g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2018-2019

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That was the series in one play: Jazz get a big defensive stop, go in transition, Rubio takes a wide open corner 3 for the lead...airball

Also, aside from Harden, PJ Tucker is the most important player on the Rockets. Take him out and the Dubs would sweep the Rockets unless Harden goes for 50. Chris Paul or not

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
You're ignoring context. For Dame, there was no such as a bad shot in that game. And given how he's been shooting all series, that was in fact a pretty good shot. A clean look, in rhythm

You could argue he should have run a play, get the rest of the team involved and hunt for the best possible shot. Sure. But that's Damian Lillard with a scorching hot hand. Honestly, while i understand how bonkers it was, i'm surprised at people saying that was a bad shot. I mean, did you actually thought that wasn't going in? :confused:
If you think that shot was more likely to go in than not, PM me and we can start betting on all sorts of things. I'm planning a vacation in August that needs funding.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So dumb by the jazz with the fouls for no reason against a team that they had kept at 35% shooting

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
That was the series in one play: Jazz get a big defensive stop, go in transition, Rubio takes a wide open corner 3 for the lead...airball

Also, aside from Harden, PJ Tucker is the most important player on the Rockets. Take him out and the Dubs would sweep the Rockets unless Harden goes for 50. Chris Paul or not
PJ Tucker is great and all but you're crazy if you think he is more important than CP3.

ZDwyr

If you think that shot was more likely to go in than not, PM me and we can start betting on all sorts of things. I'm planning a vacation in August that needs funding.
We all know context > statistical evidence/patterns :rolleyes:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Clippers taking Warriors to game 6 is lovely. I really don’t think Warriors are that invincible this year, thankfully. Rockets are going to give them a series.

ZDwyr

Yep, I've been on the 'Warriors will win easy' train for a long time. I think Houston will push them though. If Houston had the same team as last season they'd probably be favourites.

ArseHat

GS paid the price for taking the Clippers lightly, probably thought they would roll over for them and coast to a win. The Clips have alotta heart, it’s not easy taking two games at Oracle in a series. Just a scrappy group of guys that play hard and are well coached. Free agents probably taking an interest in how they are playing. A superstar on the Clippers will have them as serious players in the West, especially if KD leaves GS, and they have room for two maxes also.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Clippers really have a lot of heart. On the court if the Dubs are going to attempt 39 threes then Curry has got to be taking more than 5 especially when he's hitting those outside shots. There is no argument that this is definitely now a series.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
What does this nonsense even mean? Points, rebounds and assists are meaningless? Okay then.
Meaningless for success in the playoffs. It's all shiny and glossy if you reach these numbers, but it's not relevant and not effective for success in the playoffs.

Sarni

The fact that Houston will have a couple of days of extra rest, and are a much deeper team than the Warriors anyway, will be important too.

I wouldn’t have expected that on 25 April one of the only two series left would be Warriors v Clippers.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The fact that Houston will have a couple of days of extra rest, and are a much deeper team than the Warriors anyway, will be important too.

I wouldn’t have expected that on 25 April one of the only two series left would be Warriors v Clippers.
Houston just needs to play it intense (and they can), I don't think Harden will keep shooting this bad and then it'll be game over. It's great that things can be a bit unpredictable

Sarni

Houston just needs to play it intense (and they can), I don't think Harden will keep shooting this bad and then it'll be game over. It's great that things can be a bit unpredictable
Harden was poor in most of the Jazz series and it still ended up a comfortable win for them. Granted Utah do not have the offense to threaten good playoffs teams but it was still impressive how many Rockets players stepped up at various moments of that series.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
PJ Tucker is great and all but you're crazy if you think he is more important than CP3.
Nope. He's the skeleton key of your defence. CP3 is obviously important, but if Harden plays a monster series and 3s keep falling, you can't make do without CP3. Without Tucker you'd have no working defensive plan against the dubs, and you wouldn't have a chance

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I realized what he wanted to do with about 4 seconds left on the clock and started cackling like a maniac. I knew the shot was going in. Player like, on that kind of night? If he's taking the shot he wants to take -and this was the case- he's gonna make it

We all know context > statistical evidence/patterns :rolleyes:
Statistical evidence says Dame was supernova hot from that distance throughout the series

Revan

Assumptionman
Kudos to Clippers, for a team without a superstar they are very good. Everyone thought that they are going to be shit after their big 3 left, however they have managed to do a nice rebuild while they can offer one or two players max contracts in free agency. Kawhi going there will make them even better, maybe even title challengers.

Sarni

I like that Spurs v Nuggets is going to game 7. Whoever wins will have played two games more than Blazers and if it’s Spurs going through then we would also have home court advantage.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Glad that's over with, the Clippers were tough. Great night from KD again. He averaged 35 for the series on 50/40/90 shooting. Steph had another decent night and finished up averaging 25 on 50/50/90 shooting. Worried about his right ankle a bit though. He seemed to turn it awkwardly in the first half. I guess we'll see Sunday.

Gotta say, I love this time of year. :D:D:D

Revan

Assumptionman
When KD goes nuts, he is incredible. In the first half he destroyed Clippers, while in the second he still scored many points, but Clippers had to double him which meant that Iggy was almost unguarded.

Sarni

KD was great on offense last night but he had dreadful moments on defense in the same series.

Can’t wait for Toronto v Phila. I did not believe in Toronto before the playoffs, having witnessed them fail so many times before but they are the real deal this year.

RooneyLegend

KD should have went to the clippers when he left OKC. He hasn't gotten the respect he deserves despite being nothing short of a monster. Best player in the world.

ZDwyr

Must be a weird experience for the Warriors to not have the injury luck on their side in the playoffs.

Fridge chutney

KD was great on offense last night but he had dreadful moments on defense in the same series.

Can’t wait for Toronto v Phila. I did not believe in Toronto before the playoffs, having witnessed them fail so many times before but they are the real deal this year.
The difference this year is that Raptors have Kawhi.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Must be a weird experience for the Warriors to not have the injury luck on their side in the playoffs.
Do people just not remember or do they just try and block it out. Last year Steph Curry missed the first six games of the playoffs. Klay got hurt too but played through it. In 2016 after they won 73 games Steph missed 6 more and was never the same even when he came back. I will say to my dying day his injuries cost the Warriors a Championship that year. In 2017 KD missed a couple as well. To say that the Dubs never get any injuries for the playoffs is just not true. You play what's in front of you and I'm sure the Rockets will have no sympathy come Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Do people just not remember or do they just try and block it out. Last year Steph Curry missed the first six games of the playoffs. Klay got hurt too but played through it. In 2016 after they won 73 games Steph missed 6 more and was never the same even when he came back. I will say to my dying day his injuries cost the Warriors a Championship that year. In 2017 KD missed a couple as well. To say that the Dubs never get any injuries for the playoffs is just not true. You play what's in front of you and I'm sure the Rockets will have no sympathy come Sunday afternoon.
I was just trying to bait you tbh :lol:

ArseHat

Awful clock management to end the game for the Spurs. Have no idea why they didn’t foul when the shot clock differential was less than 5 seconds and they were down by more than one possession. Uncharacteristic mistake from a Pop coached team.

Denver vs Portland it is, should be interesting.