Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yeah, I've been accused of that before!

Great to see the Cavs win the draft lottery, but it's hard to say who they should choose. I'd be tempted to pass on Noel, not enough offense and seems a bit awkward physically. But there isn't really a clear choice.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
What? They still have a chance with 14 seconds to go. Is my TV behind? Ah!
The game is over for like 15 minutes now. Are you watching this on TV or using a stream?!

Not really, but Memphis is a terrible 3-point shooting team so I thought they don't have a chance.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
And that shouldn't have been a flagrant foul.
IMO it's a flagrant. Basketball has changed, and we're not living in the 1990s anymore. People should just get over it.

Personally I think it's a flagrant because of the follow. The original hit was just a personal, but he pulled him intentionally (with no attempt to play the ball) that made him land awkwardly/dangerously. Allen should be fined though for trying to give the impression that he was hit on the head though..

One of the commentator said "it's not about the fall". Wrong, sometimes it is about the fall. Sometimes you get a flagrant for a mere push, if you were pushing a player in the air off balance that could pose a risk of him being seriously injured through landing awkwardly.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
IMO it's a flagrant. Basketball has changed, and we're not living in the 1990s anymore. People should just get over it.

Personally I think it's a flagrant because of the follow. The original hit was just a personal, but he pulled him intentionally (with no attempt to play the ball) that made him land awkwardly/dangerously. Allen should be fined though for trying to give the impression that he was hit on the head though..

One of the commentator said "it's not about the fall". Wrong, sometimes it is about the fall. Sometimes you get a flagrant for a mere push, if you were pushing a player in the air off balance that could pose a risk of him being seriously injured through landing awkwardly.
Well I mostly agree, except foro the part where it's not about the fall. He's right, it isn't. If you push someone off balance in the air, it should be a foul because doing that is dangerous. Actions shouldn't be judged by results but instead on what information was known at the time. What if Allen did hit his head and got a concussion or what if he put his hands out to break his fall and broke his wrists? Or what if he just went down normally as lots of players do dozens of times per game? Should it matter what happens to Allen after the foul or should the foul matter? I think it should be the foul.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pacers leading by 1 after 3. Very impressive performance so far but I think James will get it done and Miami will sneak the win...

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Well I mostly agree, except foro the part where it's not about the fall. He's right, it isn't. If you push someone off balance in the air, it should be a foul because doing that is dangerous. Actions shouldn't be judged by results but instead on what information was known at the time. What if Allen did hit his head and got a concussion or what if he put his hands out to break his fall and broke his wrists? Or what if he just went down normally as lots of players do dozens of times per game? Should it matter what happens to Allen after the foul or should the foul matter? I think it should be the foul.
I don't mean the fall itself, I mean how the foul affects the fall. The same push could be called a personal foul or a flagrant foul depending on how it affects the fall.

ha_rooney

Come on pacers! Tied game with 50 seconds left...

ha_rooney

Wow! That was an awful possession and then bang! Unbelievable!

ha_rooney

Pacers deserve OT, I've been very impressed with them.

Birdman is one freaky looking fecker, but he has been a great pickup for Miami.

ha_rooney

These reviews take forever. Hurry the feck up...

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Indiana are scoring at will now.. The Heat are finding the points much harder to come by.. 3 points down as well.. Doesn't look good.

ha_rooney

I'm with the commentators, why take Hibbert out?

Pacers need another big shot...

ha_rooney

Fouled!!!! He's got 3 FTs to win it...

Dreadful inbound pass.

ha_rooney

Pacers have the lead, 2 seconds to play....

Status
Not open for further replies.