g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2019-2020

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The thing with Luka is he's thicc, and strong as feck. How many times have you seen a guy just bowl over PJ Tucker :eek:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yep, and they build it without much attention or fuss. No one knew Luka will explode to this level already, but that is one great roster.
I only think that Porzingis could add a bit more in the attack and thought his pick and roll with Doncic will be even more of a weapon then it is atm. Well, they still have time to improve on that one which is pretty scary.
Porzingis has room to improve for sure. In this entire run he has not actually been that impressive, especially in the post. He's still very good on defense and shoots well but with his size he should really be a much, much bigger threat in the post.

Sarni

Yes, and the FO caught a lot of undeserved shit from Mavs fans. I think the only real problem with that roster is how streaky THJ and this iteration of Seth Curry (apparently) are. If THJ can keep this production up for a little, he might either blossom into a valid 3rd option or get enough trade value to unload his contract via a trade.

What I think is unexpected is not only how Doncic jumped a couple of levels, but how quickly they fostered a healthy chemistry within the squad. Doncic's on-court presence and the good off-court atmosphere seem to bring out the best from the squad. Finney-Smith for example is turning into more than a just another role player. He looks really confident and does all kinds of work on both ends. Same as Wright. This is a fun little squad.
I guess fans wanted Kemba, but he wouldn't have worked this well with Luka. Getting guys like Wright, Curry, extending Kleber and DFS was the better choice here. They should be big players in 2021 free agency though, with Luka going into the final year of his rookie scale deal and possibly being a top 5 player in the league already at that point.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The thing with Luka is he's thicc, and strong as feck. How many times have you seen a guy just bowl over PJ Tucker :eek:
The way he goes through the first line of defense is maybe the most impressive thing. He shakes pretty much any defender off like he's the one playing against rookies.

Going Tuesday against Kawhi, Beverley, George...

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ive been saying it but dam this kid is special. There is an argument to be made that he can very well be the #1 pick in the draft/ Type of PG players would want to play with I have watched a good amount of his games this season but of course I missed by far his best game of the year :lol:

32-11-13

Sarni

That was actually first good game from Carmelo. Happy with that.

Fridge chutney

Can Pascal Siakam become the MIP again after winning it last season ?
That's a genuinely good question. His rate of improvement has been crazy and this year he's taken it to another level yet again. Very exciting to watch his development.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Can't seem to insert quotes atm so here goes

Portland's problem is injuries. With Lillard out they needed a scorer, that's why they picked up Melo. It's a non-guaranteed contract until January and once Lillard gets back, if he's still a +/- black hole they will probably cut him

As to the suggested trade, i don't see Philly being interested on Paul. The player i expect OKC to trade is Gallo, who is actually exactly what the Blazers need right now btw, a mostly efficient scorer who can put up 20 a night no matter what. Gallo also offers decent defence at the 3 and 4 positions. Expect a few playoff teams in need of an extra scorer to try for him. Expiring contract too
Actually they need defense in the worst way, Melo isn't an efficient scorer at all. He's awful by every metric. A total waste of a signing.

Portland are middle of the road offensively, but even worse defensively. Defense is always their issue, they have choked a few games this season because they couldn't get stops.

Sarni

I can see Kleber getting better and better.
He's almost 28. Came to the league late so will have still room to improve but I don't think he will develop into a post up monster. He'll mainly be a stretch big, which is fine. If they want threat in paint they need to convince Porzingis he's 7'3".

Moby

Dick
Cips are too damn strong, just keep coming at you like a pack of hounds for the entire game. If these guys remain fit throughout then I can't see anything taking the ring away from them.

Fosu-Mens

Both PG and Kawhi are what one can call the "prototype" for the futuristic basketball player. No weakness in their game. Could guard all positions (A bulky 5 might be difficult) if needed and play in multiple roles offensively. The typical roles of point guard, small forward etc are not as clear as they were before, and I think this traditional categorization will be less used in the future with fewer players having a specialized skillset.

IMO we will see an increased convergence towards 1-3 players and 3-5 players. Players will either be able to operate and guard in the historical 1-3 roles or similarily in the 3-5 roles.

How many players in today's NBA is clearly a one role type of player? Rubio, Korver, Beverly.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Both PG and Kawhi are what one can call the "prototype" for the futuristic basketball player. No weakness in their game. Could guard all positions (A bulky 5 might be difficult) if needed and play in multiple roles offensively. The typical roles of point guard, small forward etc are not as clear as they were before, and I think this traditional categorization will be less used in the future with fewer players having a specialized skillset.

IMO we will see an increased convergence towards 1-3 players and 3-5 players. Players will either be able to operate and guard in the historical 1-3 roles or similarily in the 3-5 roles.

How many players in today's NBA is clearly a one role type of player? Rubio, Korver, Beverly.
There is Teague too but Point Wiggins has been a thing this year which weirdly enough worked.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
who is the best scorer in Bulls and are they any good :D

Sarni

Cips are too damn strong, just keep coming at you like a pack of hounds for the entire game. If these guys remain fit throughout then I can't see anything taking the ring away from them.
They are super strong indeed, and can hurt you in so many ways. In the post, from perimeter, cutting to the rim. They seem to have all types of players for all positions. Don’t really mind it as I like them, were the first team I saw live last February and it was super fun, that was just after Harris trade. They even won that one with getting an extra pick to use in George trade and Shamet who’s a good rotation piece.

SportingCP96

Supports
Funny how things pan out. Not that I am really surprised :yawn:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Second road trip swept. Best start since 08/09.

SportingCP96

Supports
Two solid games hardly discounts multiple seasons of awful play. Let's see how it progresses.
Thus this was never my point but nonetheless I agree lets see how it progresses.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Luka back in normal mode.

But, that 4th quarter was a good example of how shit the refereeing is in general. Every small contact called, normal collisions reviewed for violent conducts, you would get a foul if you look wrong at someone. Absolute nonsense.