NBA 2021-2022

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The funny part is that that worked by getting rid of all the centres. LA are going to start most games with two centres. :lol:

I don’t think this works at all.
I mean Russ can play with centers. He's done it before. It's just that the Rockets thought the best way to get the best out Russ in a team that also had to cater to Harden was to clear the paint. Don't think MDA would have gone for a drastic approach like that if Harden wasn't there and it was just Russ being the primary ball handler. Two centers clogging up the paint might be a bit much though :D

edcunited1878

We know the NBA season just started and there's a lot of banter/news still coming through...but didn't see anything about Zion! He's out with a foot injury/surgery, but he apparently ballooned to 300+ pounds this off season!

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-...-for-gaining-weight-since-his-2019-nba-draft/

Zion's camp doesn't have a good relationship with the Pelicans front office and GM, but he doesn't help himself at all either. For a franchise that tanked hard and celebrated hard for getting the #1 pick just for him, it has to be disappointing.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
We know the NBA season just started and there's a lot of banter/news still coming through...but didn't see anything about Zion! He's out with a foot injury/surgery, but he apparently ballooned to 300+ pounds this off season!

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-...-for-gaining-weight-since-his-2019-nba-draft/

Zion's camp doesn't have a good relationship with the Pelicans front office and GM, but he doesn't help himself at all either. For a franchise that tanked hard and celebrated hard for getting the #1 pick just for him, it has to be disappointing.
I would look into Ben+++ for Zion. Ben goes back to Louisiana.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
fecking Sarver and Jones being cheap in not maxing Ayton.

Suns is probably the only team with a cheaper owner than the Glazers.

elmo

Watch the mountain dew ad he shot with Zach Lavine.

Zion is genuinely a lard tub who needs to lose at least 30 pounds.

edcunited1878

Watch the mountain dew ad he shot with Zach Lavine.

Zion is genuinely a lard tub who needs to lose at least 30 pounds.
Totally!!!! Someone mentioned that to me this morning and I was appalled and laughing because...damn.

And it didn't help that the bowl of chips were right in front of Zion! I know it's difficult to maintain weight and not gain weight when you're unable to do vigorous cardio/workouts with a broken foot like Zion, but that doesn't mean you drink Mtn Dew and crap all day.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So this has nothing to do with the game against the Rockets because I have been out of it for about a month but I don't think that Simmons to the Timberwolves make sense anymore unless he is supposed to play as a 4, he would be an upgrade on someone like Okogie but is he worth what the 76ers want? On the topic of the Wolves trying to find their 4, do you guys see someone that could fit and would attainable?

edcunited1878

why would any GM say something like this?

Morey is known(!) to say private things in public or on a public facing forum (e.g. Twitter) that is open to scrutiny.

What he's saying just confirms what the Sixers are preaching internally and that is, focus on the players and people who show up to improve everyday and focus on winning a title...Ben is not that person via his actions. Until Ben shows up and dedicates himself to his teammates, they won't reciprocate. Nor should they.

On one hand, he's showing their preference to trade Ben and get him out of the team. But they should be low balled in terms of offers. Don't think they care too much about the offer, just retain most if not all of his salary and get something tangible back (player(s) or picks).

entropy

Morey is known(!) to say private things in public or on a public facing forum (e.g. Twitter) that is open to scrutiny.

What he's saying just confirms what the Sixers are preaching internally and that is, focus on the players and people who show up to improve everyday and focus on winning a title...Ben is not that person via his actions. Until Ben shows up and dedicates himself to his teammates, they won't reciprocate. Nor should they.

On one hand, he's showing their preference to trade Ben and get him out of the team. But they should be low balled in terms of offers. Don't think they care too much about the offer, just retain most if not all of his salary and get something tangible back (player(s) or picks).
It’s a terrible look for any GM or front office to say he is going to deny a player his wish to be traded to another team.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s a terrible look for any GM or front office to say he is going to deny a player his wish to be traded to another team.

Not really . In this case he knows that he has the support of the organisation, city and a lot of Basketball. Simmons is behaving in a shocking way and It’s high time someone gave it back to him

entropy

Not really . In this case he knows that he has the support of the organisation, city and a lot of Basketball. Simmons is behaving in a shocking way and It’s high time someone gave it back to him
Didn’t Morey turn down multiple offers during the summer? he is just knowingly tanking Simmons value at this point.

edcunited1878

They will trade him if it's a viable offer. They have a window to compete in the East.. Morey can do as he pleases because the entire organization is in unison about Ben.

They still believe he can contribute, but Ben has to engage and buy in. Obviously he's not doing so.

Ben was challenged by the public, by his NBA peers, and team. They called a spade a spade and he hasn't responded to the challenge. The challenge is himself to improve. In addition to that, he's acting up.

entropy

They will trade him if it's a viable offer. They have a window to compete in the East.. Morey can do as he pleases because the entire organization is in unison about Ben.

They still believe he can contribute, but Ben has to engage and buy in. Obviously he's not doing so.

Ben was challenged by the public, by his NBA peers, and team. They called a spade a spade and he hasn't responded to the challenge. The challenge is himself to improve. In addition to that, he's acting up.
Ben doesn’t want to be part of the organization though. He has said that multiple times. What exactly are they trying to achieve by denying him a trade?

edcunited1878

Ben doesn’t want to be part of the organization though. He has said that multiple times. What exactly are they trying to achieve by denying him a trade?
He doesn't want to be part of it, but then the Sixers still have to pay him. So by bringing him back, it allows them not to pay him due to suspension and conduct detrimental to the team. And they can still trade him if a viable offer comes through. They can't just bar him from the team...there's a CBA/Union at work here.

entropy

He doesn't want to be part of it, but then the Sixers still have to pay him. So by bringing him back, it allows them not to pay him due to suspension and conduct detrimental to the team. And they can still trade him if a viable offer comes through. They can't just bar him from the team...there's a CBA/Union at work here.
How does any of this help 76ers win anything? Morey had all summer to trade him.

Charlie Foley

Go Dubs! Picked it back up after a slump. Credit to Clippers for making a game of it. Steph is the man

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What a win after nearly blowing it. Stephen Curry you hero. Strength in number (singular tonight).

Good win that Charlie lad. ;)

Last edited:

R'hllor

Didnt 76ers tried to ship BS for Harden before all playoff things? All parties have blame to share, some more than others, after that defeat vs Hawks, those statements from Doc and Embiid that tried to wash his hand of blame by throwing BS under the bus, i mean, what they expected to happen after.

entropy

Because Morey is a numbers guy and would trade his mother for a pack of peanuts if the stats says the peanuts are better.
He seems to have overplayed his hand and his statements now come across like he is on some power trip. If he was serious about winning he would have moved Ben a long time ago. He is just being disgusting now and tanking his value on purpose.

RooneyLegend

How does any of this help 76ers win anything? Morey had all summer to trade him.
Apparently they think a player that doesn't make a field goal in 3 consecutive 4th quarters in the players is worth a big time player in return.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He seems to have overplayed his hand and his statements now come across like he is on some power trip. If he was serious about winning he would have moved Ben a long time ago. He is just being disgusting now and tanking his value on purpose.
That’s just speculation on your part . Nba isn’t really like NFL where he needs to be fast on trades, there is lots of time to go so he has to try & get the best that he can

Beans

Supports
Neutral
That sounds like a football fan talking, in the NBA no one cares if you'd like a trade.

entropy

That sounds like a football fan talking, in the NBA no one cares if you'd like a trade.
If a player wants to get traded eventually the team has no other option but to. I think it’s insane that people think a GM can knowingly tank someone's career and somehow it is ok?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Speculation about what exactly? he is on the record saying he wouldn’t mind not trading him for four years.

Speculation about the overplayed his hand part. We will see really what was offered and what they end up with . They shouldn’t be in a rush to trade him just because he wants to leave

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
If a player wants to get traded eventually the team has no other option but to. I think it’s insane that people think a GM can knowingly tank someone's career and somehow it is ok?

Bizarre that you somehow continue to make Simmons the victim in this . No one is tanking his career apart from Simmons itself

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What was River's thinking not challenging the blocking call on Green. There's less than a minutes to go, so it's not like you're going to save your challenge for later.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Come off it man.

Ben is the one tanking his value by being an insolent snot. He's not the only player that's been put up on the trading block. But he signed a contract. In exchange for all that money, in spite of his hurt feelings, he's obligated to perform in training and on the court, and improve his skill-set, for his current team. At the very least, play your heart out, improve your game, and raise your value, so you increase the population of teams that would be willing to take a chance on you and leave all parties satisfied. It says a lot that no player in the league has gone on record fully endorsing Simmons.

Morey can be stats-obsessed at times but despite his heavy-handed approach, he is absolutely right to insist on waiting this out, for two reasons:

1. Right now, no other team in the NBA is trading a quality difference player for Simmons. This may change as teams look to tank/reset, but at the moment all Philly would get for Simmons is scraps. Barring finding a diamond in the rough, letting Simmons go for pennies on the dollar caps what they can do in the next 4 years, and wastes Embiid's prime. They are within their rights to either hope a valuable asset comes back to his senses and lifts them to contender status, or they can trade him for someone who can.

2. Letting Simmons go for whatever because he's being unprofessional, sets a terrible precedent for players across the league. It's no secret that numerous front offices (off the record of course) are supporting Morey's approach. Imagine if Simmons gets his way. Now you'll have players believing they can sulk a year into a hefty 5 year contract, and get a desired move they want, leaving their former team up shits creek. It destroys the notion of a contract being a two-way understanding between team and player, and as a result owners will seek to put in clauses that protect their interests.

As a corollary to reason 2, I cannot imagine a scenario where this feckery is not brought up in the next CBA negotiations. If I'm an owner I'm not signing a new agreement with players without insisting some sort of protection against players who try to pull dumb stunts like this.

Now, part of me thinks this is overdue karma for The Process. And if the Sixers hadn't indulged his refusal to shoot, and didn't offer him a huge contract, we wouldn't be here. So enough blame to go around.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
In other news to my surprise I have mixed feelings about the new contract we offered JJJ. Up to this point it looks like he's stalled. If he doesn't end the season being a reliable partner for Ja then that sets us back a bit.

elmo

Rumours that an article accusing Sarver of racism and sexual harassment is going to be released next week.

If true, the league is going to force him to sell.

sport2793

Rumours that an article accusing Sarver of racism and sexual harassment is going to be released next week.

If true, the league is going to force him to sell.
I hope he's forced to sell, maybe the worst owner in American sports.

entropy

@adexkola One could also argue that Morey had the entire summer to trade him. However, most of it was spent overvaluing his player and chasing unrealistic targets such as Dame. When a player has made it clear he doesn’t want to be part of the organization. I don’t see how it is a smart idea to ever bring them back. Especially considering the media shitstorm this issue has already caused.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Careers aren't "tanked" in these situations. The player is a professional under contract, he does his job. Pouting and acting out so you get thrown out of practice is not going to endear him to any GMs or coaches out there, it's a bad career move imho. They'll trade him if they can get fair value, I'm sure. But right now he looks like a player you can't win a championship with, which is why no one wants to offer anything better than what they have.

I predict an apology and he rejoins the team.

entropy

Careers aren't "tanked" in these situations. The player is a professional under contract, he does his job. Pouting and acting out so you get thrown out of practice is not going to endear him to any GMs or coaches out there, it's a bad career move imho. They'll trade him if they can get fair value, I'm sure. But right now he looks like a player you can't win a championship with, which is why no one wants to offer anything better than what they have.
I think when a GM says outright he won’t trade a player for the entirety of their contract. Then he is definitely guilty of tanking the player's value.

elmo

I think when a GM says outright he won’t trade a player for the entirety of their contract. Then he is definitely guilty of tanking the player's value.
Simmons and his camp is the one tanking his own value. How is Morey tanking Simmons value when all he's saying is he wants a good player in return for Simmons and won't trade him for the sake of getting him out of the team.