g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2016-17

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
We've had better days for sure... I'm confident we'll turn it around though.
I'm actually a little surprised that Walton didn't wait on Bogut and Barnes. He surely must have known that if the Warriors got Durant they were on their way. Since he's worked with both of them it surely would seem to be a good fit. Even though Bogut's a little older I would have taken him over Mozgov.

Last edited:

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I'm actually a little surprised that Walton didn't wait on Bogut and Barnes. He surely must have known that if the Warriors got Durant they were on their way. Since he's worked with both of them it surely would seem to be a good fit. Even though Bogut's a little older I would have taken him over Mozgov.
No way of knowing hindsight. Cuban lucked out, up to now Dallas was the big loser of this free agency until today's events.

Skills

Snitch
2 years $40m. Deserves it, took a big paycut the last 2 years.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
David West to the Warriors for the veteran minimum. :lol:

EDIT: And Zaza Pachulia for $2.9m. (to the Warriors)

Scarecrow

Having a week off
David West to the Warriors for the veteran minimum. :lol:

EDIT: And Zaza Pachulia for $2.9m. (to the Warriors)
Lucky feckers.

What are the chances of seeing a Thompson - Curry - Iguodala - Durant - Green line up?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
More maneuvering by the Dubs.

From hoopsrumors.com

A year after taking a significant pay cut to sign with the Spurs, David West has once again decided to forgo a major payday in order to join a title contender. According to David Aldridge of NBA.com (via Twitter), West has agreed to terms on a one-year, minimum-salary contract with the Warriors. The minimum salary for a player with West’s experience is $1,551,659.

In 2016/17, West will take another shot at a ring with the Warriors, who are huge title favorites after agreeing to sign Kevin Durant. In addition to striking a deal with Durant and now landing West, Golden State also got Zaza Pachulia to agree to a below market contract to join the roster, fortifying the team’s frontcourt.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Will there be much point in watching the season next year :boring:

Hope Wade joins Cleveland now and we may as well jump to the finals and watch GSW beat Cavs in 6.

Yes I am upset my Raptors are being left behind with everybody else :mad:

Zen

I'm not entirely sure what the Bulls are doing....Rondo/Wade/Butler

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Parting shot at Riles?

Imagine this possibility: Whiteside backs out, goes to Dallas instead. No Bogut trade to facilitate Durant, who goes back to the Thunder. Bananas.

ZDwyr

Parting shot at Riles?

Imagine this possibility: Whiteside backs out, goes to Dallas instead. No Bogut trade to facilitate Durant, who goes back to the Thunder. Bananas.
I think someone would still take Bogut.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm not entirely sure what the Bulls are doing....Rondo/Wade/Butler
Butler as small forward? Trying to assembly the worst 3 pts shooting team in the league?

Last edited:

Sarni

I don't think Miami are a playoff team right now. Tyler Johnson is a huge step down and they don't have that much quality elsewhere with Bosh out. They're a great FA market though and could do some trades to empty their cap hold.

Ezeli is talking to Portland now, they're strong favourites but it depends on whether his knees are fine. He's been injured forever for the past two seasons and he will have to undergo a thorough medical examination to even be considered for a contract. Also, I'm hoping he will take a bargain offer like 1+1 contract for $7M - $9M a year, I wouldn't like to renounce anyone to accommodate a player with his injury history.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Supposedly Riley told Wade to take a one-year, $10m deal for 16-17 and with his Bird rights he could pay him $37m the following year. It's said that Wade didn't trust Riley to follow through. Believe Le Batard, Sedano, or Windhorst reported that.

ZDwyr

Durant saying, "I'm sure we'll talk again" about Westbrook makes me think he didn't take Durant's decision well.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Durant saying, "I'm sure we'll talk again" about Westbrook makes me think he didn't take Durant's decision well.
Lost season for Westbrook right now, sucks for him. Durant took the easy way out, yet he doesn't get the hate LeBron got. Handled it different but still.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Lost season for Westbrook right now, sucks for him. Durant took the easy way out, yet he doesn't get the hate LeBron got. Handled it different but still.
I think his decision has ruined the next season of the NBA. Just a season waiting for GSW to win it now.

Sarni

Ezeli at $15M for two years is a cracking deal for Portland. If Turner fits in, Portland will have quietly had an excellent free agency. Ezeli is exactly what was missed, a tough, physical rim protector with huge upside.

Crabbe accepted Nets' offer sheet, $70M for 4 years. I don't think Portland should match for any other reason than to immediately trade him.