NBA 2021-2022

Beans

Supports
Neutral
You mention that the two titles with Durant hurt his legacy, but on the other side of the coin, if Steph can win a 4th chip this year I think he will be the only player in NBA history as a top 75 player to win two titles without another top 75 player on the roster. There's certainly nobody in the current "so called" top 10 who has done this.
I don't see Tony Parker on the list with Tim Duncan.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Tim won his first two with David Robinson

Ah but yea Tim won the next two without any others in the top 75.
Had Kawhi for the last one but that still does leave him as a two time winner without another top 75 player.

So I'm wrong again. :houllier:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
An insider on a radio segment mentioned the Mavs should seek a sign-and-trade with the Knicks involving Brunson and Randle. Mentioned Brunson craves playing/living in New York and Randle wants away.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
An insider on a radio segment mentioned the Mavs should seek a sign-and-trade with the Knicks involving Brunson and Randle. Mentioned Bronson craves playing/living in New York and Randle wants away.
How is Randle going to help them? It will be a repeat of Porzingis. He's hardly a center who occupies the paint and will dominate the boards, would rather keep Brunson.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How is Randle going to help them? It will be a repeat of Porzingis. He's hardly a center who occupies the paint and will dominate the boards, would rather keep Brunson.
Randle would be awful there. They need to keep Brunson but I did not realize he will be unrestricted, so their desire is not the only thing to matter here. Still it’s better to lose him for nothing than to take on bad money, their salary list is bloated without that already.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Randle would be awful there. They need to keep Brunson but I did not realize he will be unrestricted, so their desire is not the only thing to matter here.
They ain't gonna win by overpaying to retain Brunson, so guess they're stuck with what they have. What do they do with Hardaway Jr returning from injury?

Moby

Dick
Why is this Top 75 list being treated as a definitive source of who is a top quality player in a team? Most of these top xx lists are generally subjective. On the topic even before Durant joined, Curry had Klay, Green and Igoudala all of whom made for a top level playoffs team, plus some decent pieces in support. Even in 2016 when they had one of the starters go completely invisible, they only went out due to Green's stupidity, else that would have been a 4-1 close at the oracle. Durant joining obviously took it to ridiculous levels but it was by no means a team short on talent especially Klay who was one of the most explosive weapons in the game.

For me like I said before Curry's biggest credit is in transforming how the sport is played and being the poster boy for the current style of play, as well as being the centerpiece of one of the best offenses ever created which he has maintained while teammates have come and gone. I wouldn't necessarily have him as someone who could get you rings without a top level supporting cast especially looking at the 15-19 years when they got to 5 finals in a row. Doing it this year would definitely add that sort of a legacy to him as this team for sure isn't as star studded as those but still overall, I don't see it as a strong argument for him in particular.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Tim won his first two with David Robinson

Ah but yea Tim won the next two without any others in the top 75.
At I thought it was only 1, just squeezed by.

Rodman doesn’t belong on that list, so Thomas should count, seems too heavily weighed to modern players as well.

SinNombre

That top-75 list is not even worth arguing about, as are most media voted awards including the final MVP. It is just for casuals.

That said, Klay like Draymond has never been at the level where you would build a team around them but that's the point of the Curry-Kerr era ball.

SinNombre

So Celtics who some people were already proclaiming as NBA champs are going to a game 7 in Miami?

edcunited1878

Top performance from Jimmy Buckets to force a Game 7. Again, refs were a little too whistle happy in favor for Heat when it was close.

But taking nothing away from Buckets, he dominated the game and willed his team to a Game 6 win.

Have to say, for the Cs, Tatum and Brown were very disappointing down the stretch and in a closeout game. Turnovers, not enough offense, one of them fouled out.

edcunited1878

It is a silly list but honestly was a bigger exclusion than Klay in the NBA75 list
Butler hasn't been this good or at this level for the majority of his career, especially compared to guys on this 75th NBA team. He's has a tremendous playoff run and great time in Miami.

Been a very good player and has improved, and has obviously elevated his game in the playoffs, but he's averaging 22/5/5 in the regular season playing well over 30 minutes per game He's a very good defender too, but can see why he's not on the list.

Klay is a prolific shooter and very good defender himself, but more players have contributed more and are in or not in. So him and Butler are just outside the list, but not a surprise.

ZDwyr

Dwight Howard was the wrongful omission from the Top 75 list.

Also, well done Miami.

AFC NimbleThumb

This is his second great and deep playoff run as the main man
The bubble run was great, though. . . the Bubble. This run has been patchy due to his knee health, highs & lows. Jimmy is like Ole’s United, the ceiling was high but the base level was low. He generally dials it in during full seasons. I would say that case = Top 75 vs the entirety of their careers aside each other.

I like Jimmy but allay has multiple games like yesterdays shut out & is the 2nd best shooter of all-time. You can’t penalise him for playing next to Curry like that, Game 6 Klay doesn’t happen overnight.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Jimmy mfing Buckets. Wow! What a massive player.

Though Heat can still win it, imagine if Jimmy, Lowry and Herro were fully fit for this series. It might have been a wrap already.

Also, how did Smart and Coby White take more shots than Tatum in this match?!

Moby

Dick
Jimmy mfing Buckets. Wow! What a massive player.

Though Heat can still win it, imagine if Jimmy, Lowry and Herro were fully fit for this series. It might have been a wrap already.

Also, how did Smart and Coby White take more shots than Tatum in this match?!
NBA needs to do something about key players getting injured for most teams come playoffs. Every year I keep hearing this team would have won if their players weren't injured. Not sure if there's another sport where key players of multiple teams get injuries so consistently during the later stages of the season.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
NBA needs to do something about key players getting injured for most teams come playoffs. Every year I keep hearing this team would have won if their players weren't injured. Not sure if there's another sport where key players of multiple teams get injuries so consistently during the later stages of the season.
The same happens in football as well, many big players are injured for key games and finals. It's just that it's felt more in the NBA because of lesser players on the court at a time.

Moby

Dick
The same happens in football as well, many big players are injured for key games and finals. It's just that it's felt more in the NBA because of lesser players on the court at a time.
Don't think so. Most of the top players in the teams that consistently reach the later stages don't get these many injuries. There's a definite issue of basketball players playing too many games over a season and being knackered by the time playoffs happen.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Reducing the 82 matches plus a couple of weeks break between the regular season and the POs ?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Having the play-in didn't help as well, though I understand the attractiveness of it because it adds a bit of jeapordy to the lower positions and lowers tanking.

Because of the play-in every team is basically playing once every 2 days, rather than 3 days in the early rounds for previous seasons. Maybe they can think of reducing the regular season games while keeping the play-in.