly involved in parties involving high class hookers and also had an affair with an 18 year old girl (while still married, allegdly). Still he did not resign.

And this is the prime minister not a 24 year old footballer...

In italy for example, the real scandals were those related to match-fixing.

In england it seems that the alleged match fixing cases involving grobelaar and john fashanu did draw less interest than rooney's or terry's bedroom exploits "away" from home.

Personally I would be much more concerned about a player who betrays his than about a player who betrays his wife....