NBA 2018-2019

Bobski

This Warriors/Rockets game is an utter atrocity on the eyes. Just an abysmal style of basketball being played. Spamming 3's and contorting the body in the air to try and draw fouls. No wonder viewership is down, makes for a ugly watch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This Warriors/Rockets game is an utter atrocity on the eyes. Just an abysmal style of basketball being played. Spamming 3's and contorting the body in the air to try and draw fouls. No wonder viewership is down, makes for a ugly watch.
Spot on, this is terrible to watch.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Durant is carrying them right now. No way they're winning it next year without him.

Revan

Assumptionman
I take back what I said for him. 2 fantastic defenses and then this three.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Durant ruined basketball and for that reason alone he should never be held up with the greats.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Good non-call on that last harden 3. Rest of the game though... :wenger:

I mean, the refs were consistent(and terrible) both ways. It's just that they missed so many more calls against the rockets

Bobski

That last flop by Harden is a joke, I'm lost for words.
And looking on some of the basketball forums there are people calling that a foul. Pushes off and jumps forward into the defender. If you start calling that the defender will have to start jumping back on a challenge.

Foul baiting at an all time high in the NBA, hate it.

kouroux

And looking on some of the basketball forums there are people calling that a foul. Pushes off and jumps forward into the defender. If you start calling that the defender will have to start jumping back on a challenge.

I wish NBA refs would be consistent in games and most importantly between regular season and playoffs. Why is the refereeing so different in the playoffs ?

Revan

Assumptionman
I wish NBA refs would be consistent in games and most importantly between regular season and playoffs. Why is the refereeing so different in the playoffs ?
Yep, two totally different styles of refereeing. No idea how that makes sense.

Bobski

Because the playoffs is real sport and the regular season is a just a glorified exhibition session for 82 games allowing star names to build their profile and stats to aid the league in marketing.

Needless to say, I somewhat despise the regular season, just non stop chuck fests, especially with the 3 being the only way to play, it is not real basketball.

kouroux

Because the playoffs is real sport and the regular season is a just a glorified exhibition session for 82 games allowing star names to build their profile and stats to aid the league in marketing.

Needless to say, I somewhat despise the regular season, just non stop chuck fests, especially with the 3 being the only way to play, it is not real basketball.
I think having the same type of refereeing could make the regular produce more exciting games.

Bobski

I think having the same type of refereeing could make the regular produce more exciting games.
Possibly, still going to get those star calls though. Players just don't take it as seriously though either, look at how many ridiculous 142-149 style scorelines we had this year, yes the refs barely allow any defense to be played but bringing that playoff intensity over an 82 game season is not really possible. They should shorten the season down to around 60 games, could aid the quality, help with tanking, but it would effect those so precious stats that are so beloved and you have the financial loss which makes it a non starter.

kouroux

Possibly, still going to get those star calls though. Players just don't take it as seriously though either, look at how many ridiculous 142-149 style scorelines we had this year, yes the refs barely allow any defense to be played but bringing that playoff intensity over an 82 game season is not really possible. They should shorten the season down to around 60 games, could aid the quality, help with tanking, but it would effect those so precious stats that are so beloved and you have the financial loss which makes it a non starter.
You are right, 82 games might too long for this but something needs to be done. I don't mind 3 pointers shot by snipers but when everyone does it left,right and center... It's painful to watch

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
People were getting giddy but rockets aren't going to do shit against the warriors.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Its because he has KD and the refs to bail him out time after time.
I’ve got to ask what do you want from the guy? He’s averaging 24 per game in these playoffs on close to 50/45/95 shooting and then makes the most important shot of the game at the end.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a horrendous game . Rockets are such a boring team to watch and Warriors realise that they are probably going to lose if they play normally and so they get involved in a similar style which leads to just terrible basketball.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
id have to see a replay again but i dont think klay was standing still
He doesn't even have to stand still. He's got position. It's Paul that crashes into him

VJ1762

Its because he has KD and the refs to bail him out time after time.
Man, people really forget that he had a championship and was the unanimous MVP before KD arrived. And the guy has come close to fouling out in most playoff games this season, opposition players can grab him, foul him without the refs calling it, but yeah, he is getting bailed out by the refs all the time.

RooneyLegend

It feels like the Bucks are done. These one dimensional teams always get found out in the playoffs.

sport2793

Harden is useless, his style of play is predicated on getting star treatment from the refs. The minute he doesn't he cries to the entire world, as evidenced by his post game comments today.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It feels like the Bucks are done. These one dimensional teams always get found out in the playoffs.
What a weird thing to say when it’s literally the first season of them being genuinely good and they are a completely different team compared to what they were in previous years with Jason Kidd and Prunty, and this was their first loss.

I also have my doubts but let’s give them a chance.

Sarni

Wasn’t a foul but if the scoreline was reversed and it was a Warriors player shooting there they would have 100% got three free throws.

RooneyLegend

What a weird thing to say when it’s literally the first season of them being genuinely good and they are a completely different team compared to what they were in previous years with Jason Kidd and Prunty, and this was their first loss.

I also have my doubts but let’s give them a chance.
I'm saying in general one dimensional teams get found out in the playoffs, not really talking about them and their history. With the freak unable to collapse the Celtics defence they are in big trouble, hard to see what adjustments they could make.

Sarni

I'm saying in general one dimensional teams get found out in the playoffs, not really talking about them and their history. With the freak unable to collapse the Celtics defence they are in big trouble, hard to see what adjustments they could make.
I’m not sure but Celtics played a near perfect game last night. They’re not going to be this good for the whole series I think.

Toronto will be much tougher for both these teams, they are just good across the whole team. It seems like they made great calls with Kawhi (it was an obvious trade to make) and Gasol (a risky one but turns out brilliant). Seeing how much trouble Kawhi has given Golden State in the past, and the fact that they don’t have Zaza anymore to send out to deliberately injure him, I could see them giving them a series in the Finals if they face each other.

Sarni

Seems like Kanter might be out of game 1 and maybe whole series with shoulder injury.

I will puke if Meyers Leonard has to play 20+ minutes in the series.

Sarni

I can understand the Rockets' frustration
It was a risk to give those fouls because that might have upset the Warriors and they could have lost game 1, which would have upset them as well.