S-P-E-C-I-A-L

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Congrats @adexkola you called it.
Not a Bucks fan!

But yeah, as good as the Suns were this post season, the numbers indicated they were pushing a boulder uphill, and eventually that boulder would roll back down.

Didn't expect Giannis to literally carry his team to the finish line in G6 though!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I love it when a small.market team wins. Congrats to any Bucks fans in here.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Hopefully this will encourage more stars to stick with their original team, like Giannis did. Inches away from losing to Brooklyn, hopefully this helps the city heal, like I hope Italy takes inspiration from their Euros win.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hopefully this will encourage more stars to stick with their original team, like Giannis did. Inches away from losing to Brooklyn, hopefully this helps the city heal, like I hope Italy takes inspiration from their Euros win.
Bucks won because nets lost 2 of their acquired stars to injury, and their homegrown one somehow didn't shred his knee after his leg bent backward...

Guess what i'm getting at is, no, it's not gonna make stars on poor franchises want to stick around...

Bucks also got very busy in the offseason trying to improve to team with big moves - Bogdanovic and Jrue

Seriously, how many stars left situations like the bucks at the first opportunity?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
As a Suns fan, I'm used to being disappointed.

But of all the teams that could win the title, losing to the Bucks and Giannis hurts the least because they deserve to win it with how they've built their team.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Props to Bud also, many questioned him (and probably rightly so in previous runs), but he made some great adjustments in this playoffs and throughout the final series.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Props to Bud also, many questioned him (and probably rightly so in previous runs), but he made some great adjustments in this playoffs and throughout the final series.
Yep. Hawks series and this one he was great, made all the right adjustments at the right time

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Giannis was getting so much criticism at one point during the playoffs. He’s a monster.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Where does Giannis rank all-time if he retires today? Already above the likes of Charles Barkley and Malone? He has the ring and Finals MVP over them but of course he wasn’t up against Jordan.

led_scholes

What a truly amazing story for Giannis and Thanasis too!! And Giannis, man...what a freak!
My father actually woke up at 4 am just to watch it. I was hoping the Suns would equal the run so i would be able to watch the seventh game. Next year we go again :devil:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Where does Giannis rank all-time if he retires today? Already above the likes of Charles Barkley and Malone? He has the ring and Finals MVP over them but of course he wasn’t up against Jordan.
Definitely not above Malone yet for me. Probably a bit above Barkley if he retires today.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Bbbbbbut Giannis was regressing as a player and useless in playoffs...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Let the guy finish his career first, long long way to go given he is only 26. Malone is second most in points and shouldn't be looked down upon given he had two finals versus Jordan. Barkley was amazing in his era as well.

Just so happy he atleast has a ring to shut up all th critics who said he wasn't a top player in the league. Just amazing how he took over this game, put his struggling teammates on his shoulders.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
So chuffed, Giannis deserves this more than any of the superstars in the league. What an inspirational performance, loved seeing his post game interview with his personality shining through.

Eddy_JukeZ

Incredible by Giannis.

One of the best series ever by a player and one of the best performances ever by a player.

I'm so glad he won after some of the criticism he was getting and the terrible media quips about him needing to leave to win a ring.

I can't get over how amazing he was. He was like a video game created player out there.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's idiots like Perkins already trying to stir up debate about where to place a player in the all-time "rankings." It's nonsense and serves no purpose other than "look at me debating subjective nonsense," something the likes of Perkins is very good at.

Zen

Karl Malone would be nothing in today's game, Barkley would likely be more valuable than he was.... not sure how this all translates in anything mind you.

Giannis doin' it in style though, good man. Gotta feel for CP3 mind, a mega run and Suns star of the playoffs even if Booker had some highs himself, just wildly inconsistent.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Word on the street is Portis is still running around Milwaukee like

RooneyLegend

Karl Malone would be nothing in today's game, Barkley would likely be more valuable than he was.... not sure how this all translates in anything mind you.

Giannis doin' it in style though, good man. Gotta feel for CP3 mind, a mega run and Suns star of the playoffs even if Booker had some highs himself, just wildly inconsistent.
Why would Malone be nothing in today's game?

edcunited1878

Karl Malone is one of the best power forwards of all time. Charles Barkley is one of the best power forward and small forward hybrids of all time. And they both could shoot from the perimeter and most importantly, play defense with an attitude.

It's just comical to say that these types of players would not be good in today's game. Just because they can't shoot a 3 as good doesn't mean they cannot be top players.

You put a Malone or Barkley with a Lillard or just a scoring guard and you're half way there to a championship, immediately a top 4 contender in any conference.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's also likely Barkley and Malone would have adapted their styles in this era as would any player to the era we hypothetically transport to. FFS. It's like saying Duncan would be nothing today.

Malone would perhaps be a Zion type, whereas Barkley would be an even better prime Blake Griffin, or a wild thought - a Westbrook type but able to play multiple positions.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

I guess it also extends to being able to defend on the perimeter. Can Malone defend against someone like Jokic or Durant?
Probably not on the perimeter for a full game, but he was capable of defending outside and obviously on the blocks. Jokic would be a good matchup, but Malone is only about 6'9", or just about the same height as LeBron. But would be a very good challenge for Jokic. Remember, these older guys know way more about the inside game, defense and offense, than majority of the modern bigs. Playing against The Dream and Shaq, you had to know your way around the paint.

A 3 and D guy or a long off guard type player, like a Portis would guard Durant. Crowder is a great example of a guy who would guard Durant for sure. Malone guarding Durant would be a waste.

Malone would be a great big man for a team going small. Kaminsky played great minutes for the Suns last night and that's a position where Malone would play. He would also be better than Ayton in trying to defend a Giannis because he was a wider player and stout defender compared to Ayton, who is taller.

edcunited1878

It's also likely Barkley and Malone would have adapted their styles in this era as would any player to the era we hypothetically transport to. FFS.
And teams would adapt their personnel a bit too to ensure their strengths, which are a whole lot better than 98% of the league, and make sure they are maximized within a team setting.

You cannot win without a big man or legit interior player who can score, rebound, and defend...whether that's the perimeter and/or rim.

There's more than one way to win with personnel in the NBA, but they all have specific roles that must be fulfilled to a top, elite level. Safe to say that Chuck and The Mailman were those elite players.

Stacks

Bucks won because nets lost 2 of their acquired stars to injury, and their homegrown one somehow didn't shred his knee after his leg bent backward...

Guess what i'm getting at is, no, it's not gonna make stars on poor franchises want to stick around...

Bucks also got very busy in the offseason trying to improve to team with big moves - Bogdanovic and Jrue

Seriously, how many stars left situations like the bucks at the first opportunity?
I hope other STARS then decide to join Giannis instead!

All in all I am happy Giannis stuffed one in Harden's face for calling him unskilled and the fact Giannis did what Harden could never.
Let the guy finish his career first, long long way to go given he is only 26. Malone is second most in points and shouldn't be looked down upon given he had two finals versus Jordan. Barkley was amazing in his era as well.

Just so happy he atleast has a ring to shut up all th critics who said he wasn't a top player in the league. Just amazing how he took over this game, put his struggling teammates on his shoulders.
I agree. Way too soon although I'm hoping for 3 rings outta Giannis or hes a bust
It's idiots like Perkins already trying to stir up debate about where to place a player in the all-time "rankings." It's nonsense and serves no purpose other than "look at me debating subjective nonsense," something the likes of Perkins is very good at.
Perk is just attitude and entertainment. He is there for soundbites not intelligent conversation.