Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
During the Boston surge, he and Smith just kept on running isolation plays. no innovation, no movement. Indiana will pose some tough questions for us in the next round.
Sigh.

Indiana really showed up our offensive schemes yesterday. It'll take more than "iso till 5 seconds left, then attempt a low percentage shot" to get past this Pacers team. We beat them early on in the season, when our plays were more innovative, but they have the best defense in the East in my opinion, and playoff basketball is a step up. Continue playing like this, and they'll win this in 5 or 6, with Melo's skill barely winning us a single game.

Not a surprise at all. They've been excellent in the regular season. Their big 2 are unmatched in the league, Tony Allen is one of the best perimeter defenders, and Conley is coming into his own. With Westbrook out they have a realistic chance of making the WC Finals.
Durant is a beast, nuff said. Martin also had a fantastic game. However Allen didn't play much in the 4th quarter, so Durant had it easy IMO. Then again, Memphis' bigs came through despite being crowded in the paint, and Ibaka had a horrendous showing offensively.

It'll be a fantastic series. I still have Grizzlies going through.

binary bot
I'm a very rare spectator when it comes to NBA. Why isn't Rose playing?(I assume injury but I keep seeing people say that he should be playing:confused:).

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nate Robinson!!!!!! Come on Bulls, hold on....

I'm a very rare spectator when it comes to NBA. Why isn't Rose playing?(I assume injury but I keep seeing people say that he should be playing:confused:).
Tore his ACL last year. He has been cleared to play by doctors for the past 2 months but hasn't played.

ha_rooney

Bulls win!! Fantastic game, Robinson with some big shots at the end. Maybe the long rest didn't help but this was more about the Bulls winning than Miami losing.

Thibodeau is a genius. I wish he was our coach. In fact, I wish Mickey Mouse was our coach. feck you D'Antoni :mad:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Always satisfying when the Heat lose :)

Robinson, Butler, Noah, gotta love them. Sadly they'll still win the series (and the title thanks to Westbrook's injury) but it's nice to see they're not invincible in the post season.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
And now he just pulled off two George Gervin-like finger-rolls in a row first with the right hand then with the left.

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
And here's yet another great example of why you can never relax and just stop playing in this sport. 18-2 run by the Spurs to end the 4th quarter and force OT. Incredibly unproffesional last couple of minutes by the Warriors. They just stopped executing their offense which had been brilliant up to that point and Parker was jogging into the lane scoring layups.

These playoffs are heating up!

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty pathetic from Lebron, the mvp, the league's best player, when he doesn't even attempt full-court shots at the end of quarters and just holds on to the ball and acting all cool like that's the normal thing to do, when it's obviously not? He did it again today at the end of the first half when there was two seconds left on the clock, more than enough time to get of a decent attempt. It's just so painfully obvious how much he cares about his FG%.

Just shoot the fecking ball, those shots do go in sometimes.

Revan

Assumptionman
Tore his ACL last year. He has been cleared to play by doctors for the past 2 months but hasn't played.
I have been shocked when I heard this. Rose was one of the best player in the leagues (probably only behind James and Durant) and not playing him because he can ruin the chemistry or something like that. It looked stupid to me, but I am not that much into NBA anymore.

ha_rooney

What a game between Spurs-Warriors!

Was hoping the Warriors would win, but I still have them taking the series. However, they cannot afford to blow more big leads. They did the same against Denver but got away with it, Spurs will punish them as they did yesterday.

ha_rooney

I have been shocked when I heard this. Rose was one of the best player in the leagues (probably only behind James and Durant) and not playing him because he can ruin the chemistry or something like that. It looked stupid to me, but I am not that much into NBA anymore.
As far as I know and what 'experts' are saying, the decision not to play Rose is the player's decision alone. He seems to have some sort of mental block as he's been practising for a while and was medically cleared 2 months ago.

I would be surprised if the Bulls or the coach has chosen not to play him.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Yeah the Rose decision is purely down to the player. I like Rose but can you imagine Rondo or Kobe holding off on returning when they're cleared? He should have came back before the playoffs and gotten back into a groove.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Being cleared to play and being in game shape is a very different thing, of course. I personally don't think players should come back unless they're fully fit. I'm sure we've all seen players on the floor that were obviously not at their best and favoring their injured whatnot, and ended up re-injured themselves.

Of course sometimes there's just pain that doesn't harm you long term that you have to just play through. But I don't think Rose is afraid of playing through some pain, seems a very tough player to me.

Zen

Not gonna criticise the GOAT PG. His long term game all I(and he) cares about. If others want to rush back from injury, that's their decision, but he rushed back too often last year and it led to this. So when he's ready, he's ready.

But who cares, Bulls just beat Heat with like a third string. WOOOOOOOO. Nates streakiness is epic. All over the shop. Thibs gets its done with heart and passion, not just skill, great coach. Can't wait until they get Rose some real talent and Thibs should walk this team to a title. Though it has to be people who have shown that heart and passion beforehand.....someone like Howard isn't the one, Noahs a 1000x better fit for Thibs ideals.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Not gonna criticise the GOAT PG. His long term game all I(and he) cares about. If others want to rush back from injury, that's their decision, but he rushed back too often last year and it led to this. So when he's ready, he's ready.
Can't remember Rondo rushing back last year :confused: ;)

ha_rooney

Far too many turnovers from the Pacers allows an easy win for NY.

I think the grizzlies will win Game 2. Durant has been amazing but at some point all this extra pressure will tell on him and I reckon that will be today. I'll probably be completely wrong...

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
This Heat-Bulls series so far has had the biggest amount of bitching I've ever seen. Both teams have more or less completely embarrassed themselves so far.

ha_rooney

Bulls have missed their opportunity. Heat will win this series comfortably now.

ha_rooney

The Grizzlies take a 2-1 advantage. Can't see OKC coming back from this now, the defense played by Memphis in the second half was very good.

ha_rooney

I knew when Derek Fisher took a contested three with 19 seconds on the shot clock and five minutes to play that they were hopeless. Scott Brooks is a joke.
Do you think Phil would be interested in that job if OKC look to replace Brooks?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
OKC was pretty bad. Looked pretty shite without Westbrook and a on-fire Durant. Hoping Memphis make it to the West finals. Don't want the heat to win and I think Memphis will give them more problems than the Spurs or Golden State.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think I know the problem, the Knicks payroll is too small! Buy a really expensive free agent guys, I'm sure that will work!
:lol:

I can't blame Carmelo. Apart from Smith, Carmelo is our only offensive outlet. Indiana is the best defensive team out East. That combo ends out only one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.