NBA 2018-2019

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
All 3 by Klay were fouls, and in that clip you can see the difference between those and the Paul one, were Paul just sticks out his hip to generate contact. Harden does the same with his legs on the final play with Green. Those two were correct non-calls imho.

But yeah, on the whole, the refs were pretty bad and screwed the rockets more than the warriors(though that could have gone the other way very easily. Both Curry's and especially Iggy's 5th fouls were jokes)

Revan

Assumptionman
All 3 by Klay were fouls, and in that clip you can see the difference between those and the Paul one, were Paul just sticks out his hip to generate contact. Harden does the same with his legs on the final play with Green. Those two were correct non-calls imho.

But yeah, on the whole, the refs were pretty bad and screwed the rockets more than the warriors(though that could have gone the other way very easily. Both Curry's and especially Iggy's 5th fouls were jokes)
Curry also had a three pointer which should have been awarded a foul (so three free kicks), and Durant had one or two cases where he was fouled but refs didn't see it that way. However, back to back fouls in Harden in the first half were arguably the worst officiating in the game, and while I said yesterday that it is just playoff rules, I think that they should have been fouls (and so 5-6 extra points for Rockets in the first half).

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Curry also had a three pointer which should have been awarded a foul (so three free kicks), and Durant had one or two cases where he was fouled but refs didn't see it that way. However, back to back fouls in Harden in the first half were arguably the worst officiating in the game, and while I said yesterday that it is just playoff rules, I think that they should have been fouls (and so 5-6 extra points for Rockets in the first half).
ffs :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Curry having another stinker. No superstar (bar Westbrook) has more stinkers than him in playoffs, yet he isn't made responsible for them by media and fans.
I was going to let this go but your statement comparing Curry to Westbrook is ridiculous. In these playoffs alone Russ scored 114 points on 111 shots which is pretty darn bad. A better comparison would be with Damian Lillard since we all know how good he has been throughout these playoffs (bloody brilliant at times). First of all Steph has more rebounds per game than Dame, he also has more assists per game than Dame and also less turnovers. However, somewhat surprisingly even though he has taken 15 less shots than Dame (115 to 100) he also has more points (166 to 165). Bottom line, you take enough shots anybody can look good.

Last edited:

massi83

I was going to let this go but your statement comparing Curry to Westbrook is ridiculous. In these playoffs alone Russ scored 114 points on 111 shots which is pretty darn bad. A better comparison would be with Damian Lillard since we all know how good he has been throughout these playoffs (bloody brilliant at times). First of all Steph has more rebounds per game than Dame, he also has more assists per game than Dame and also less turnovers. However, somewhat surprisingly even though he has taken 15 less shots than Dame (115 to 100) he also has more points (166) Bottom line, you take enough shots anybody can look good.
God, you are the Glastonspur of this thread.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Seems like Kanter might be out of game 1 and maybe whole series with shoulder injury.

I will puke if Meyers Leonard has to play 20+ minutes in the series.
Leonard and Collins have no chance against Jokic in the post. Kanter would've done better. You'd need to double now.

massi83

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Agreed.

You provide plenty of good material to this thread and thanks for those parts. Then 70-80% of it is just "Curry is the best ever basketball player and human", which can be a little tiresome.
It’s lucky George Best is not still alive if you think I’m a big Steph fan.

.....damn, and that means only 20-30 percent is good stuff.

Must do better.......

massi83

It’s lucky George Best is not still alive if you think I’m a big Steph fan.

.....damn, and that means only 20-30 percent is good stuff.

Must do better.......
The good stuff is excellent. :) Just maybe a little less of the Curry stuff if you can bite your tongue on some occasions. Makes the ratio better, and you don't even have to do anything! It's better than my 0% of good posts :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The good stuff is excellent. :) Just maybe a little less of the Curry stuff if you can bite your tongue on some occasions. Makes the ratio better, and you don't even have to do anything! It's better than my 0% of good posts :lol:
You’re right I should have let it go. As you can see from the first line of my post I was going to.
I was going to let this go but your statement comparing Curry to Westbrook is ridiculous. In these playoffs alone Russ scored 114 points on 111 shots which is pretty darn bad. A better comparison would be with Damian Lillard since we all know how good he has been throughout these playoffs (bloody brilliant at times). First of all Steph has more rebounds per game than Dame, he also has more assists per game than Dame and also less turnovers. However, somewhat surprisingly even though he has taken 15 less shots than Dame (115 to 100) he also has more points (166 to 165). Bottom line. Steph needs to be taking about 5 more shots per game.
.....but comparing Westbrook to Curry. aaagh! I think @Revan did it on purpose just to get me irritated.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Leonard and Collins have no chance against Jokic in the post. Kanter would've done better. You'd need to double now.
Kanter would be killed on defense as well but he would also score against Jokic.

Collins is a great defender actually.

Nuggets will struggle to contain Dame and CJ as well, so this could be a high scoring series.

Sarni

I was going to let this go but your statement comparing Curry to Westbrook is ridiculous. In these playoffs alone Russ scored 114 points on 111 shots which is pretty darn bad. A better comparison would be with Damian Lillard since we all know how good he has been throughout these playoffs (bloody brilliant at times). First of all Steph has more rebounds per game than Dame, he also has more assists per game than Dame and also less turnovers. However, somewhat surprisingly even though he has taken 15 less shots than Dame (115 to 100) he also has more points (166 to 165). Bottom line, you take enough shots anybody can look good.
Don't you dare compare Dame in these playoffs to Curry in these playoffs.

Of course he has more points, he has two more games!

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Don't you dare compare Dame in these playoffs to Curry in these playoffs.

Of course he has more points, he has two more games!
Yes but he has taken less shots. That was my whole point. You take enough shots anyone can look good. Steph has a better shooting percentage, more assists per game, more rebounds per game, less turnovers - period (even with the two extra games) and more points on less shots.

.....and yes Dame has been excellent.

Sarni

Yes but he has taken less shots. That was my whole point. You take enough shots anyone can look good. Steph has a better shooting percentage, more assists per game, more rebounds per game, less turnovers - period (even with the two extra games) and more points on less shots.

.....and yes Dame has been excellent.
If Dame was surrounded by three other All-Stars his percents would have increased as well. He's hardly ever open.

Of course Curry is a much better shooter, no doubt about it, he has better players to throw passes to - no doubt about it either, and I don't really care for rebounds from point guards.

Revan

Assumptionman
You’re right I should have let it go. As you can see from the first line of my post I was going to.
.....but comparing Westbrook to Curry. aaagh! I think @Revan did it on purpose just to get me irritated.
Of course, and I knew that you will. I actually like Curry, but he gets outplayed very often from opponent's PG when it comes to playoffs. The Curry vs Durant isn't even a debate when it comes to playoffs, Durant is easily the better player when it matters most. The other matter is that when Curry is on fire, Durant still gives you 25 points in efficient shooting, while being very good in other parts of the game, something that doesn't happen always when the roles are reversed. His bottom level is so much higher than Curry's (even if their top level is very comparable).

The only constants in Warriors game are Durant and Green, who do their job always. Steph and Klay oscillate very often from superb to mediocre.

Revan

Assumptionman
If Dame was surrounded by three other All-Stars his percents would have increased as well. He's hardly ever open.

Of course Curry is a much better shooter, no doubt about it, he has better players to throw passes to - no doubt about it either, and I don't really care for rebounds from point guards.
I would say that Curry has been the better defender in these playoffs (even yesterday he had some superb defences), but Lillard has been the much better overall player (top 3 for me with KD and maybe Kawhi).

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

I agree with everything you say. My only reason for making any sort of comparison with Dame was that he has been brilliant yet somehow Curry has been awful in these playoffs according to comments in this thread. He is averaging 24 per game on 49/47/98 shooting with 5 assists per game and 7 rebounds per game. That is pretty darn good.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Kanter would be killed on defense as well but he would also score against Jokic.

Collins is a great defender actually.

Nuggets will struggle to contain Dame and CJ as well, so this could be a high scoring series.
I meant post-up defense, specifically. Kanter can't defend pick-and-roll or protect the rim but at least he's not that easily moved in the post. Collins has great instincts and movement but he's too skinny against Jokic.

Sarni

I meant post-up defense, specifically. Kanter can't defend pick-and-roll or protect the rim but at least he's not that easily moved in the post. Collins has great instincts and movement but he's too skinny against Jokic.
Yeah fat Serb will kill him.

Charlie Foley

Comparing Curry to Westbrook is a joke btw. Curry's form fluctuates, KD is a better, more consistent player for sure. Curry is my favourite though, Warriors were more fun pre-KD even if they lean on him heavily now and I think that's why Curry gets so much love/leeway when he has a bad game.

But you can't compare him to Westbrook. Curry is all about the team, Westbrook is all about Westbrook. Weren't only 15% of his rebounds contested last season, the rest he's contesting teammates to get them :rolleyes: I remember seeing a video on Youtube of him leaving his man free so he'll be in a better position to be the one to get a defensive rebound even if a teammate of his would get it anyway.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Re: best passing center

Bill Walton, Divac and Sabonis (especially young Sabonis and the version that played in Europe) were great too. Webber and Divac played together in that brilliant Kings team which deserved at least one title. Probably best passing PF/C duo that played in the same team.

But, since Jokic is only 24, he will probably take the crown in few years time.

Sarni

Not that nervous about the game tonight. I didn’t even expect us to be playing there, if we lose then it’s still a road loss in game 1 so nothing to worry about, if we win that is a huge advantage. I think if we win one of the first two games we are going to win the series but even going back to Portland 2-0 down we still have a chance.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Not that nervous about the game tonight. I didn’t even expect us to be playing there, if we lose then it’s still a road loss in game 1 so nothing to worry about, if we win that is a huge advantage. I think if we win one of the first two games we are going to win the series but even going back to Portland 2-0 down we still have a chance.
I hope you win to be honest. As I’ve said a number of times before I’ve always liked C J McCollum and Dame is always fun to watch too.

Sarni

Is Kanter available ?
Doubtful. Don’t think he will play tonight and possibly not for the rest of season as he has dislocated his shoulder. He’s tough though so maybe he will play through pain. Still going to be miles better than Meyers. Actually so would be Nurkic with broken leg.