NBA 2020-2021

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don’t think they would trade Butler for Harden. It would be a backwards move for Miami after the playoffs he had. I really don’t think this move makes sense at all. Heat have a fun team and will have some cap space to improve next year, albeit not as much as they would have had if they hadn’t extended Bam already. Still they will have enough to get someone like Oladipo, and knowing Riley he should be able to work out a deal for someone without having full space necessary anyway (like he had done with Butler).

Besides Herro has shown great potential despite being so young, they just drafted a good piece in Achiuwa, they got other project in Okpala and their scouting is amazing so they will probably pick up a few good pieces off the waivers too.

Harden is a complete change of direction for a team that just went to Finals. Pointless.
I don't think they would either but as you said in your posts, it doesn't make sense for them to trade for Harden. For me Butler alone makes it questionable because he is a ball dominant player and his mentality seems to be at odd with Harden's. After you have the cost of the trade but you already addressed it.

For me the only teams that make sense for Harden outside of Houston are bad teams and/or teams where the star is a big and not ball dominant. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't think they would either but as you said in your posts, it doesn't make sense for them to trade for Harden. For me Butler alone makes it questionable because he is a ball dominant player and his mentality seems to be at odd with Harden's. After you have the cost of the trade but you already addressed it.

For me the only teams that make sense for Harden outside of Houston are bad teams and/or teams where the star is a big and not ball dominant. Maybe I'm wrong though.
I agree. The way I see it:

Nets - they will have to gut their bench and mortgage their future to get it done. I imagine it'd have to be LeVert, Dinwiddie, Allen and all the picks they can possibly get in the range between 2023 and 2027 including all the swaps in the world to get it done because players themselves will not be building blocks for Houston. I think having Dinwiddie and LeVert coming off your bench will be very valuable for a contending team, and Allen is their best center. Besides having three ball dominant superstars may not work that well.

Sixers - straight swap for Simmons makes some sense as Harden would be a better fit with Embiid. That could elevate them to contender level. The only concern is age, Simmons is 7 years younger and already extremely good. This is the trade that makes most sense for both sides though.

Other than that I agree it would be better for teams that suck to get him so that he can bring them to a respectable level. Him re-signing or not is not an issue as he's tied for 3 more years. Teams like Chicago or Knicks are in big markets and could offer a package good enough to at least be in consideration (e.g. LaVine, Markkanen, all the picks or Barrett, Robinson and picks would be maybe be borderline decent offers). The price is really hard to figure out because I can easily see a team giving up a lot to get him, at the same time I can also see the market for him being pretty dry. A sneaky good candidates would be Pelicans IMO. He would accelerate their rebuild and they could give them Lonzo, Hart, Bledsoe (for salary matching) and a bunch of picks. Definitely wouldn't give up Ingram (or Zion obviously). Harden, Ingram and Zion is a great core.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I love Jerry for all he did, and for the stories my dad told me of watching him in the Forum when he was a kid. He is a almost 2 decades removed from being the GM of the Lakers and tuned down an opportunity to return, instead going to baby brother. While there he has talked shit about the Lakers. So no, even though I respect the hell out of him, I do not want him back.

Lets put it another way. If Sir Bobby had went and managed City, and shit talked Utd while there, would he be as revered at Utd as he is now?
Was it when the other Buss brother was in charge? Because we deserve to be mocked then! I don't know what Jerry said, but he's always seemed a classy guy to me, I'm not sure the same can be said of the Lakers brass. Things are much more business like in the US, I don't think you can compare it to UK football and Manchester City. Clippers aren't a rival, one season doesn't make them one. I'd be more upset if he worked for the Celtics.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Been looking into the Game Pass today - am I right in saying that the League Pass + Premium is the same as the League Pass? It's €230 but you can watch on 2 devices, so if you split it with another person it's €115 each while the League Pass is €140, or am I missing something?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Was it when the other Buss brother was in charge? Because we deserve to be mocked then! I don't know what Jerry said, but he's always seemed a classy guy to me, I'm not sure the same can be said of the Lakers brass. Things are much more business like in the US, I don't think you can compare it to UK football and Manchester City. Clippers aren't a rival, one season doesn't make them one. I'd be more upset if he worked for the Celtics.
One season? Which one was that? Must've missed that :cool:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Some news on some of the promising forwards in the league:

The numbers for OG's extension aren't too bad given what the Magic have offered Isaac.

Sarni

OG’s contract is great.

Kennard got $64million / 4 years from Clippers. Fultz got $50million / 3 years from Magic.

That Kuzma deal looks low but player option is good for him. Bet he gets traded this season though.

Collins, Ball and Markkanen the only notable ones without an extension.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.

No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.

If we get to the place where even the Knicks are able to fall into a good player, than sure, but adding teams would dilute the talent out enough that the basketball would suffer big time.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Harden to Heat apparently getting some traction. This doesn’t seem right though, not only will he change the way they play which was so successful last season, they will have to gut their bench to get it done and get rid of some fun players like Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro. Moreover I don’t even get how salaries are supposed to work without leaving them with 9 players on their roster. Herro, Robinson, Iguodala and Olynyk will get close but not there yet. They can’t trade Meyers or Dragic yet, and I bet they aren’t even thinking about moving Bam.

If Philly aren’t moving Simmons for him then Brooklyn makes more sense although the pieces they can offer are not all that appealing. Houston will not get major young talent from them but if they can defer the picks to 2024-27 period those could be tasty by then. Eg unprotected 2023, swap in 2024, unprotected 2025, swap in 2026 and unprotected 2027. You will want that if all you are getting in players is Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen.
I’m surprised by some of what I read about the Brooklyn trade. Why is Caris LeVert not more of an inticing piece? Only seen him in the bubble but I thought he was brilliant, and at least the equal of those Miami players mentioned. Still young and you would assume improving too.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

If we get to the place where even the Knicks are able to fall into a good player, than sure, but adding teams would dilute the talent out enough that the basketball would suffer big time.
Do you remember how bad the Raptors and Grizzlies were in the expansion season? Seems to be there way more talent in the league now, i think an expansion would go much better now than it did then.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Off to bed now, Lakers at 4am. Excited as hell.

Sarni

I’m surprised by some of what I read about the Brooklyn trade. Why is Caris LeVert not more of an inticing piece? Only seen him in the bubble but I thought he was brilliant, and at least the equal of those Miami players mentioned. Still young and you would assume improving too.
He is 26 so not extremely young, has had a few bad injuries and is generally a good player but without star upside. With Herro at least you have a chance he will become special. Bam is obviously on a completely different level to either of them.

LeVert is someone you’d like as your third or fourth best player, or leading your offense from the bench. You cannot build a winning team around him and if he’s the best piece Houston get that’s a bit grim for their future.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Durant on fire early on, love to see it.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Which country has the best league pass to utilize a VPN for cheapest?
No idea but I saw people on Reddit moaning a couple of weeks ago that VPNs had been massively stamped down on/ didn’t seem to be working as well.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anytime I stay up to watch the Lakers, we lose. I'm going to sleep.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This broadcast is painful. Can’t hear the whistle. Crowd noise is fake as feck. Reggie Miller is as bad as ever. Ugh.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
the lakers lack of consistent 3-pt shooting is going to be their biggest weakness this year. Kuzma us a net negative tonight and Caruso shot himself out of the rotation.

freeurmind

weak willed
the lakers lack of consistent 3-pt shooting is going to be their biggest weakness this year. Kuzma us a net negative tonight and Caruso shot himself out of the rotation.
Didn't people also say this last year?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Loved Schröder's contribution. Frustrating 3th quarter, always within 0-5 points but not once able to take the lead, was always gonna come back to bite us.

Still not convinced by the Clippers, and don't think Lue is right guy for them either. Gonna go with the Mavs and Nuggets over them in the West for now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wish I loved something as much Harden seems to love strip clubs.

edcunited1878

what about the playoffs
72 game regular season - 36 home / 36 away

Then the playoffs is a little different this year. There's a 'play-in' mini-tournament between teams who have the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th best winning percentages. Two teams will emerge from these games and be slotted as the 7th and 8th seed teams in the 'normal' NBA Playoffs. This play-in tournament allows the league to make more money and generate interest, which sacrifices 10 regular season games.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
72 game regular season - 36 home / 36 away

Then the playoffs is a little different this year. There's a 'play-in' mini-tournament between teams who have the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th best winning percentages. Two teams will emerge from these games and be slotted as the 7th and 8th seed teams in the 'normal' NBA Playoffs. This play-in tournament allows the league to make more money and generate interest, which sacrifices 10 regular season games.
0-82 confirmed. thats the eboue guarantee and you can take it to the bank

massi83

0-82 confirmed. thats the eboue guarantee and you can take it to the bank
I wouldn't rule out @Sarni making a worse prediction during this season.

And Lakers fans would be just as insufferable in that scenario as in winning again. @WI_Red being an exception to the rule.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I wouldn't rule out @Sarni making a worse prediction during this season.

And Lakers fans would be just as insufferable in that scenario as in winning again. @WI_Red being an exception to the rule.
Well thank you, I reserve my insufferableness (word??) for the CE forum.