Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Harden choking against Miami in the finals shifts the balance to Westbrook for me. The ability to make smarter plays will come with time.
I think Westbrook would be a great shooting guard. He's not good enough to be a ball-dominant point on a team with Kevin Durant. I like Harden's unselfishness (lower usage rate than Westbrook despite playing on a team with Asik, Parsons and Lin compared to Durant, Ibaka and Martin), I like his ability to defend bigger players and I think he is much more flexible positionally.

I'll concede that Westbrook has accomplished more so far but I'd take Harden for the future.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
You're joking about the trade right?
I like Westbrook as a player, but it's clear that his style suits a team where he's the first option instead of having to be the second option for Durant, who's the best scorer in basketball right now.

And besides, it's much easier to find a point guard who's closer in quality to Westbrook, than it is to find a shooting guard of Harden's quality.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There was talk before of a Westbrook for Rondo trade. Maybe they will consider that next season?

Westbrook can be a brilliant player but he needs to realise he is #2 to Durant.

ha_rooney

Melo is having an awful first half.

Knicks missing JR Smith.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Boston did to New York what New York did to Miami last year.. Avoid a clean sweep in a very tight game to force game 5.. Terrible shooting night for Carmelo.

On to the Miami game now...

ha_rooney

William is an annoying fecker, I dislike ESPN for showing his face every 10 minutes.

Heat winning through 3, should hold on for the win.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
So, a sweep it is.. A bit disappointed in Milwaukee. The Heat had it too easy IMO, which is not really a good thing when you're preparing for a street fight with Chicago..

The Heat need to pick up their intensity level for the next series. Hope Chicago win their next game.. Too much rest is worse than no rest.

ha_rooney

Lakers starting lineup of Morris, goldilocks, Clark, Pau & D12 should ensure the Spurs complete the sweep and end our pitiful season.

Hopefully this isn't the last time we see Howard in laker uniform. Everyone else should be dispensed with, starting with the cnut coach.

ha_rooney

And Howard has been ejected.

At least Kobe got a tremendous ovation for coming out on crutches to sit behind the bench. Moral victory :cool:

ha_rooney

The circus is finally over for the lakers. To say it has been embarrassing is an understatement.

Keep Howard and Kobe but everyone else must go. Start all over again with better balance, depth and a coach who knows what he's doing. Although, I believe Howard will leave which will truly feck us over. Maybe Kwame can come back?

I'd love Phil back but if that doesn't happen, I'd like Brian Shaw to be given a chance with Phil taking on a role like Riley does for Miami. Neither is likely to happen until jimmy drags his head out of cuntface's arse and sacks that fecking wanker.

I am disgusted, upset and also half asleep, so I'm going into muppet mode with this bold prediction: lakers will suck next season but then in 2014 we'll sign LeBron, Kobe will be back, Howard will be dominant and the Zen Master will return for another 3peat. It's on bitches :devil:

Pscholes18

The circus is finally over for the lakers. To say it has been embarrassing is an understatement.

Keep Howard and Kobe but everyone else must go. Start all over again with better balance, depth and a coach who knows what he's doing. Although, I believe Howard will leave which will truly feck us over. Maybe Kwame can come back?

I'd love Phil back but if that doesn't happen, I'd like Brian Shaw to be given a chance with Phil taking on a role like Riley does for Miami. Neither is likely to happen until jimmy drags his head out of cuntface's arse and sacks that fecking wanker.

I am disgusted, upset and also half asleep, so I'm going into muppet mode with this bold prediction: lakers will suck next season but then in 2014 we'll sign LeBron, Kobe will be back, Howard will be dominant and the Zen Master will return for another 3peat. It's on bitches :devil:
Howard should stay if they tell Dantoni to feck off and they assure him they will do everything they can to sign Lebron.

gamma1

I really need to sleep but this Golden State - Denver game is exciting.
Game 3 was even better when it comes to sheer excitement. Quite surprisingly, these two teams seem to be evenly matched, turning this series into a brilliant contest to watch.

sidsutton

Is Dwight Howard really worth the money he will be asking? You can't rely on him in end of game situations because he can't hit free throws and he still has zero post-up game. Add to that the terrible attitude he seems to have developed in his last year in Orlando. If he was playing 20 years ago he would not even get a mention among the top big men.

He'll still get his money though.

Zen

Hey Laker bandwagoners

This'll never get old. Timmy in his old age is golden.

ha_rooney

Brilliant game between OKC and Houston. Rockets just about held on for the win.

Great stat from ESPN: In Games 1-2 (with Westbrook), Durant averaged 20 FGA and 26.5 PPG. In Games 3-4 (without Westbrook), Durant averaged 23 FGA and 39.5 PPG.

TheBest

SPNTBP
This series would have been so much closer had Harden not gone crap. Seriously whats up with him?

sidsutton

Over-used during the regular season - he was breaking down towards the end of it. He's the only one who was capable of creating his own shot. He's so beat up now he settles for a step-back 3 more often than not.

On last night's game - the refs were a joke, trying to serve it on a silver platter to OKC. Durant is pretty much unguardable (although Houston have been shocking defensively) and Derek Fisher should die. Chandler Parsons has to be the best value contract in the NBA.

ha_rooney

Shaq is brilliant :lol: TNT's coverage of the NBA is so much better than ESPN.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Well well well.. Celtics win at New York to cut the series lead to 3-2!

Doc Rivers is such a great coach. Well done.

ha_rooney

Rivers is a very good coach. He's had his injury problems but still manages to get the best from his ageing players and they give it their all every game. Wish our cuntface coach had shown as much effort (why hasn't he been sacked yet? :mad:)

NY should still get through, probably go to the 7th game though.

ha_rooney

The NBA need to do something to stop teams resorting to the Hack-A-Player tactic. It's fecking pathetic.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Harden finally had a good night. It just shows how important Westbrook is.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
This.

For the Knicks game, our shooting became cold. Credit to Boston, but we couldn't get Melo or Smith going.

I don't think it'll go to 7, I think we can win at Boston.
I agree, I don't think it matters where they play, if New York starts shooting the ball well, it's game over for Boston.

Oklahoma City should use those extra games to try to gel again and get used to playing without Westbrook..

Status
Not open for further replies.