NBA 2019-2020

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Might surpass Kobe but not Jordan.
Yeah. I grew up with Jordan so you you might say I’m biased, but, yeah no. Once he figured it out you knew there was no way he would lose a title. LeBron has lost a decent number of finals. Jordan never let that happen.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Of course he can still overtake Jordan, his career is not done yet. Mentioning Jordan’s perfect finals record doesn’t tell the whole story, LeBron wouldn’t suddenly be better if he was 4-0 in the Finals instead of 4-5. Jordan lost playoff series too even before they got to the finals, and the Warriors LeBron faced are a few levels above Jordan’s competition back then. People with a “Jordan forever #1” mindset will probably end up at the wrong side of the argument sooner or later, be it with LeBron or another GOAT candidate in 10-20-50 years time.

Oh and he’s already easily past Kobe. Don’t think many people would have anyone else but Jordan over him at this point, especially if he wins #4 this year.

R.E.D.

Question: IF Lebron wins the lakers the championship, would that cement his place as a GOAT? Surpassing kobe? Jordan? 4 Championships with 3 different teams is impressive. And i never was a fan of his.
He surpassed Kobe years ago. The only one ahead of him is Jordan and I think Surpassing Jordan takes one or two more Rings in the next 2, 3 years.

Zen

Kobe's not even top 10.... but LeBrons best title will and always will be the one he never won in his first run at Cavs for a lot, so he'll never usurp Jordan due to that in a lot of minds. He's assembled 3 powerful teams since that were always top 2-3 faves going into the season bar last year while he was waiting on his wingman. They've been the favourites since AD signed for me, though officially it's been 'minor' between them and Clippers with the Bucks a bit further off.

Next year however should be bonkers with loads coming back - Luka growing.

AD's getting a bit under the radar too, he's a beast. Similar to Kyrie, except with the madness and ego. He won't get it, but wouldn't be surprised if he's the peoples Finals MVP.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You know, when the argument for Jordan vs LeBron comes up usually a lot of people bring up what Jordan would be in today's league. Nobody ever questions what LeBron would have been in Jordan's era...

And reducing the argument to their finals record is just dumb. Plain dumb. If your argument for Jordan over LeBron is 6-0 vs 3-6, you're dumb

As to the nuggets series, here's one sentence i never thought i'd say in 2020: Dwight Howard, decisive to win game 1 of the WCF :lol:

Completely threw Jokic out of his game

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
No one in their sane mind puts 6 rings as an argument. It is once he hit his peak, he was unbeatable and most dominant player the league ever saw.

That said, he seems a bit of an asshole, LeBron is a fantastic player and I really don't mind some people opting for LeBron. In my view though, he comes short. And just a tiny detail he didn't win it yet.

Anyway, as a drunk hipster I go for Larry.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The lakers stopped playing any semblance of offense the last 5 minutes. The nuggets can’t hang with the lakers if they just stop playing hero ball. Lebron is quite literally shooting the lakers out of this game

ZDwyr

Plumee substitution and his miscommunication at the end was awful. The missed free-throws were also awful. Really tough for Denver.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Plumee substitution and his miscommunication at the end was awful. The missed free-throws were also awful. Really tough for Denver.

That was a messed up rotation. Plumlee switched onto LeBron to prevent him from driving to the right if he got the ball and whoever guarding LeBron should have switched onto AD.

Plumlee guarding AD would have just resulted in a foul and 3 free throws even if he missed which would have still won the Lakers the game.

feck knows why Jokic was guarding the inbound instead of Plumlee though.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Anthony. Davis. :drool:

Jamal Murray was a +16 in 44min yet the Nuggets still lost :lol:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
That ending was just :drool:. I was certain the Nuggets had won it after that block from Murray. Wow.

Gutted for the Nuggets though, desperately want them to win game 3 so we have a proper series here.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Question: IF Lebron wins the lakers the championship, would that cement his place as a GOAT? Surpassing kobe? Jordan? 4 Championships with 3 different teams is impressive. And i never was a fan of his.
He's got another top 10/top 5 player on his team in Davies. If he'd done a Dirk and won it once again without a proper co-superstar it would've strengthened his argument.
Also, I think he passed Kobe quite a while ago. Kobe never dragged a team through the playoffs the way James did before Miami and again in 2016.

I hate using the number of rings as the main indicator for greatness, anyway. James is the most complete and continuously brilliant player I've ever seen, his longevity puts Jordan to shame. I'd say the same thing if James had played for the Bobcats for 17 years without a finals appearance.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Kobe Bryant In 2009:
- Beats Houston in the 2nd Round
- Faced The Nuggets In WCF And Won
- Won his 4th Ring In Orlando

LeBron James In 2020:
- Beats Houston in the 2nd Round
- Faces Nuggets In The WCF..
- Trying To Win His 4th Ring In Orlando