Nba 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That is a devastating loss for Indiana.

My word what a game! All that effort and they lose. Miami have stolen it. cnuts.

No Hibbert again on that play, poor coaching.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Wow.. What a game! Phew!!!!! Two big buckets by Lebron.. Triple double as well (30-10-10).. Hope Chalmers is ok.

Ray Allen better practice his free throws.. And his threes while he's at it. 1 for 8 is not going to do it.

Who is this guy with tattoos all over his body??

TheBest

SPNTBP
That was a great game. Hopefully we will see more games like these :drool: rather than some blowouts.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Vogel and Indiana blew in the last two plays on their end. Taking Hibbert out and going small was a mistake for the first one. LeBron casually walked to basket and got Miami a 2 point lead. Then Indiana gets lucky with the 3 point foul play, Geroge makes all three and again a similar mistake from Indiana with 2.2 left. You have to make LeBron work harder than that.

Mental for a team that was so good on the defense for the rest of 52 odd minutes. It will be big test of mental toughness from Indiana. Don't think we can do it. My guess is Miami in 5.

ha_rooney

I think Kobe does deserve a place, but maybe not on the first team.

Leaving Curry out completely is a joke. Just like when they didn't have him in the All-Star game.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Sacramento celebrates keeping Kings with downtown rally

By Ryan Lillis, Dale Kasler and Tony Bizjak
rlillis@sacbee.com
Published: Friday, May. 24, 2013 - 12:00 am | Page 1A
Last Modified: Friday, May. 24, 2013 - 6:28 am

It was a collective exhale for a weathered fan base.

Thousands of Kings fans packed downtown's Cesar Chavez Plaza on Thursday night to celebrate the franchise's suddenly solid future in Sacramento. It was a raucous rally, with fans packing the sidewalks around the park for hours before the gates opened and several hundred remaining long after the festivities had ended.

Former and current Kings players addressed the crowd. A huge screen behind the stage flashed video highlights of the team's glory years. Dance groups performed and members of local rock band Tesla serenaded the audience.

The true superstars of the night weren't the Kings players or the musicians, but rather an unlikely group of out-of-town investors led by a Silicon Valley software tycoon.

The spotlight shone brightest on Vivek Ranadive – described by Mayor Kevin Johnson as "the captain of this ship" – whose new ownership group just last week reached an agreement to buy the Kings from the Maloof family.

Like a rock star making his way into a stadium, Ranadive was mobbed as he arrived at the rally and darted from one media appearance to another. NBA staffers had to supply the soft-spoken executive with a lozenge to soothe his spent voice. One woman in the crowd followed Ranadive with a sign that read, "In Vivek We Trust."

And when he took the stage, draped in a custom Kings jersey with his name on the back, a crowd that Kings officials estimated at 15,000 erupted.

"I want to promise you that the Kings are your team," said Ranadive, whose daughter Anjali sang with Tesla. "And the Kings are here to stay."

The other star of the night was Johnson, who led the city's effort to assemble an ownership group and arena plan good enough to block the Kings' proposed move to Seattle. The mayor was introduced to the crowd by Kings legend Chris Webber, who lifted Johnson in a bear hug when he took the stage.

"Did you believe we could pull it off?" the mayor said. "This is truly a defining moment in the history of the city of Sacramento."

The Ranadive group reached a deal to buy the Kings last Friday, two days after the Kings' proposed move to Seattle was vetoed by the NBA. The NBA board of governors is expected to approve the sale next week.

The investors' group also has an agreement with the city to build a new $448 million, publicly subsidized arena for the team at Downtown Plaza. Ranadive told reporters his group has "sent the check" to purchase the Downtown Plaza for an undisclosed sum from JMA Ventures, the firm that bought the mall last fall.

"We now have the ability to control" the Downtown Plaza site), he said.

City officials have said they aim to open the arena in time for the 2016 NBA season.

Fans lined downtown streets for hours before the rally began, creating the kind of festive atmosphere downtown that city officials hope to see with a new arena.

Tim Ghiorso, a Kings fan who trekked to Dallas for the NBA vote sealing the Kings' future in Sacramento, was working the crowd – as an employee. He just got hired as one of 40 new season-ticket sellers and was looking for his first sale.

"I've got to make some sales or they'll let me go," he said with a smile.

Marquis Hunter and Shawana Richards arrived with matching T-shirts that had the lines through the names of the cities trying to lure the Kings – Las Vegas, Anaheim, Virginia Beach and Seattle – followed by the tag line: "Nice try Maloofs!"

Hunter said he just bought season tickets for the first time and was psyched for next season. "I knew they were gonna stay," he said.

Several hundred fans crowded around a makeshift booth as Ranadive and Johnson gave a live interview to ESPN, occasionally chanting "Thank you KJ" and "Sacramento." Afterward, Ranadive signed a giant "Long live the Kings" banner that will hang from the rafters of the arena.

Co-owners Andy Miller, a San Francisco tech executive, and Chris Kelly, a former Facebook executive, mingled with the crowd, largely unnoticed, and talked enthusiastically about their plans for the team.

"We need to bring India to Sacramento – you do that through social media," said Miller, who's been named chairman of the team's technology committee. He said the team will roll out a new mobile app that will let fans at the arena order food, pull up video clips and upgrade their seats.

Kelly arrived at the rally following a stint in the ticket-sales office of Sleep Train Arena. He acknowledged that he wasn't able to get any tickets sold, but got a "maybe" from one fan. "I'm hoping I'll get a late close," Kelly said.

Team owners are watching social media to get a sense of what fans want in the new arena, he said, adding, "We're seeing every post."

Kings minority owner John Kehriotis, attired in purple, gushed like a starstruck fan about meeting his new fellow owners.

"They are a great group, a diverse group," he said. "They are positive thinkers, with no limits. They are going to set an example for the league."

Earlier Thursday, Ranadive also took a 15-minute turn inside the Kings' ticket office at Sleep Train Arena, phoning season-ticket holders to ask them to renew for the upcoming season. He made four sales, in one case persuading a fellow Hindi speaker to double his commitment to a total of $20,944.

"Thank you sir," he told the purchaser, "and I look forward to seeing you opening night."

He told another fan who agreed to renew his season tickets: "I know where your seat is, I'll come say hello." With yet another caller, he had to spell his first name and appeared to have trouble convincing the season ticketholder it was really him.

Before he started on his phone calls, Ranadive led employees in a brief chant: "You have to say, 'Attitude, huh!' " he told them. "I want an exclamation point."

They complied.

Watch a live replay of Thursday's Kings rally at http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/king...cramento-kings-rally-live-updates-photos.html Call The Bee's Tony Bizjak, (916) 321-1059.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/24/5444825/sacramento-celebrates-keeping.html#storylink=cpy

ha_rooney

Indiana leading at the half.

Very impressive again, but Miami closed the half quite well. Hopefully the Pacers can old on and get the win tonight.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Offensive rebounds are killing the heat. Those missed free throws as well..

By the way, what's wrong with Allen?!

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
What a finish to the third quarter! Slap of hands as well between Lebron and George. Nice.

Miami though, not nice. Haven't led at any point in the game, and this game is in Miami!

1-1 repeat of last year is definitely on the cards here..

gamma1

Another good game in the Eastern Conference finals. The two poor turnovers by Lebron late in the fourth quarter sealed the win for Indiana. The Heat have to step up their approach significantly in the next two matches to break down a defensively solid and resolute Indiana team more effectively.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Fantastic and famous victory in Miami for the Pacers! Okay boys, win two at home and we're in the driver's seat!
So everyone's supporting Pacers now? Anyway this shows how much important defense is. Hopefully this series will continue to be like this.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Hey, I've been a Pacers fan since the first Reggie Miller series with the Knicks, before I ever lived in Indiana. I've just been a Lakers fan for longer.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Another good game in the Eastern Conference finals. The two poor turnovers by Lebron late in the fourth quarter sealed the win for Indiana. The Heat have to step up their approach significantly in the next two matches to break down a defensively solid and resolute Indiana team more effectively.
IMO the game was lost when Chalmers missed that wide open corner three to put the Heat up by seven late in the game, and instead Indiana rebounded the ball, broke, and scored a three to cut it to one on the next possession.

Obviously those two turnovers by Lebron in the end were costly as well, but Indiana is a great defensive team, and you have to credit the defence for those as well.

ha_rooney

Brilliant game.

Spurs are a terrific team. Duncan is a beast. Every year I think they'll suck and be too old but they're always one of the contenders and they will surely wrap up the series within the next 2 games.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If they sweep and the pacers heat game goes to a game 7 that will give the Spurs a ten day rest.

gamma1

The Spurs now look likely to end the series in Memphis. The Grizzlies started out very well in the first quarter of game 3 with successful, penetrative plays. Then they seemed to run out of energy as the game progressed and San Antonio's experience began to show. Randolph didn't have much of an impact overall. The ever-reliable veteran Duncan once again proved vital in overtime.

IMO the game was lost when Chalmers missed that wide open corner three to put the Heat up by seven late in the game, and instead Indiana rebounded the ball, broke, and scored a three to cut it to one on the next possession.
Well, Chalmers hasn't had the best of games in this particular series so I didn't expect him to affect proceedings too much. Nonetheless, I do agree with you that it was an excellent opportunity for Miami to firmly secure their control over the game.

Overall though, the Pacers look like a well-oiled machine where every player effectively contributes to the team's effort both in defense and offense. Hibbert in particular has been enjoying one brilliant play-off game after another. For some reason, I'm not seeing the same kind of cohesion and collective productivity from the Heat. Although D. Wade made some vital buckets in the second half, Lebron appears to be the sole driving force behind much of Miami's attack. I think this over-reliance induced needless fatigue in the fourth quarter which ultimately led to the uncharacteristic turnovers that had a huge impact on the match.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Duncan must have found the fountain of youth. What an amazing player he is, this looks to be his 5th trip to the finals, and the Spurs have NEVER lost in the finals in their history, Duncan and company are 4-0.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Good first quarter (offensively).. Now watch Miami hit a dry spell in the second half. My prediction, they will be limited to under 20 points in the second quarter.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The Spurs now look likely to end the series in Memphis. The Grizzlies started out very well in the first quarter of game 3 with successful, penetrative plays. Then they seemed to run out of energy as the game progressed and San Antonio's experience began to show. Randolph didn't have much of an impact overall. The ever-reliable veteran Duncan once again proved vital in overtime.

Well, Chalmers hasn't had the best of games in this particular series so I didn't expect him to affect proceedings too much. Nonetheless, I do agree with you that it was an excellent opportunity for Miami to firmly secure their control over the game.

Overall though, the Pacers look like a well-oiled machine where every player effectively contributes to the team's effort both in defense and offense. Hibbert in particular has been enjoying one brilliant play-off game after another. For some reason, I'm not seeing the same kind of cohesion and collective productivity from the Heat. Although D. Wade made some vital buckets in the second half, Lebron appears to be the sole driving force behind much of Miami's attack. I think this over-reliance induced needless fatigue in the fourth quarter which ultimately led to the uncharacteristic turnovers that had a huge impact on the match.
True, but not an excuse. I'm sure Lebron would trade a big chunk of this year's salary just to have those two possessions back.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Hibbert out for now.. Hope he comes back. I share Vogel's view on this. I hope both teams will play out the series in full strength. Been a great series so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.