NBA 2019-2020

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
He had another decent game today
you literally didnt understand any of that. he didnt have a decent game. he had quite a bad game. he hurt his teams chances of winning and surprise, they lost. you just dont understand basketball on a level higher than "its good when the ball goes in the basket" and you arent willing to learn.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
you literally didnt understand any of that. he didnt have a decent game. he had quite a bad game. he hurt his teams chances of winning and surprise, they lost. you just dont understand basketball on a level higher than "its good when the ball goes in the basket" and you arent willing to learn.
The Blazers would have lost with or without Melo tonight. Secondly this has nothing to do with a lack of understanding of the Sport and what qualifies as good and bad.

The main point of this whole nonstop pointless argument/debate is Can Melo still play in the NBA? The answer to that question is yes. This is not the Da Vinci code Your taking Melos play and him playing in the league way too literal there are worse players in the league than him.

This has literally been my point forever now. Can he play yes or no thats it thats all this dumbass debate was ever about.

and if that was "quite a bad game" then then most people In the NBA have quite bad games. He did his part their were worse players then him on his team tonight.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The Blazers would have lost with or without Melo tonight. Secondly this has nothing to do with a lack of understanding of the Sport and what qualifies as good and bad.

The main point of this whole nonstop pointless argument/debate is Can Melo still play in the NBA? The answer to that question is yes. This is not the Da Vinci code Your taking Melos play and him playing in the league way too literal there are worse players in the league than him.

This has literally been my point forever now. Can he play yes or no thats it thats all this dumbass debate was ever about.

and if that was "quite a bad game" then then most people In the NBA have quite bad games
. He did his part their were worse players then him on his team tonight.
Believe it or not, that's what often happens to losing teams. He highlighted his bad game with his shooting, others do it in different ways (some don't attempt to score, some have too many turnovers etc etc..)

Eboue

and if that was "quite a bad game" then then most people In the NBA have quite bad games. He did his part their were worse players then him on his team tonight.
just absolutely clueless

SportingCP96

Supports
just absolutely clueless
Can he play in the NBA yes or no? If the answer is no then yes you are right absolutely clueless.

That is the point of this whole topic.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, I kinda side with him on this. Melo is objectively a bad player by NBA standards. That doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the league. There worse players than him, case in point, the blazers who signed him out of desperation because their options were Hezonja and Tolliver...garbage time players

SportingCP96

Supports
Nah, I kinda side with him on this. Melo is objectively a bad player by NBA standards. That doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the league. There worse players than him, case in point, the blazers who signed him out of desperation because their options were Hezonja and Tolliver...garbage time players
This was my main point since the beginning. My argument was he could still play in the NBA and I even said at most bench player 15 min. That’s literally all I was saying and people are Making to seem like I am saying he needs to play 30min a night and will drop 35 points.

He can still play in the league off the bench this has been legit my main point.

SportingCP96

Supports
Also this new update looks nice not gunna lie.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

But there's a reason when they went on a run and got close to the Bucks Melo didn't come back in.

Eboue

What's wrong with Anthony Tolliver?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Melo didn’t have a decent game last night. He basically had inflated stats in a game Blazers were always going to lose by a significant margin. He was still super inefficient and inexistent on defense.

Sarni

This was my main point since the beginning. My argument was he could still play in the NBA and I even said at most bench player 15 min. That’s literally all I was saying and people are Making to seem like I am saying he needs to play 30min a night and will drop 35 points.

He can still play in the league off the bench this has been legit my main point.
He can still play in the league as long as you don’t really care about winning games, yes.

Sarni

I haven't watched him this year but he was genuinely useful more recently than Anthony was.
He was all right last season for Minnesota from what I remember. I was quite happy with this signing. He has been bad though.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
(Small) problem is that everything looks about Melo now too. How is Melo feeling? Can he do better? Did Melo slept well last night? They are bothering pretty much everyone in the Blazers team with the same subject.
Something that the Blazers should have seen coming tbf.

Still, Blazers are at 5-11, by the time they figure what is best to eat and sleep for Melo the playoffs will be gone.

ZDwyr

At least with Tolliver he isn't demanding/expecting 10+ shots a game.

ZDwyr

The blazers need a player who can take 10+ shots a game right now though
I agree, which is why they needed to make a trade. Signing Melo isn't the answer.

A Whiteside + a first to OKC, Tobias Harris to Portland and CP3 to Philly deal would be interesting. Or Gallinari to Portland for a first.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
(Small) problem is that everything looks about Melo now too. How is Melo feeling? Can he do better? Did Melo slept well last night? They are bothering pretty much everyone in the Blazers team with the same subject.
Something that the Blazers should have seen coming tbf.

Still, Blazers are at 5-11, by the time they figure what is best to eat and sleep for Melo the playoffs will be gone.
They'll have Whiteside and Lillard back soon, yday was a bit encouraging from them.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
The blazers need a player who can take 10+ shots a game right now though
I think their defense is in a much worse state than their offense atm, but I expect things to get better soon when they get all their injured players back, any word on Nurkic?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I agree, which is why they needed to make a trade. Signing Melo isn't the answer.

A Whiteside + a first to OKC, Tobias Harris to Portland and CP3 to Philly deal would be interesting. Or Gallinari to Portland for a first.
Why would you want Whiteside when you have Adams?

Sarni

I think their defense is in a much worse state than their offense atm, but I expect things to get better soon when they get all their injured players back, any word on Nurkic?
Nurkic should be back early next year. Collins around March.

Sarni

Why would you want Whiteside when you have Adams?
Obviously as already replied they wouldn’t be doing this for Whiteside, doubt that OKC care about the quality of their team for this season - they are looking beyond. Actually to get rid of CP3 and get a first in the process would be an excellent deal. Paul definitely doesn’t seem like right fit next to Simmons though and I would hate it for us to take on that Harris deal so OKC would be the only real winners in that trade.

Sarni

Clippers had a great finish to the game tonight, that consecutive PG and Lou threes were amazing. Was even more glad about it than I’d normally be after Harden got a phantom call at 118-117, he literally held Kawhi’s arm and pretended to be fouled like he often does. Kawhi came up clutch with a shot after that and won the game for Clippers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can't seem to insert quotes atm so here goes

Portland's problem is injuries. With Lillard out they needed a scorer, that's why they picked up Melo. It's a non-guaranteed contract until January and once Lillard gets back, if he's still a +/- black hole they will probably cut him

As to the suggested trade, i don't see Philly being interested on Paul. The player i expect OKC to trade is Gallo, who is actually exactly what the Blazers need right now btw, a mostly efficient scorer who can put up 20 a night no matter what. Gallo also offers decent defence at the 3 and 4 positions. Expect a few playoff teams in need of an extra scorer to try for him. Expiring contract too

Sarni

Can't seem to insert quotes atm so here goes

Portland's problem is injuries. With Lillard out they needed a scorer, that's why they picked up Melo. It's a non-guaranteed contract until January and once Lillard gets back, if he's still a +/- black hole they will probably cut him

As to the suggested trade, i don't see Philly being interested on Paul. The player i expect OKC to trade is Gallo, who is actually exactly what the Blazers need right now btw, a mostly efficient scorer who can put up 20 a night no matter what. Gallo also offers decent defence at the 3 and 4 positions. Expect a few playoff teams in need of an extra scorer to try for him. Expiring contract too
We picked Melo before Dame got injured (and it’s a very short term injury - he missed two games and should be back tonight). It was a desperate move, we weren’t really struggling with scoring at the time but our defense was, and still remains, awful. It had nothing to do with Lillard being out.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Clippers had a great finish to the game tonight, that consecutive PG and Lou threes were amazing. Was even more glad about it than I’d normally be after Harden got a phantom call at 118-117, he literally held Kawhi’s arm and pretended to be fouled like he often does. Kawhi came up clutch with a shot after that and won the game for Clippers.
This is what infuriates me about Harden. I can live with the ISO ball (even if it is as boring as hell), I can even put up with his "drawing" of fouls. However, it is the constant hooking and grabbing pretending to be fouled that makes me dislike him so intensely as a basketball player. The man is a cheat, plain and simple.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

And everybody's point is that he can play for any team in the league as long as they have no interest in winning games.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This is what infuriates me about Harden. I can live with the ISO ball (even if it is as boring as hell), I can even put up with his "drawing" of fouls. However, it is the constant hooking and grabbing pretending to be fouled that makes me dislike him so intensely as a basketball player. The man is a cheat, plain and simple.
He learned it from KD and perfected the art.