NBA 2020-2021

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
@Sean_RedDevil

This "The Lakers are Finals favorites this season, but in order to remain contenders deep into the decade, they must develop young talent" is so important for me and should be for the franchise too......okay now the "Davis trade" was right but i wasn't so happy with it for a long time to lose Ball, Ingram, Hart and so many first-round-draft-picks because the young core (Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Caruso, Zubac, Wagner, Mykhailiuk and Bonga) was fun and got so many support at the Staples Center despite some heavy defeats.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
BIG kudos to him doing it. One title with the Bucks will mean a shedload more if they can pull it off.
I guess money did play a role in his decision. But, you can not blame him for that. I would have done the same :D

Zen

I guess money did play a role in his decision. But, you can not blame him for that. I would have done the same :D
The moneys just the money.... it's a max contract, he's doing it because he wants to win there. He could of easily made more elsewhere in terms of endorsements but lower salary and probably push himself to a bigger superstar wingman than Middleton while doing so.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The moneys just the money.... it's a max contract, he's doing it because he wants to win there. He could of easily made more elsewhere in terms of endorsements but lower salary and probably push himself to a bigger superstar wingman than Middleton while doing so.
Google results are telling me that Giannis made 20m in endorsements last year, compared to 11m for Anthony Davis, and 52m for LeBron James, 17m for Harden. You can't expect anyone to become as popular as LeBron, and Giannis isn't the most charismatic guy ever, makes me wonder if he'd really be able to make up the difference in extra endorsements. Maybe in New York, but that's where players to to die.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Props to Giannis, wanted him to go to Dallas next season, but winning it in "his" town would make it really special. He also has that competitive edge which reminds me of past superstars in terms of am not joining you, am going against you.

Skåre Willoch

Love that Giannis chose to stay in Milwaukee. Great for the league that small markets can stay relevant over time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sixers are willing to include Ben Simmons in trade talks with the Rockets.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Some of the lines from the commentators from the Rockets game last night whenever Christian Wood did something;

"There's Wood popping out"

"See how easily Wood stretches out and lays that in"

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I love Charles Barkley, he wants Harden in Brooklyn because he thinks that they will implode and wants to see it.:lol:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Sixers are willing to include Ben Simmons in trade talks with the Rockets.
They better be. Trading Simmons for Harden would be a huge steal for the Sixers.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Google results are telling me that Giannis made 20m in endorsements last year, compared to 11m for Anthony Davis, and 52m for LeBron James, 17m for Harden. You can't expect anyone to become as popular as LeBron, and Giannis isn't the most charismatic guy ever, makes me wonder if he'd really be able to make up the difference in extra endorsements. Maybe in New York, but that's where players to to die.
Giannis will be the face of Nike basketball once LeBron finally retires, and that helps a lot in exposure which leads to more endorsements.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They better be. Trading Simmons for Harden would be a huge steal for the Sixers.
It wouldn't ever be a like for like trade, but Morey has come out and denied this anyway.

Houston have lowkey had quite a decent off season, they have assembled some good pieces. Harden could have a better team now than he's had in the last few years. If the relationship is permanently severed, then he's got to go obviously but if both sides can agree to let bygones be bygones and start fresh with a new regime, Houston could have something to say in the west.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Why? Being a legendary Laker didn't stop him from being hired by the Clippers. Can't take our own legend back?
I love Jerry for all he did, and for the stories my dad told me of watching him in the Forum when he was a kid. He is a almost 2 decades removed from being the GM of the Lakers and tuned down an opportunity to return, instead going to baby brother. While there he has talked shit about the Lakers. So no, even though I respect the hell out of him, I do not want him back.

Lets put it another way. If Sir Bobby had went and managed City, and shit talked Utd while there, would he be as revered at Utd as he is now?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I love Jerry for all he did, and for the stories my dad told me of watching him in the Forum when he was a kid. He is a almost 2 decades removed from being the GM of the Lakers and tuned down an opportunity to return, instead going to baby brother. While there he has talked shit about the Lakers. So no, even though I respect the hell out of him, I do not want him back.

Lets put it another way. If Sir Bobby had went and managed City, and shit talked Utd while there, would he be as revered at Utd as he is now?
Nah i hate him :mad:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It wouldn't ever be a like for like trade, but Morey has come out and denied this anyway.

Houston have lowkey had quite a decent off season, they have assembled some good pieces. Harden could have a better team now than he's had in the last few years. If the relationship is permanently severed, then he's got to go obviously but if both sides can agree to let bygones be bygones and start fresh with a new regime, Houston could have something to say in the west.
They essentially swapped Covington for Wood and Westbrook for Wall. Both are downgrades (though I like Wood as a player).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Heat in the running for Harden?

Or just an unsubstantiated rumor?
I would seriously doubt it. Harden seems to be the antithesis of a "Heat Culture" player. Spo would probably have a meltdown the first time Harden "played defense", let alone the 845th time. Herro and Robinson suck on D, but at least there is effort. Plus, it would kinda be a big feck you to Butler.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They essentially swapped Covington for Wood and Westbrook for Wall. Both are downgrades (though I like Wood as a player).
I love Covington, but Wood looks like he could be a much better fit for Silas' offense, and I never felt Russ was a good fit for the Rockets to begin with, I just didn't. A lot of it rides on Wall staying healthy though and getting back to at least 70% of what he used to be.

Sarni

Rudy Gobert agrees to 5-year, $205 million extension with Utah Jazz (espn.com)

Ugh. This contract is going to look horrible in 2-3 years when his legs go. I get it from Utah's perspective, they are never going to be a max FA destination, but his is going to hurt.
It’s a dreadful deal, I don’t get why NBA teams do this to themselves. They aren’t a contender right now and their foundation for future is Mitchell who is just 24 and entering his peak. Instead of trying to build around him they have now committed to Gobert until he’s 34. The right move would have been to trade him for younger pieces that would align with Mitchell’s timeline and allow them to compete for championship or Finals in 2-3 years. Instead in 2-3 years they will have their salary cap bloated with Gobert’s contract while making first round exits year after year.

Sarni

Harden to Heat apparently getting some traction. This doesn’t seem right though, not only will he change the way they play which was so successful last season, they will have to gut their bench to get it done and get rid of some fun players like Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro. Moreover I don’t even get how salaries are supposed to work without leaving them with 9 players on their roster. Herro, Robinson, Iguodala and Olynyk will get close but not there yet. They can’t trade Meyers or Dragic yet, and I bet they aren’t even thinking about moving Bam.

If Philly aren’t moving Simmons for him then Brooklyn makes more sense although the pieces they can offer are not all that appealing. Houston will not get major young talent from them but if they can defer the picks to 2024-27 period those could be tasty by then. Eg unprotected 2023, swap in 2024, unprotected 2025, swap in 2026 and unprotected 2027. You will want that if all you are getting in players is Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen.

Sandyman

Do many of you play NBA Fantasy? Am playing for the first time this season and was just wondering if there's any interest to setup a Caf league

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Harden to Heat apparently getting some traction. This doesn’t seem right though, not only will he change the way they play which was so successful last season, they will have to gut their bench to get it done and get rid of some fun players like Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro. Moreover I don’t even get how salaries are supposed to work without leaving them with 9 players on their roster. Herro, Robinson, Iguodala and Olynyk will get close but not there yet. They can’t trade Meyers or Dragic yet, and I bet they aren’t even thinking about moving Bam.

If Philly aren’t moving Simmons for him then Brooklyn makes more sense although the pieces they can offer are not all that appealing. Houston will not get major young talent from them but if they can defer the picks to 2024-27 period those could be tasty by then. Eg unprotected 2023, swap in 2024, unprotected 2025, swap in 2026 and unprotected 2027. You will want that if all you are getting in players is Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen.
I don't see how he fits with Butler, based on the rumours that came out last week about Harden's attitude with the Rockets and how it angered both Paul and Westbrook, the former because Harden refused to be involved when Paul was on the ball and Westbrook because Harden couldn't be bothered to be on time for practice and video sessions. Butler may slap him around.

Edit: Or maybe Houston get Butler?

Sarni

I don't see how he fits with Butler, based on the rumours that came out last week about Harden's attitude with the Rockets and how it angered both Paul and Westbrook, the former because Harden refused to be involved when Paul was on the ball and Westbrook because Harden couldn't be bothered to be on time for practice and video sessions. Butler may slap him around.

Edit: Or maybe Houston get Butler?
I don’t think they would trade Butler for Harden. It would be a backwards move for Miami after the playoffs he had. I really don’t think this move makes sense at all. Heat have a fun team and will have some cap space to improve next year, albeit not as much as they would have had if they hadn’t extended Bam already. Still they will have enough to get someone like Oladipo, and knowing Riley he should be able to work out a deal for someone without having full space necessary anyway (like he had done with Butler).

Besides Herro has shown great potential despite being so young, they just drafted a good piece in Achiuwa, they got other project in Okpala and their scouting is amazing so they will probably pick up a few good pieces off the waivers too.

Harden is a complete change of direction for a team that just went to Finals. Pointless.