NBA 2021-2022

Ladron de redcafe

Kyrie for Westbrook?
The Lakers would be better with Kyrie, in my opinion. Westbrook and LeBron make each other redundant, and LeBron prefers teams with spacing, which Kyrie might provide, while Westbrook's strong suit isn't his perimeter shooting.

ZDwyr

Kyrie would have the same issue in LA as he does in NY in terms of vaccine mandates I believe?

Not to mention that Kyrie is the superior player to Westbrook at this point so it'd be a downgrade for Brooklyn. Doubt LeBron wants to deal with Kyrie again either.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Kyrie would have the same issue in LA as he does in NY in terms of vaccine mandates I believe?
Not at the moment, he would in SF though.
Anyway, I think no GM in their right mind wants to deal with Kyrie and his bullshit anymore. I know I wouldn't.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Morey needs to sort this situation out ASAP. Why not work something out with Portland, either for Lillard or (preferably from the Blazers POV) McCollum and some picks or something like that? Portland desperately needs some defense on their team as well.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Morey needs to sort this situation out ASAP. Why not work something out with Portland, either for Lillard or (preferably from the Blazers POV) McCollum and some picks or something like that? Portland desperately needs some defense on their team as well.
They don’t have the assets to get Lillard and Portland will not be looking to trade him at this point. Going by reports Morey only wants to trade him for Lillard or Beal and I wouldn’t even be sure he would like it to be anything more than a straight swap which will obviously never happen. Somehow he has become obsessed wanting to ‘win’ a trade similar to Ainge. They apparently asked Blazers to add 3 picks and 2 swaps to McCollum to make a deal, I mean what the feck is that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They don’t have the assets to get Lillard and Portland will not be looking to trade him at this point. Going by reports Morey only wants to trade him for Lillard or Beal and I wouldn’t even be sure he would like it to be anything more than a straight swap which will obviously never happen. Somehow he has become obsessed wanting to ‘win’ a trade similar to Ainge. They apparently asked Blazers to add 3 picks and 2 swaps to McCollum to make a deal, I mean what the feck is that.
This is probably silly but would you do?

Blazers get Simmons and Taurean Prince.
76ers get McCollum + 1st rd from Portland + 1st rd from the Wolves + a swap from the Wolves and Blazers.
Wolves get: Larry Nance Jr

Sarni

This is probably silly but would you do?

Blazers get Simmons and Taurean Prince.
76ers get McCollum + 1st rd from Portland + 1st rd from the Wolves + a swap from the Wolves and Blazers.
Wolves get: Larry Nance Jr
Nope. I would do straight swap CJ for Simmons I think simply because it would help our defense and I believe CJ & Dame should eventually be broken up but I wouldn’t add any assets. Definitely not a 1st, swap and Nance. I don’t rate Prince.

JPRouve

Scout
Nope. I would do straight swap CJ for Simmons I think simply because it would help our defense and I believe CJ & Dame should eventually be broken up but I wouldn’t add any assets. Definitely not a 1st, swap and Nance. I don’t rate Prince.
So you think that Simmons and McCollum have equal value?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Simmons is in a tier above McCollum though and the Sixers are not going to do that “just” because he wants out - I agree that Morey doesn’t wanna come out of a trade as the loser (even though just resolving this issue would be a win for them at this point).

I don’t think it will happen either for what it’s worth. I just think Portland would be a good fit for Simmons.

Sarni

So you think that Simmons and McCollum have equal value?
At this point yes, or close. Simmons being younger is offset by him not being a great fit in modern NBA + doubts over his character and commitment to basketball. The fact that he has basically not improved since coming to the league is mind boggling.

Sarni

Simmons is in a tier above McCollum though and the Sixers are not going to do that “just” because he wants out - I agree that Morey doesn’t wanna come out of a trade as the loser (even though just resolving this issue would be a win for them at this point).

I don’t think it will happen either for what it’s worth. I just think Portland would be a good fit for Simmons.
I don’t think Simmons is a tier above currently. CJ is the best player Sixers are going to get in a trade for him.

JPRouve

Scout
At this point yes, or close. Simmons being younger is offset by him not being a great fit in modern NBA + doubts over his character and commitment to basketball. The fact that he has basically not improved since coming to the league is mind boggling.
I think that you overrate McCollum and underrate Simmons but we all do with the players of our teams, so I can't fault you. :D

Sarni

I think that you overrate McCollum and underrate Simmons but we all do with the players of our teams, so I can't fault you. :D
I think Simmons is a better player overall but we are discussing a player that desperately wants out and is a headache and a player who has played his role competently for years without complaining and will still keep delivering for a good few years.

As I said, Sixers will not get a better ready now player in a deal anyway. Brogdon is similar level and that’s about it.

Also we cannot underestimate how big of an issue Simmons lack of shooting is. It’s not that he’s a bad shooter, he doesn’t take shots at all which makes him a very hard fit in most teams.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I don’t think Simmons is a tier above currently. CJ is the best player Sixers are going to get in a trade for him.
I agree with @Sarni I honestly believe Morey is massively over rating Simmons' value. He is a younger Draymond Green but without Draymond's drive, commitment and smarts.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't rate McCollum he is a bad defender and while he is an excellent shooter, that's pretty much the only thing he does at a high level.

Sarni

I don't rate McCollum he is a bad defender and while he is an excellent shooter, that's pretty much the only thing he does at a high level.
He’s very good. He was playing at elite level pre injury last season and was still quite good afterwards. He had some amazing playoffs moments in our conference finals run, has been a super consistent shooter and scorer and is one of the best at creating his own shot. I think he is going to be even better without Lillard as he will get the opportunity to be on the ball more. He has his flaws but is easily a top 6-7 SG in the league. Coincidentally he provides exactly the things Sixers need most.

JPRouve

Scout
He’s very good. He was playing at elite level pre injury last season and was still quite good afterwards. He had some amazing playoffs moments in our conference finals run, has been a super consistent shooter and scorer and is one of the best at creating his own shot. I think he is going to be even better without Lillard as he will get the opportunity to be on the ball more. He has his flaws but is easily a top 6-7 SG in the league. Coincidentally he provides exactly the things Sixers need most.
Oh Sarni, you are under his spell.:angel:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They don't call him the [obvious] truth for nothing I suppose.

Sarni

Oh Sarni, you are under his spell.:angel:
No, I’ve wanted him traded for years because he’s not a good fit here and his limitations are preventing us from being more competitive but what is worse for the team is that his strengths largely overlap with Lillard’s strengths. However I don’t think Sixers getting an elite scorer who can create his own shot, carry the ball in exchange for a disgruntled player who just had an absolutely awful playoffs run including iconic moment of passing an open dunk in crucial seconds of a series against Hawks is somehow a bad deal for Sixers.

I mean it’s fair if they think it is, they are within their rights to assess those trades whichever way they want. I don’t doubt Morey thinks they should be getting Lillard PLUS picks from Blazers in exchange for Simmons but realistically he’s either getting McCollum/Brogdon type of player who can help them immediately and not a bunch more, or some role players with 2 or 3 average quality picks.

RooneyLegend

The Nets better trade Kyrie for some defensive pieces soon. Without him, their offense isn't good enough to simply outscore everyone.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Start the season with a loss to the warriors with Westbrook looking bad and the defense looking shaky.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Curry turned into Westbrook for tonight's game. He couldn't hit water from a boat shot wise but the triple double was there, as was the win. Six players in double figures. Strength in numbers is back. C'mon you Dubs!!!!!!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
What have i done to deserve "not good enough coaches" for my teams :confused::mad:

The squads/roster for Man Utd + England + Lakers deserve much better coaches.

This is so frustrating that i wanna cry.

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

Curry turned into Westbrook for tonight's game. He couldn't hit water from a boat shot wise but the triple double was there, as was the win. Six players in double figures. Strength in numbers is back. C'mon you Dubs!!!!!!
Steph getting a triple double and Russell nailing the ol triple single is just the perfect way to start the season :drool:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph getting a triple double and Russell nailing the ol triple single is just the perfect way to start the season :drool:
The Lakers were -23 with Russ on the floor. It's only one game but it's certainly not a good start.

Charlie Foley

The Lakers were -23 with Russ on the floor. It's only one game but it's certainly not a good start.
No. I’m sure there will be games where he is statistically much better but I’m glad tonight he failed. I didn’t think he’d be a smart fit when they signed him and I still don’t think that now.

Can we appreciate Bjelica for a minute? Damm

ZDwyr

I expect the Lakers line-ups and rotations will change quite a lot over the next few months. Some interesting decisions by Vogel to start Deandre and play Russ and Rondo together.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I love Russ and want him to succeed wherever he goes. Except it's the Lakers so feck him and I hope he fails miserably.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No one here actually thinks the Russ in LA experiment actually works do they? I see now way it works on the court, whatsoever.

It's totally reliant on a complete mental shift from Westbrook and that's extremely unlikely. LeBron is capable of making it work, but at a cost to the team, so that makes no sense.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No one here actually thinks the Russ in LA experiment actually works do they? I see now way it works on the court, whatsoever.

It's totally reliant on a complete mental shift from Westbrook and that's extremely unlikely. LeBron is capable of making it work, but at a cost to the team, so that makes no sense.
It worked briefly for a few months in Houston, but we took it to the extreme and completely doubled down on the small ball approach. He had all the spacing he needed to succeed and in the lead up to the bubble playoffs, Russ and the team were fantastic. Obviously it all fell apart as quickly as it caught fire.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It worked briefly for a few months in Houston, but we took it to the extreme and completely doubled down on the small ball approach. He had all the spacing he needed to succeed and in the lead up to the bubble playoffs, Russ and the team were fantastic. Obviously it all fell apart as quickly as it caught fire.
Does he have the spacing in LA?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Does he have the spacing in LA?
Probably not, but even with the spacing he had in Houston, it only worked for a short, brief period. Teams adjusted eventually.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
The funny part is that that worked by getting rid of all the centres. LA are going to start most games with two centres. :lol:

I don’t think this works at all.