NBA 2019-2020

freeurmind

weak willed
Atlanta literally hasn't won a game since I praised them on here. PAcers looking good though. Clippers with a disappointing loss tonight.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Wait I am confused I thought Dudley was better? or was it the G league player? Wait no it was the horse! I don't know man but this Melo guy sucks.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
@SportingCP96 was up against it in the past few pages of this thread. Is this the greatest I told you so in ‘other sport’ :eek::eek:

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 was up against it in the past few pages of this thread. Is this the greatest I told you so in ‘other sport’ :eek::eek:
A lot of ignorance and "experts" in here and some were really hoping he would fail just to be right but alas here we are.

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol:

Congrats to you, Melo and his family.

In all seriousness, it is good to see he still has it.
lmaoooo

But in all seriousness Listen all I said was he could still play and the disrespect he was getting on here saying that players that should be no where near his name were better is just laughable.

Respect to the people who can at least admit they were wrong because I would have no problem doing it if it was the other way around. Some won't but that's fine too as it wont shock me.

SportingCP96

Supports
Eboue is punching the air right now lmaoooo:lol::lol:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
er, not quite. hes still the worst defender in the league and below average on offense. shooting 8 for 16 against the worst coached team in the league doesnt change that.

spencer dinwiddie went 10-19 tonight. pj washington was 9 for 12. cedi osman 8 for 13. deandre bembry 7 for 13. jordan poole 5 for 10. duncan robinson went 5 for 7 from three point range. abdel nader 7 for 11. quinn cook 7 for 11.

literally all of those happened today. and yet you're here taking a victory lap in november because anthony went 8 for 16 and played terrible defense.

SportingCP96

Supports
er, not quite. hes still the worst defender in the league and below average on offense. shooting 8 for 16 against the worst coached team in the league doesnt change that.

spencer dinwiddie went 10-19 tonight. pj washington was 9 for 12. cedi osman 8 for 13. deandre bembry 7 for 13. jordan poole 5 for 10. duncan robinson went 5 for 7 from three point range. abdel nader 7 for 11. quinn cook 7 for 11.

literally all of those happened today. and yet you're here taking a victory lap in november because anthony went 8 for 16 and played terrible defense.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "mElO cAnT pLaY"

Don't scream into the pillow to loud don't wake who ever else is in the house with you

SportingCP96

Supports
Thats because there is no conversation.

The debate was "can Melo still play in the NBA?" The answer is yes. Debate over.

We can argue about something else if you would like though

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Thats because there is no conversation.

The debate was "can Melo still play in the NBA?" The answer is yes. Debate over.

We can argue about something else if you would like though
No, the debate was is Melo still relevant in the league and the conclusion everyone other than you had was only if the team wants to lose.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nah of course I’d have still preferred a good G League player that can defend and has room to grow.

He isn’t completely hopeless though. Has played better so far for us than he played at Houston or OKC, even if it’s a small sample size.

ZDwyr

He had good games in OKC. He even had one or two in Houston. He has now played well against the 6-14 Bulls twice and a very average OKC team. He has to keep it up though. He's taking around the same amount of shots as Dame is (while still being bad defensively). They play the Clippers, Lakers and Nuggets in the next week or two. That'll be a good test.

stepic

Melo clearly has a place in the nba. There are some atrocious players in the league. Most of them play for the Bulls.

SportingCP96

Supports
No, the debate was is Melo still relevant in the league and the conclusion everyone other than you had was only if the team wants to lose.
No. Go back the debate started because I said something along the lines of "If Dudley can still play in the NBA then so can Melo" and that is more than obvious, Thus Melo has shown (so far) he undoubtedly can still play in the NBA and play well. He also has had a +10 or more in the past 4 games.

freeurmind

weak willed
He is on another level right now. MVP race is between LBJ, Luka, and Giannis so far IMO.
Got to have Harden in there as well. I thin Lebron and Davis will end up canceling each other out in the voting. If the T-Wolves can stay competitive, don't sleep on KAT either, his numbers are ridiculous.

SportingCP96

Supports
Got to have Harden in there as well. I thin Lebron and Davis will end up canceling each other out in the voting. If the T-Wolves can stay competitive, don't sleep on KAT either, his numbers are ridiculous.
They are having great season as well I just feel the other 3 are the front runners at the moment but it is still early in the season and that can change.

IF Luke was to win it it would be the first time a 21 year old and second year player won MVP since Derrick Rose right? Would be amazing if Luka did it.

SportingCP96

Supports

The top spot in the draft is his at the moment. Kid is really good not gunna lie.

Fridge chutney

People will naturally focus on Doncic, but Trae Young plays on a terrible team and still does this with increasing consistency

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Trae has that Klay/PG quality where if you let him get hot he goes straight to nuclear on you

Donut

Trae has that Klay/PG quality where if you let him get hot he goes straight to nuclear on you
He's really good offensively, but he probably has a case for being the worst defender in the league.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
No. Go back the debate started because I said something along the lines of "If Dudley can still play in the NBA then so can Melo" and that is more than obvious, Thus Melo has shown (so far) he undoubtedly can still play in the NBA and play well. He also has had a +10 or more in the past 4 games.
No, all you did was shit on Dudley and say Melo can provide points, no shit Sherlock, he can provide points but he is very very bad defensively and still doesn't belong on a team that wants to compete, 3 good shooting games doesn't make him great, we'll see I guess.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Beard with just your usual 60 points in 30 minutes, nothing to see here :lol:

Fridge chutney

Current state of NBA is a joke.

Defense is basically non-existent.
Will speak to the current champs as an example, but arguably the strength of their defense is what won it for the Raptors last year - they brought an incredible 2 way superstar and then one of the best defensive centers in the past 20 years as the final piece, and managed to stifle and frustrate opponents with excellent perimeter defense. Even without Kawhi this has persisted (see Embiid with zero points the other day).

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol: its funny because yesterday sporting96 was taking a victory lap thinking he had won the argument and everyone agreed with him and now 3 posters have come in since and served him his lunch
Never seen someone want to be right so bad in my life:lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
No, all you did was shit on Dudley and say Melo can provide points, no shit Sherlock, he can provide points but he is very very bad defensively and still doesn't belong on a team that wants to compete, 3 good shooting games doesn't make him great, we'll see I guess.
No. I said if Dudley can make a roster then so can Melo. Which is true because he cant hold a candle to him.

Melo has had a +10 or more in the last 4 games.

The whole point was he can still play in the NBA while everyone else said he cant, Lets not switch up narratives now because people don't want to admit that they may have been wrong,