NBA 2018-2019

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I am not trying to. I made a comment which is not wrong to say or “assume” but he got butthurt about it.

Like I said Toronto should not give a shet they won and history will say they are champions.
He is right though, you are making assumptions and stating them as facts, Warriors had a close series vs Rockets who aren't nearly as good as the Raptors with Durant, you just can't say they would have won.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Will the Warriors still be considered a dynasty ? Not for me, there are too many things wrong with this team, the stars need to align perfectly for them in order to win the NBA title.
Nah they are great. With a bit of luck they have 5 in a row, with a record regular season to boot. 2 of the 3 titles they won weren’t even a contest in the Finals.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It’s always wrong to call something that never happened ‘a fact’.
Nothing In life is a fact but there are things that are pretty dam close to it. If you choose to ignore that that is on you.

ArseHat

Crazy how Golden State lost all three home games in this series, even with the injuries.

Wonder what Kawhi will do. He is impossible to read. Could just as easily see him leave, as him staying. Even if he leaves, Toronto will forever love him.

Will the Warriors still be considered a dynasty ? Not for me, there are too many things wrong with this team, the stars need to align perfectly for them in order to win the NBA title.
Definitely a dynasty. Three rings in five seasons is as good a return as any other team in the modern era.

Sarni

Nothing In life is a fact but there are things that are pretty dam close to it. If you choose to ignore that that is on you.
Ok. Different types of facts then.

A bit like the fact that Knicks deserved Zion, and the other fact that Pelicans got him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
WTF . 5 straight finals . Even the two losses have been in 7 & 6 . People genuinely underestimate how hard it is to make the finals year after year . How can you genuinely say so much is wrong with this team ? Even today they took so many punches but fought till the end just like the first title loss . The amount of heart in this team is second to no other team I have seen . Look at how some of the other teams like the Rockets fold year after year

Sarni

Crazy how Golden State lost all three home games in this series, even with the injuries.

Wonder what Kawhi will do. He is impossible to read. Could just as easily see him leave, as him staying. Even if he leaves, Toronto will forever love him.
Warriors lost all 7 home games to top 4 of the East, and most of them were blowout losses. A bit weird.

I have absolutely zero idea what Kawhi does. I thought he was going to Clippers but not sure anymore.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

He makes any team he is on many times better, I would love him at the Rockets but that would never happen sadly. :(

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
If it were any other team I would've been supporting GSW. Such heart shown with their injury troubles, playing without Klay for the 4th quarter but still showing fight to take it to the buzzer.

Anyways, no one will remember the injuries, this is Toronto's time. We the North, we the Champions!

SportingCP96

Supports
He is right though, you are making assumptions and stating them as facts, Warriors had a close series vs Rockets who aren't nearly as good as the Raptors with Durant, you just can't say they would have won.
It’s different series different games. NBA finals are completely different especially for a defending champion.

To assume as “fact” that a Healthy warriors with arguable the best player in the world averaging 35+ Steph getting open looks and Klay would win is not far fetched AT ALL. They ran thru Lebron James back to back with KD getting finals MVP.

Sarni

It’s different series different games. NBA finals are completely different especially for a defending champion.

To assume as “fact” that a Healthy warriors with arguable the best player in the world averaging 35+ Steph getting open looks and Klay would win is not far fetched AT ALL. They ran thru Lebron James back to back with KD getting finals MVP.
I’m not saying the theory that they would have won is far fetched. Just that it’s not a fact, and it’s entirely possible Toronto would have still won or made it a contest (unlike you who think they would have been lucky to win one game).

Still, that never happened. Toronto won fair and square.

Sarni

To be fair we got swept by Warriors without KD so I can easily recognize what Raptors have just done is super impressive and deserves a championship.

Sarni

We are set for a tremendous offseason too, with so many high profile free agents and AD available.

It’s the first time in 4 years you cannot tell who is favorite to win the title.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm a harsh mofo', I cannot see past those famous ** everyone has been talking about.
Ya I’m quite the crazy guy. Warriors with with KD ain’t that good ask Lebron.

SportingCP96

Supports
I’m not saying the theory that they would have won is far fetched. Just that it’s not a fact, and it’s entirely possible Toronto would have still won or made it a contest (unlike you who think they would have been lucky to win one game).

Still, that never happened. Toronto won fair and square.
They might have made it a contest ya but they probably would have still lost.

You think they still win and I think they maybe lost in 5. They beat Lebron and Kyrie who are better then Kawhi and Lowry in 5 but once again...I am crazy apparently.

One thing we ageee in they won fair and square.

Sarni

They might have made it a contest ya but they probably would have still lost.

You think they still win and I think they maybe lost in 5. They beat Lebron and Kyrie who are better then Kawhi and Lowry in 5 but once again...I am crazy apparently.

One thing we ageee in they won fair and square.
I didn’t say they still win. I don’t know. They would be underdogs for sure (they still were at the beginning of the series without KD present anyway).

I don’t think it’s crazy to say Warriors with KD win. I say it shouldn’t be considered a fact.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I didn’t say they still win. I don’t know. They would be underdogs for sure (they still were at the beginning of the series without KD present anyway).

I don’t think it’s crazy to say Warriors with KD win. I say it shouldn’t be considered a fact.
Facts!!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The shit thing is last 3 days I was convinced that warriors would lose today and same feeling was there at HT but that third quarter till the injury felt very different. For the first time it felt like warriors were winning this game .

SportingCP96

Supports

Then I should of said “fact” because based on test example of the past 2 years as examples it’s as close to a “fact” as you would get.

Then you want to bring up a past discussion which had no relation to this one so you could try to act smart and funny where you tried to twist up something I never said.

Revan

Assumptionman
Congrats to Raptors, the better team in these finals. Unbelievable achievement.

Dubs will be back with KD and Klay.

SportingCP96

Supports
Congrats to Raptors, the better team in these finals. Unbelievable achievement.

Dubs will be back with KD and Klay.
I think KD stays now. Warriors want a crack at this again but not too sure it will happen. They are not the clear best team in the NBA anymore.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Windsor getting pretty hyped up too, great night out. Get the feck in. Such an intense game the whole way, credit for Golden State for how they kept managing to stay in the series and keep it so close despite the injury problems.

Finally a team from Canada fecking wins something though :lol: Feels like its been forever that we won something of note.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Windsor getting pretty hyped up too, great night out. Get the feck in. Such an intense game the whole way, credit for Golden State for how they kept managing to stay in the series and keep it so close despite the injury problems.

Finally a team from Canada fecking wins something though :lol: Feels like its been forever that we won something of note.
NEVER FORGET TORONTO FC IN 2017