NBA 2019-2020

ZDwyr

The Kings and Suns taking Bagley and Ayton over Luka is going to end up being Oden over KD and Bowie over MJ levels of bad.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You have to give credit to Dallas. Not only going all in for that pick, but giving him the entire franchise from the year 1.

Skip should call Cuban in the show

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
You have to give credit to Dallas. Not only going all in for that pick, but giving him the entire franchise from the year 1.

Skip should call Cuban in the show
dont think Cuban will ever be again on the same show as Skip after last time:lol:

Fridge chutney

It would be interesting to see a poll of who everyone supports. I imagine the big franchises would dominate.

Jim Beam

It would be interesting to see a poll of who everyone supports. I imagine the big franchises would dominate.
If you don't have a connection to any franchise, people tend to go with the player they like. That's the reason I like Dallas.

Although, I like Blazers, Jazz, Raptors and Clippers (Knicks too if they become a team ever again) and want them to do good for various reasons. Am an NBA whore actually.

Moby

Dick
I don't have any similar connection to any NBA team in the same way I do with United, so I don't really root for any one in particular and in general root for players I enjoy watching. Or when there's an EvilCorp like Warriors when I just support everyone they are playing against. Also makes it easier to watch and enjoy while not being emotional invested in one particular team. If I was hard pushed I'd say I have a good amount of respect for Spurs, everyone likes Pop, Duncan, Parker, Man Utd and co. As an organisation they are someone I can get behind.

Jim Beam

Also makes it easier to watch and enjoy while not being emotional invested in one particular team. If I was hard pushed I'd say I have a good amount of respect for Spurs, everyone likes Pop, Duncan, Parker, Man Utd and co. As an organisation they are someone I can get behind.
Yep, it looks refreshing considering United state. And yes, Spurs and to be more precise Pop deserve nothing but respect. Will be a sad day when he calls it a day.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not athletic enough
He's clearly improve on this aspect tbh even if the initial criticism was OTT

I support nobody, which makes it very fun to follow games tbh. A nice break from the horrible football

Jim Beam

He's clearly improve on this aspect tbh even if the initial criticism was OTT
Yeah, but still doesn't dominate in that sense. He is just outplaying the opposition running and controlling the game. He was 3rd draft pick, which is absolute nonsense for someone who dominate Euroleague. I guarantee that most more recognized NBA players would never had those numbers even in their senior years in Europe.

Fosu-Mens

When I started following NBA it was OKC with Russ as an entertaining player to watch but after having got a better understanding of the game and the NBA I just got annoyed by his statpadding and inefficiency as a player.
So last season I started following Clippers more closely due to my dislike of the Lakers and the Clippers sensible organization(could not handle supporting another team with a sh*te structure like our own) and good coaching. I would not say I'm a fan, but they are the team I would watch if there are any games on during a sensible European time.

ZDwyr

My favourite things was seeing Carmelo fans on Twitter saying that Portland went 3-0 in that stretch and therefore he deserved it. The only time that winning has been valued as more important than individual numbers for Melo fans.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Giannis is like a living anthropomorphic sunbeam who also wants to murder you on a basketball court

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
My favourite things was seeing Carmelo fans on Twitter saying that Portland went 3-0 in that stretch and therefore he deserved it. The only time that winning has been valued as more important than individual numbers for Melo fans.
This really comes down to whether you value analytics as a tool or not (I do), because I speak to people who can rant for days about how analytics has ruined the game and how the mid-range game needs to come back... and man are they ecstatic about Melo's player of the week award.

Fosu-Mens

This really comes down to whether you value analytics as a tool or not (I do), because I speak to people who can rant for days about how analytics has ruined the game and how the mid-range game needs to come back... and man are they ecstatic about Melo's player of the week award.
Analytics as in performance indicators used in business? And are these the equivalent of output(ppg, tripple double etc aka Westbrook and Melo), input(effectiveness --> shoot decisions, smart plays) or activity(efficency --> The Moritz Wagner indicator) measurement?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Man posterized a 41 year old Vince Carter man. :( :lol:
His poster of randle from last game was so absurd i had to watch it 10 times just to figure out what happened. Jumped vertically from like 2 meters from the hoop :lol:

Giannis is Dhalsim

adexkola

Supports
Analytics as in performance indicators used in business? And are these the equivalent of output(ppg, tripple double etc aka Westbrook and Melo), input(effectiveness --> shoot decisions, smart plays) or activity(efficency --> The Moritz Wagner indicator) measurement?
Sure, but as applied to NBA?

Think of how the game has evolved to emphasize spacing and high quality shots at the 3 line and in the paint... Driven by the numbers. It makes sense but for a section of fans that liked the game better when there were more one on one matchups and your ability to drill a 20 ft contested fadeaway jumper mattered much more, something has been lost.

So moreso everything you've mentioned.

Fosu-Mens

Sure, but as applied to NBA?

Think of how the game has evolved to emphasize spacing and high quality shots at the 3 line and in the paint... Driven by the numbers. It makes sense but for a section of fans that liked the game better when there were more one on one matchups and your ability to drill a 20 ft contested fadeaway jumper mattered much more, something has been lost.

So moreso everything you've mentioned.
Yeahyeah. But there are different elements to analytics. The most simplistic level and the one type that has been gathered for the longest time are PPG, triple-doubles etc. Those are not really analytics. Shoot selection, high-quality shots, shot efficiency etc are what I usually think of as shooting quantitative analytics.

My sole issue with analytics is that Harden is a great player from a analytical standpoint, but I seriously dislike his style of play (reminds me of Neymar) and the importance of his free-throws in his efficiency ratings.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
My sole issue with analytics is that Harden is a great player from a analytical standpoint, but I seriously dislike his style of play (reminds me of Neymar) and the importance of his free-throws in his efficiency ratings.
Harden's team has been consistently among the best in the league and it's entirely thanks to his offence. So analytics say Harden is a great player, and then results confirm that he is indeed a great player

The current analytics we have tend to be correct

Fosu-Mens

Harden's team has been consistently among the best in the league and it's entirely thanks to his offence. So analytics say Harden is a great player, and then results confirm that he is indeed a great player

The current analytics we have tend to be correct
I'm not disagreeing with the analytics, but personally (subjective and non-quantitative) I don't like watching Harden.

adexkola

Supports
Yeahyeah. But there are different elements to analytics. The most simplistic level and the one type that has been gathered for the longest time are PPG, triple-doubles etc. Those are not really analytics. Shoot selection, high-quality shots, shot efficiency etc are what I usually think of as shooting quantitative analytics.

Sure, it's the more advanced stuff like win shares that this other crowd has an issue with. Stuff that can't necessarily be seen easily on the court (unlike points, rebounds, etc). And a lot of people hate Harden's game. It's efficient though (until the WCF at least)

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
doncic:lol:
End of third - over 30 points, 5 assists and 18 rebounds if im not mistaken.....ridiculous.

Charlie Foley

:lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Harden basket should have counted and that was a really bad call but Houston asking to be awarded a win or having final 8 minutes replayed is just cringe of the highest order. I bet NBA don’t even consider that and rightly so.